X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012-13 D1 Scores and Results

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    From Wikipedia:

The students adopted a shade of forest green ("Dartmouth Green") as the school's official color in 1866. Beginning in the 1920s, the Dartmouth College athletic teams were known by their unofficial nickname "the Indians," a moniker that probably originated among sports journalists. This unofficial mascot and team name was used until the early 1970s, when its use came under criticism. In the 1974, the Trustees declared the "use of the [Indian] symbol in any form to be inconsistent with present institutional and academic objectives of the College in advancing Native American education." Some alumni and students, as well as the conservative student newspaper, The Dartmouth Review, have sought to return the Indian symbol to prominence, but no team has worn the symbol on its uniform in decades. The new nickname was inspired by The Dartmouth Green in the center of campus.
    Interesting and thanks for sharing. This tidbit reminds me of the great Conan speech last year at Dartmouth where he made some humorous references to the olden day's at Dartmouth. One reference was about the "Selection of Green" as the schools color and Conan's take on it was some like this. "So how did they come up with the Color Green. Well, All other colors were taken, so Green it was. How pathetic is that". insert laughter here

Comment

• Free video feed on the Boston College site. Great feed Actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Fever View Post
        Free video feed on the Boston College site. Great feed Actually.
        I'm getting, "The selected content could not be located. Please try back later."

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
          I'm getting, "The selected content could not be located. Please try back later."
          Working well for me. UMD just scored. 1-0
          Minnesota Hockey

Comment

RIT scored first but Penn State got a PP goal to tie at the end of one. Nicole Paniccia with 10 stops to keep PSU even.
            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
              Be sure you select Thursday and not Friday's game. I did the same

Comment

• Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                Working well for me. UMD just scored. 1-0
                2-0 UMD, BC out shooting UMG 24-18 , 3:30 left in 2nd

Comment

BC has failed to cash in a number of excellent chances.
                  Minnesota Hockey

Comment

A couple of very nice saves by Black. UMD's power play still anemic.

Comment

What is Cournoyer's status for UMD? They miss her up front.

Comment

It was almost deja-vu all over again for UMD's Black in the last few minutes of the game. I wonder if that implosion vs MSU was crossing her mind after the second goal? But they held on for the 3-2 win over BC...sort of diminishing their win.

Are there not many D1 players who can lift the puck over everyone's head to get it out of their end when the situation warrants it? It seems like such a simple option when they have a second or two and a few feet of space and yet teams often struggle (unsuccessfully) to clear their zone when under pressure, as against the 6 BC skaters in the dying seconds of the game, thereby allowing the onslaught to continue.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                          What is Cournoyer's status for UMD? They miss her up front.
                          I suspect recurring issues with her back that has taken her out of games before. Definite loss of leadership and hustle when #10 is not on the ice.

That's a scary 3-2 win for the 'Dogs. Was a little to close there at the end, almost blowing ANOTHER 3-0 lead in the last half of the third. But a win is a win.

Comment

I thought it worth noting that in their weekly D1 blog, Candace and Arlan predicted that UMD would prevail over BC this evening - and they both predicted the 3-2 score! Very impressive, I must say.

http://www.uscho.com/womens-d1-blog/...-picks-oct-25/

No doubt UMD fans the world over have their fingers crossed, hoping that Candace and Arlan are both wrong in predicting an Eagles victory in tomorrow's rematch.
                            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

It was scarier still, whereas with the score already at 3-2, there was a "no-goal" that went under review. I was at the opposite end of the rink and couldn't see the puck in the scrum. I'll assume that the video offerings of BC were sufficient to properly reinforce the call on the ice, but it should be noted as to just how close BC came to tying this game.
                              Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

BC had a number of point-blank opportunities that looked like sure goals through the course of the evening, some of which didn't even result in a shot on goal. Over the final two minutes, it seemed that the Eagles were constantly outnumbering the Bulldogs two or three to one around the goaltender.

Comment

Working...
                                X