X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part 1: Pocket Protectors and Hockey Sticks

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    The only trouble with this in the long term is that the ECAC limits the number of people that are allowed to travel during league games. To get as many skaters as possible, schools will only bring 2 goaltenders. There's no limit on the non-cons (aside from budget), though.
    I have never heard this before.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Scott Diebold, your ECAC goaltender of the week.

Comment

Thanks to babo for putting together the tailgate-it was so much fun, and I really enjoyed meeting some of you and talking to some player parents!

Cautiously optimistic about this team...I liked what I saw this past weekend. I think we're really playing as a team, and hopefully this early road trip will only solidify that. Diebold was fantastic on Friday, and definitely robbed Ferris of a few goals. I thought Bryce played very well on Saturday-I agree that he makes me nervous sometimes, and I usually end up yelling at him about staying on the blue ice more than once in a game. But I think he's gotten better about his puck handling decisions, only leaving the crease when he had time to make the play. He had a really nice poke check that was terrifying at the time, but in retrospect probably his best option, and it worked. He's gotten better about not being so rattled when he lets in goals (at least in the small sample of the 4 periods we've seen). I'll be interested to see who's in net this weekend, and also on the ice-I'd like to see Fulton and Bokenfohr and get an idea of how they play, but I think unless one of the guys gets hurt or plays himself out of the lineup in a game or practice, I don't think Coach will shake up the lines too much.

Let's go RED!

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
          Scott Diebold, your ECAC goaltender of the week.
          ....with JL honorable mention as POW & Chris Bradley as ROW. http://www.ecachockey.com/men/2012-1...rds_101612.pdf
          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

The only trouble with this in the long term is that the ECAC limits the number of people that are allowed to travel during league games. To get as many skaters as possible, schools will only bring 2 goaltenders. There's no limit on the non-cons (aside from budget), though.
            I don't think there is a limit as to who can travel, I think the limit is on who dresses (i.e. number of players on the bench). But I'll stand corrected if I have wrong.
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
              If I were the coach.... I would put a rotation in place where the keeper that plays better on a given weekend gets a start the next weekend. The keeper that didn't play the previous week gets the other one. The 3rd is the primary backup. Therefore, I'd go with Kasdorf with Merriam as the back-up in game one. Then Diebold with Merriam as the backup in game two.
              Interesting idea. it won't work during league play on the road where teams are limited to how many players they can take along on a weekend and usually only take two goalies.

Edit: As FD08 wrote.

Edit: Wicked, I think it's a league rule.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                I don't think there is a limit as to who can travel, I think the limit is on who dresses (i.e. number of players on the bench). But I'll stand corrected if I have wrong.
                I thought I saw it on here a couple years ago, obviously evidence has been purged. I know you're only allowed to dress 18 skaters, but thought there was some reason other than general cost as to why visiting ECAC teams would only put 2 goalies on the line sheet, while home teams would put 3 (at least that's what we have done in years past based upon our line sheets).

Comment

I thought I saw it on here a couple years ago, obviously evidence has been purged. I know you're only allowed to dress 18 skaters, but thought there was some reason other than general cost as to why visiting ECAC teams would only put 2 goalies on the line sheet, while home teams would put 3 (at least that's what we have done in years past based upon our line sheets).
                  Locker room space and funding for hotel/meals.

Comment

Locker room space and funding for hotel/meals.
                    Then why do we carry 3 for non-conference games where we travel?

Comment

Then why do we carry 3 for non-conference games where we travel?
                      Margins are usually different on a lot of non-conference games, especially those involving flights.

I can't believe I'm actually having this conversation.

Comment

While checking if the ECAC has rule book on line, I found that Scott Diebold was named GotW. http://static.psbin.com/3/m/giwii97f...rds_101612.pdf Laliberte was nominated for PotW and Bradley for RotW.

Of course there is no rule book.
                        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 10-16-2012, 11:15 AM.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I can't believe I'm actually having this conversation.
                          This seems more appropriate than much we have discussed over the years.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            While checking if the ECAC has rule book on line, I found that Scott Diebold was named GotW. http://static.psbin.com/3/m/giwii97f...rds_101612.pdf Laliberte was nominated for PotW and Bradley for RotW.

Of course there is no rule book.
                            We were looking for the rule book when Coach got suspended for calling Hicks out on blowing the Union game 2 years ago. Even ecac.org doesn't have complete by-laws.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              If only turk and I had already mentioned this...

Comment

We were looking for the rule book when Coach got suspended for calling Hicks out on blowing the Union game 2 years ago. Even ecac.org doesn't have complete by-laws.
                                ECAC Hockey hasn't been affiliated with the ECAC since 2004.
                                APBWiki

Comment

Working...
                                X