Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2012-13 Miami Season Thread: Baby boom!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2012-13 Miami Season Thread: Baby boom!

Oddly enough I am driving up to Michigan tonight (going to the Notre Dame/Louisville basketball game tomorrow) so I won't be able to watch, but I will be listening on AM590 when I get close enough so hopefully I will be able to hear at least part of the game. Hopefully we can take advantage of their depleted d-corps tonight. This looks to be a preview of top contenders in the NCHC next year.

Scalp'em!
    2014-15 NCAA Weekly Pick'em Overall and NCAA Tournament Champion

Love and Honor

Comment

Paula picked WMU to sweep this weekend, and she is taking some well-deserved flak for it in my opinion.

Hopefully we can continue our new found offensive productivity against a weakened defense. A couple early goals like in the last few games would go a long way in setting the tone for this series.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
        I'll continute to talk to myself - but for anyone that doesn't read HawkTalk - Bake just posted that video for the games will be available thru our All-Access subscriptions, apparently WMU was kind enough to share their feed. Pretty cool, haven't seen that done before. NCHC solidarity!
        That is GREAT news! I probably would have ended up buying a 1-month pass to WMU's All-Access to watch this series, anyway. Should be a couple really exciting games and a good test for both teams. Now the boys just have to prove Paula wrong!
        Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Just saw this link on the CCHA website: Brotherhood’s new ‘Warrior Award’ commends sacrifice on ice

Comment

Welp.

Ridiculous officiating aside, we didn't show up, and we got punished for it. Seriously need a better effort tomorrow.
            Last edited by fellowes; 02-08-2013, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fellowes View Post
              Welp.

Ridiculous officiating aside, we didn't show up, and we got punished for it. Seriously need a better effort tomorrow.
              Blasi and Murray were VERY animated with the officials last night. At one point Blasi stood up on the bench, grabbed a stick and was wacking it against the boards. I believe it was after they called Barber for hooking... I couldn't see the play.

Western and Miami we're both playing pretty well last night... the puck just bounced our way! Go Broncos!
              Whiney Ferris Knuckle-dragger:"You're exactly right, the WMU students & fans are out of control. The Lawson Lunatics are a bunch of wild animals with zero class or civility"

Comment

Despite the shots-on-goal differential, it felt to me like Miami was out-of-sync, especially the first period. There were some stretches--including at least one of the PPs--where it didn't seem like we could even get the puck into the offensive zone. The effort seemed to be there after the first period, but the puck just did not want to bounce our way.

Officiating was pretty awful all-around from what I could tell, though it seemed to break Miami's way in the beginning and then in favor of WMU toward the end. However, if you're going to get a lot of those calls (good or bad) going your way at any point, you need to take advantage of it. Sometimes I get to the point where I think we should turn down PPs because it seems like we have more and better scoring opportunities even- and short-handed. I was hopeful this had changed a couple weeks ago against BG, but clearly that weekend was an anomaly. We have 6 SHGs on 133 PKs while only 20 PPGs on 131 PPs. Fix the power play and capitalize just +5% more often and we would see significantly better results.

Regardless, credit to the Broncos for their win last night and hopefully we return the favor tonight.

Comment

This game is huge tonight, I would prefer to control our own CCHA title destiny.

Comment

• Originally posted by fellowes View Post
                    This game is huge tonight, I would prefer to control our own CCHA title destiny.
                    Doesn't look like Western is going to get a sweep. I hope the redhawks enjoyed the series as much as I did.

I hope that a healthy rivaly between Western and Miami develops if it hasn't already. We both have excellent up and coming programs... If the Broncos cant take a trophy home I sincerely hope that Miami can... Best of luck with the rest of the season!
                    Whiney Ferris Knuckle-dragger:"You're exactly right, the WMU students & fans are out of control. The Lawson Lunatics are a bunch of wild animals with zero class or civility"

Comment

Originally posted by Lawson_lunatic27 View Post
                      Doesn't look like Western is going to get a sweep. I hope the redhawks enjoyed the series as much as I did.

I hope that a healthy rivaly between Western and Miami develops if it hasn't already. We both have excellent up and coming programs... If the Broncos cant take a trophy home I sincerely hope that Miami can... Best of luck with the rest of the season!
                      Miami's student section could take a lesson from the Lunatics making noise the entire game

Comment

Looks like a totally different team showed up tonight, we need some more consistent play.

Comment

Obviously a much better game tonight, IMO. Hard work right from the puck drop... and a PP goal! It was great to see them keep the pressure on instead of coasting through the final minutes, and it paid off with that fourth goal.

Miami gain controls its own destiny. Can't wait to get out to Chicago to see this team in person for the first time this season!

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
                            Obviously a much better game tonight, IMO. Hard work right from the puck drop... and a PP goal! It was great to see them keep the pressure on instead of coasting through the final minutes, and it paid off with that fourth goal.

Miami gain controls its own destiny. Can't wait to get out to Chicago to see this team in person for the first time this season!
                            I was at the game tonight. Miami did control the momentum of the game from beginning to end. They kept Western from transitioning out of their zone and shut down the shooting lanes in their own. Miami had all the energy and WMU seemed very flat and could not get anything going offensively--their PP looked terrible. McKay was really good in goal, stopping 29. I wish I'd been to Friday's game, so I had something to compare Saturday's game to. Would be nice to see MU and WMU meet again this season. We shall see.
                            NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Can't argue with 1st place and split on the road against this Western team. I'll take it in a heartbeat.

Now, this is going to be one hell of a long week waiting for Sunday. Interesting to see that Miami sold more tickets than any of the other schools involved in the event. Given, we will be far have the lowest number of walkup purchases, but still great to see that our fans and alumni have embraced this even and we should have a pretty sizable contingent at Solider Field.

Comment

Great weekend of hockey. Glad that these teams will continue to meet every season. You only get better by playing good teams.
                                B2
                                It will only get better!

Comment

Working...
                                X