Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2012-13 Miami Season Thread: Baby boom!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2012-13 Miami Season Thread: Baby boom!

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
    Then again there are some dense ones who chime in on hockey convos on MHT, so I guess we can't really talk.
    This be why I avoid MHT at all costs.

I can't say that. I go the MHT whenever i'm feeling down I want to feel better about myself.

That being said, the few people that I've discussed this move with are fully aware of the prestige that the NCHC has the potential to have. When you look at that conference top to bottom, every club has the ability to make the tournament. Can anyone name one other conference that can say that? (this isn't aimed at you, 628. just a general comment)
    Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post

I can't say that. I go the MHT whenever i'm feeling down I want to feel better about myself.
      I try to stay away, I really do. It's just such a train wreck I can't help myself.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
        I try to stay away, I really do. It's just such a train wreck I can't help myself.
        Just to be clear...we're talking about Miami Hawk-Talk, right? Not Real Houswives of Toledo? Gosh, I love that show!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

Comment

That being said, the few people that I've discussed this move with are fully aware of the prestige that the NCHC has the potential to have. When you look at that conference top to bottom, every club has the ability to make the tournament. Can anyone name one other conference that can say that? (this isn't aimed at you, 628. just a general comment)
          You don't want to hear basketball stooges shout, "kiss the ring", when North Dakota basketball actually outdraws Miami basketball.

Sacramento State - 1692
          Northern Arizona - 1617
          Idaho State - 1959
          Weber State - 1599
          Portland State - 1519
          Eastern Washington - 1456
          Montana State - 1897
          Montana - 1844
          Bowling Green - 1681
          Northern Colorado - 1449
          Whoever the hell "Presentation" is - 1311
          UMKC? - 1549
          Crown College - 1446
          21019/13 1617

Grambling State - 1708
          James Madison - 1426
          Illinois Chicago - 1122
          Wilmington - 1024
          UMass Amherst - 898
          Northern Illinois - 907
          Bowling Green - 1405
          Ohio - 2202 (2000 Bobcats fans presumably)
          Ball State - 1573
          Western Michigan - 1206
          Akron - 1608
          Buffalo - 1067
          16146/12 1346

Comment

If anyone here predicted that a meeting between the nation's best d-men and a tough lake state team would end in a 9 goal barn-burner, congrats.

Edit: to anyone that watched, did the defense leave Williams out to dry or was he just having a really bad day?

I think we may be seeing a bit more McKay...

Comment

Well that was different.

Comment

Originally posted by fellowes View Post

Edit: to anyone that watched, did the defense leave Williams out to dry or was he just having a really bad day?
                Both goalies allowed a couple of soft goals tonight.

Comment

There were far too many times Williams was rolling around on his back for what felt like an eternity. Definitely didn't expect that heart-stopper of a game! Tomorrow night should be interesting.

Too bad the Irish couldn't pull off the shoot-out win to give us a little bit more breathing room. If the Irish can secure at least a point tomorrow, though, that will work well enough.
                  Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

• So 6 points won by miami/lost by why western, 5 won/lost by notre, and we win the last banner.

A miami sweep, and an irish win tomorrow and western is out and notre is on the ropes. A miami sweep, and a western win, and notre is done.

Comment

Congrats Miami on the win. Your offense was really good and the power-play movement makes the Lakers power-play look high school like.
                      LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                        Congrats Miami on the win. Your offense was really good and the power-play movement makes the Lakers power-play look high school like.
                        Thanks, Laker, though don't sell your boys short. They have to be one of the most tenacious teams I've watched in a long time. Despite the absurd number of penalties called, it was a great battle that had me on the edge of my seat from puck drop to final horn.

Comment

Just checked out the Pairwise this morning. We've been #3 for quite a while now. One thing that I noticed on the KRACH ratings is that they don't think too highly of our SOS. Seems like they aren't too high on the CCHA outside of Miami, Western, and Notre Dame (which is a valid point). But here's another issue: OSU is just barely over the TUC line. If they were to lose tonight, a sweep by Miami next week could eliminate them from being a TUC.

Also: why is this last weekend against OSU not a home-n-home?

Comment

Also: why is this last weekend against OSU not a home-n-home?
                            That's the weekend that the Schott is playing host to the high school wrestling tournament.

Comment

By the way, that shoot-out of a game we had last night dropped us to #2 team defense in the nation, 1.58 average goals allowed to Quinnipiac's 1.55. Hopefully the nation's #1 goaltender can work on fixing that tonight!

Comment

• Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
                                That's the weekend that the Schott is playing host to the high school wrestling tournament.
                                They were nice enough to allow us the opportunity to celebrate at home next wwek was going to be my guess

Comment

Working...
                                X