Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2012-13 Miami Season Thread: Baby boom!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official 2012-13 Miami Season Thread: Baby boom!

Originally posted by SweeneyHawksHockey View Post
    Seemed pretty good. Couple problems trying to show replays and it seemed when they changed cameras the brightness would change. Thing that annoyed me the most was the announcer pronouncing Paulazzo at Paul-at-zo. I'm no linguistics major but not sure where he is getting that pronunciation.
    My grandfather Franz came here from Germany and I always pronounced it "Frantz". Of course the wife always makes fun of me for that. Maybe it's a European thing?

Anyway, was able to attend the friday game. I thought the PK looked awesome, PP needs some work. I also think Colgate was a good team to start this year out with considering the youth of our guys. Weekend scoring of 8-1 should establish some positive feelings in the locker room. Just my .02
    You just gotta love the "Brotherhood"
    GO HAWKS!

Comment

Pretty solid debut for the team. Hopefully we can fly under the radar with these young'ens for a while.
      Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

I was bored so I thought I would put together a little summary of our alumni playing in AHL, ECHL, International Leagues and post it each week. If anyone sees any mistakes, wants to suggest any changes, or has any other comments let me know.

Pat Cannone (Binghamton Senators - AHL)
        Week of 10/8/12 - 10/14/12: 1GP, 1 SOG, (+/-) +1

Cameron Schilling (Hershey Bears - AHL)
        Week of 10/8/12 - 10/14/12: 1GP, 2 SOG, (+/-) -2

Jarod Palmer (Houston Aeros - AHL)
        Week of 10/8/12 - 10/14/12: 1GP, 1 SOG (+/-) Even

Andy Miele (Portland Pirates - AHL)
        Week of 10/8/12 - 10/14/12: 1GP, 1G, 1A, 2PTS, 3 SOG, (+/-) Even

Carter Camper (Providence Bruins - AHL)
        Week of 10/8/12 - 10/14/12: 2GP, 1A, 1 PT, 4 SOG, (+/-) -2

Justin VAIVE (San Antonio Rampage - AHL)
        Week of 10/8/12 - 10/14/12: 2GP, 1 SOG, (+/-) -1, 4 PIM

Will Weber (Springfield Falcolns - AHL)
        Week of 10/8/12 - 10/14/12: DNP

Reilly Smith (Texas Stars - AHL)
        Week of 10/8/12 - 10/14/12: 2GP, 1A, 1 PT, 4 SOG, (+/-) +2, 2 PIM

Connor Knapp (Rochester Americans - AHL)

Jeff Zatkoff (Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins - AHL)
        Week of 10/8/12 - 10/14/12: 1GP, L, 2 GA, 23/25 .920%

Chris Wideman (Elmira Jackals - ECHL)
        Week of 10/8/12 - 10/14/12: 2 GP, 1A, 1PT, 2 SOG, (+/-) +4, 2 PIM

Trent Vogelhuber (Evansville IceMen - ECHL)

Vincent Loverde (Ontario Reign - ECHL)
        Week of 10/8/12 - 10/14/12: 2 GP, 1G, 1 PT, 1 SOG, (+/-) -1, 2 PIM

Alden Hirschfeld (South Carolina Stingrays - ECHL)
        Week of 10/8/12 - 10/14/12: 1 GP, 4 SOG, (+/-) Even

Cody Reichard (Stockton Thunder - ECHL)

Charlie Effinger (Fort Wayne Komets - ECHL)
        Week of 10/8/12 - 10/14/12: 1 GP, L, 40 MIN, 4 GA, 21/25 .840%

Alec Martinez (TPS Turku - SM-Iiiga)
        Week of 10/8/12 - 10/14/12: 4 GP, 2 PIM

Matt Tomassoni (Iserlohn Roosters - DEL)
        Season: 8 GP, 1G, 1A, 2 PTS, (+/-) -1, 14 PIM
        Last edited by SweeneyHawksHockey; 11-04-2012, 09:28 PM.
        2014-15 NCAA Weekly Pick'em Overall and NCAA Tournament Champion

Love and Honor

Comment

As a Washington Capitals fan, this makes me happy:

Cameron Schilling (Hershey Bears - AHL)
          Week of 10/8/12 - 10/14/12: 1GP, 2 SOG, (+/-) -2
          but this makes me sad

Carter Camper (Providence Bruins - AHL)
          Week of 10/8/12 - 10/14/12: 2GP, 1A, 1 PT, 4 SOG, (+/-) -2

Jeff Zatkoff (Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins - AHL)
          Week of 10/8/12 - 10/14/12: 1GP, L, 2 GA, 23/25 .920%
          Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Hearing no Wideman for a couple weeks (mono).
            http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
              Hearing no Wideman for a couple weeks (mono).
              That blows, especially considering he had a great start to the season last weekend. Hopefully no one else on the team gets it too.

Love and Honor

Comment

That blows, especially considering he had a great start to the season last weekend. Hopefully no one else on the team gets it too.
                Agreed. And, well, hopefully he can even return in two weeks. That can sometimes be difficult to overcome (see: Arroyo, Bronson).
                http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Did anyone ever hear why McKenzie was out last weekend? Disciplinary? With Wideman out I guess there is a spot for him if he is playing this weekend.

Love and Honor

Comment

Did anyone ever hear why McKenzie was out last weekend? Disciplinary? With Wideman out I guess there is a spot for him if he is playing this weekend.
                    Speculation was he sustained an upper body injury in the exhibition.

Comment

Question for you guys up in Oxford...do you guys typically sell out for hockey games or can you walk up and buy tickets the day of the game?

Comment

In the past, tickets have been pretty hard to come by, but looking at the ticket website seems there are still tickets available to all of our home games this year. Even if a game is sold out you can always buy standing room tickets and still have a great view. Also, if season ticket holders are not present ushers usually fill empty seats with around five minutes left in the first period.

Love and Honor

Comment

In the past, tickets have been pretty hard to come by, but looking at the ticket website seems there are still tickets available to all of our home games this year. Even if a game is sold out you can always buy standing room tickets and still have a great view. Also, if season ticket holders are not present ushers usually fill empty seats with around five minutes left in the first period.
                          It acutally looks like they are down to single seats for all games but this weekend, which are tickets they just released this morning.

Originally posted by Gophers48 View Post
                          Question for you guys up in Oxford...do you guys typically sell out for hockey games or can you walk up and buy tickets the day of the game?
                          I don't know if you have a particular game in mind, but the standard recommendation is to call the box office on Monday of the game week and see if they are planning on releasing any tickets (usually sold back to the school by season ticket holders who can't make it down). Otherwise as Sweeny said, standing room is still a great view, the arena is only 15 rows or so, and there is plenty of room on the concourses.
                          Last edited by MUhawks628; 10-19-2012, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                            It acutally looks like they are down to single seats for all games but this weekend, which are tickets they just released this morning.

I don't know if you have a particular game in mind, but the standard recomendation is to call the box office on Monday of the game week and see if they are planning on releasing any tickets (usually sold back to the school by season ticket holders who can't make it down). Otherwise as Sweeny said, standing room is still a great view, the arena is only 15 rows or so, and there is plenty of room on the concourses.
                            I appreciate the help gentlemen. It's great to know about the SRO option, as I hate sitting at hockey games and can probably count on 1 hand the number of times I have actually sat in a seat at Mariucci. I will surely be making the trip up a few times to get my college hockey fix in person...I assume that the college hockey atmosphere in Oxford is better than in Cow-lumbus as both cities are pretty equal distant from where I live in Virginia.
                            Last edited by Gophers48; 10-19-2012, 11:36 AM.

Comment

I will surely be making the trip up a few times to get my college hockey fix in person...I assume that the college hockey atmosphere in Oxford is better than in Cow-lumbus as both cities are pretty equal distant from where I live in Virginia.
                              You are correct! Oxford > Cow-lumbus ainec

Love and Honor

Comment

I appreciate the help gentlemen. It's great to know about the SRO option, as I hate sitting at hockey games and can probably count on 1 hand the number of times I have actually sat in a seat at Mariucci. I will surely be making the trip up a few times to get my college hockey fix in person...I assume that the college hockey atmosphere in Oxford is better than in Cow-lumbus as both cities are pretty equal distant from where I live in Virginia.
                                No question that Oxford is the better choice. Value City Arena is far too big for Ohio State to generate any significant game-day atmosphere. They really need to knock down the old Ice Rink and build a real college hockey facility.
                                Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Working...
                                X