Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2012-13 Miami Season Thread: Baby boom!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official 2012-13 Miami Season Thread: Baby boom!

A New Era for 'The Brotherhood'

Last year of the CCHA.
    11 freshman, 18 underclassmen overall.
    Two rookie goalies.

Will we see a repeat of last year's first-half growing pains?
    Will Blasi try to maintain the goalie rotation or will he crown a consistent starter?
    Will we all suffer from frostbite after sitting in the stands of Soldier Field in February?

All I know is: I AM READY FOR MIAMI HOCKEY!
    Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Re: Official 2012-13 Miami Season Thread: Baby boom!

Let the fun begin! I will be watching online this evening.
    2014-15 NCAA Weekly Pick'em Overall and NCAA Tournament Champion

Love and Honor

Comment

Jimmy Mullin showing off the hands on that 4th goal.

Love and Honor

Comment

Well I suppose it's time for me to come out of hibernation.

First year off campus... wish I could be there today. I'll expect a full report from TV watchers/attendees.

Comment

Only caught the third period when the game was well in hand, so I didn't get to see how Williams looked, and McKay was only tested briefly on that 5-on-3. All in all, <--Ontario--- didn't sustain enough pressure to really gauge where the new defensemen are at.

Offense looked more in sync than we did during the exhibition last season. Barber seems to be fitting in well on the top line with Mullin and Czarnik who look poised to explode this year.

(Relatively speaking) The new All-Access looks great! Replay, clear picture, a clock and the occasional flash of a scoreboard - all marked improvements over previous renditions.

Thumbs up on the thread title, btw.

Comment

Originally posted by SweeneyHawksHockey View Post
            Jimmy Mullin showing off the hands on that 4th goal.
            Just saw the replay on AA, that was Datsyukian!

Comment

Guess its time to finally delete the bookmark from last seasons thread.

Any youtube link for the exhibition highlights?

Comment

I was at the game...Kennedy, Mason, (not surprisingly) and new Senior Hagel sat the game out. Seemed to be a lot of tension on the ice....McKenzie wanted to go at it, but was held back every time they blew the whistle. As others have said Czarnik, Mullins, and Paulazzo were looking really good. I also thought Cody Murphy played a really good game. Sean Kuraly also had a lot of good opportunities but failed to deliver....Morris however had a great first goal, and had another really great shot later in the game. Overall I'm just glad we aren't afraid to shoot this year - if they keep it up it should be a good season.

Comment

Seems as if the pendulum has swung away from Bates heading to BC. MHT should be in full meltdown mode after the press conference confirming such this afternoon. Considering the mob's requirements of a new AD would likely include a preference for Miami dropping D1 hockey, I guess we should consider this one a win

Edit: I may have spoke too soon, guess we'll find out at 1.
                  Last edited by MUhawks628; 10-09-2012, 10:28 AM.

Comment

He gone.

Let's just hope whoever the new AD is leaves hockey alone. With the move to the National, and the associated costs, you just have to hope hockey's funding isn't reconsidered by someone looking for more money in the budget to jump start the "revenue" sports.

As far as football and basketball, it's not like BB could have done much less (worse?), so anyone else should be an improvement there. Or at the very least a fresh voice.

Best of luck to Brad, certainly a good career move.
                    Last edited by MUhawks628; 10-09-2012, 01:07 PM.

Comment

I see Colgate dropped a 10 spot on Niagara last night in their first game of the regular season. Hopefully that gets us even more focused entering this weekend's series.

Love and Honor

Comment

Game Day! Watching online tonight will be there tomorrow night. Hope we get the season started off on the right foot.

Let's go 'Hawks!

Love and Honor

Comment

Weekend preview finally up. We're a little slow this year but we'll get back into the groove quickly.

http://bit.ly/SXBlew
                          http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Both nights on all-access for me. I didn't catch the exhibition game, but i heard the new feeds are a radical departure in terms of quality, how true is this?

Comment

Originally posted by fellowes View Post
                              Both nights on all-access for me. I didn't catch the exhibition game, but i heard the new feeds are a radical departure in terms of quality, how true is this?
                              Seemed pretty good. Couple problems trying to show replays and it seemed when they changed cameras the brightness would change. Thing that annoyed me the most was the announcer pronouncing Paulazzo at Paul-at-zo. I'm no linguistics major but not sure where he is getting that pronunciation.

Love and Honor

Comment

Working...
                              X