Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2012-13 Miami Season Thread: Baby boom!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2012-13 Miami Season Thread: Baby boom!

Originally posted by brhull169 View Post
    We are playing way better than I thought or hoped we would be at this stage of the season. With CCHA looking pretty even, who knows???
    Who knows indeed.

I was using last season as the baseline for my expectations, so needless to say this has a been a plesant suprise. Given our schedule to start the year, if you had told me we'd be 7-2-3 with Hartman, Wideman, Mullin, AND McKay missing significant time in October/November, I'd have said you'd had a few too many Mind Probes (or Trash Cans for the kids & Water Towers for the elders ).

Too early to call another sucessful reload for Rico and Co.? Maybe, but it's looking good.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
      Who knows indeed.

I was using last season as the baseline for my expectations, so needless to say this has a been a plesant suprise. Given our schedule to start the year, if you had told me we'd be 7-2-3 with Hartman, Wideman, Mullin, AND McKay missing significant time in October/November, I'd have said you'd had a few too many Mind Probes (or Trash Cans for the kids & Water Towers for the elders ).

Too early to call another sucessful reload for Rico and Co.? Maybe, but it's looking good.
      WTH is a "Trash Can"??
      Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
        This is probably true and it may be more realistic to try to work within the system, creating a hockey-focused subgroup within Red Alert. A good way to at least test the waters would be to reach out to the current leadership of Red Alert. I would have to imagine that if they have devoted fans reaching out and offering to help take the lead on this, they would be willing to support it. I would also imagine that quite a few rabid student hockey fans, though otherwise completely uninterested in Red Alert, would be willing to get on board if they had the opportunity to be a part of shaping the hockey gameday atmosphere.
        This is basically what I meant, definitely worth it for no other reason than to see what the student interest would be.

WTH is a "Trash Can"??
        Imagine every type of disgusting mixed drink... mixed together. Now imagine yourself never drinking one. Good.

Comment

Originally posted by fellowes View Post
          Imagine every type of disgusting mixed drink... mixed together. Now imagine yourself never drinking one. Good.
          I must admit I've never actually had a Trash Can. They were still a fringe drink that only the most dedicated Brick Street sorosititues were keen on when I graduated. That bad, huh?

Comment

If you're falling, it goes: DUI, Lunch at a strip club, then Trashcan at Brickstreet watching MNF when the bar is full of drifters. Yea, I'd say that's rock bottom.

Comment

I must admit I've never actually had a Trash Can. They were still a fringe drink that only the most dedicated Brick Street sorosititues were keen on when I graduated. That bad, huh?
              Yea it's a headache in a glass.

Comment

Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post
                If you're falling, it goes: DUI, Lunch at a strip club, then Trashcan at Brickstreet watching MNF when the bar is full of drifters. Yea, I'd say that's rock bottom.
                I was just there for the fantastic buffet, I swear!

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
                  a couple of thoughts after this weekend: 2. Williams has ice-water in his veins when it comes to the shootout. what is he now, 3 for 3? very much gets us beyond the hesitation that i had regarding the transition of senior tandem/trio-to-freshman tandem.
                  I do not believe Williams has allowed a goal against in the three shootouts.
                  http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Random question....anyone going to Pittsburgh for the Three Rivers Classic - or whatever it's called? All's I know is that it will be our third consecutive game against duhOSU. Still don't get why we aren't playing RMU and the Duhckeyes aren't playing Penn St to ensure the two of them play.
                    http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Although a duhOSU/Penn State matchup isn't guaranteed with the matchups in place, it does guarantee that either Robert Morris or Penn State will be in the "Championship" game.
                      2014-15 NCAA Weekly Pick'em Overall and NCAA Tournament Champion

Love and Honor

Comment

I'm thinking about it.

If I knew there was going be a good atmosphere I'd definitely go, but it's kinda hard envisioing anything but Friday afternoon at the Joe for a CCHA Semifial. Penn State/RoMo may bring a few people out of the woodwork, but what's the o/u on Miami OSU? 1,000 fans?

Comment

I've also been considering it. Other than Soldier Field (and hopefully some NCAA Tournament games), this would be my only other chance to see the team in person this year. However, ticket sales are pathetic so far, so there probably won't be any kind of gameday atmosphere, and I'm just not sure it's worth driving to Pittsburgh in the dead of winter to watch us play OSU/RoMo/PSU.

Comment

but what's the o/u on Miami OSU? 1,000 fans?
                            I'll take the under.

Comment

I've also been considering it. Other than Soldier Field (and hopefully some NCAA Tournament games), this would be my only other chance to see the team in person this year. However, ticket sales are pathetic so far, so there probably won't be any kind of gameday atmosphere, and I'm just not sure it's worth driving to Pittsburgh in the dead of winter to watch us play OSU/RoMo/PSU.
                              Speaking of which, has anyone heard how Solider Field ticket sales are going? Hard to tell based off ticketmaster since the Bears/Miami/ND/Minnesota/UW still have most of the tickets for their own sales. I'll be there +5, hopefully if the lockout is still on the organizers will be able to make this thing a success.

Originally posted by fellowes View Post
                              I'll take the under.
                              Yeah...not sure I'd feel comfortable taking the over.

Comment

Speaking of which, has anyone heard how Solider Field ticket sales are going? Hard to tell based off ticketmaster since the Bears/Miami/ND/Minnesota/UW still have most of the tickets for their own sales. I'll be there +5, hopefully if the lockout is still on the organizers will be able to make this thing a success.
                                All I know is that I'm part of a group of 75 (and counting) young alumni in section 252 and apparently most of the seats around our group have sold out, as well. I'm also aware of at least one other group of 50+ Miami alumni that bought in a block. That's not even counting the tickets in the official Miami section and I'm sure there are several other unofficial blocks and smaller groups that have been purchased independently. Regardless of overall turnout, there should be a very solid Miami contingent.

Comment

Working...
                                X