2012 Kendall Hockey Classic Thread Seawolves, Nanooks, Falcons & Griffins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Kendall Hockey Classic Thread Seawolves, Nanooks, Falcons & Griffins

Thought i would start this up since we are 7 days away.

UAA & UAF are both playing Regina this weekend in exhibition play. Be an interesting season for both squads. From what i remember about Air force last year they went toe to toe with BC before a penalty sealed it for the eagles. Looks like they've returned a very exceptional goaltender in Jason Torf.

Don't know a lot about Canisius, looks like they return they're top 4 scorers, should be a good weekend of hockey.

From what i've heard through a few sources, The Sullivan will be ready

Any UAF, Air force, or canisius fans making the trip north?

GO WOLVES
    Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Re: 2012 Kendall Hockey Classic Thread Seawolves, Nanooks, Falcons & Griffins

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
    Thought i would start this up since we are 7 days away.

UAA & UAF are both playing Regina this weekend in exhibition play. Be an interesting season for both squads. From what i remember about Air force last year they went toe to toe with BC before a penalty sealed it for the eagles. Looks like they've returned a very exceptional goaltender in Jason Torf.

Don't know a lot about Canisius, looks like they return they're top 4 scorers, should be a good weekend of hockey.

From what i've heard through a few sources, The Sullivan will be ready

Any UAF, Air force, or canisius fans making the trip north?

GO WOLVES
    Good to hear the Sully should be fixed for our first games! Thanks for the update. I think Air Force may be one of the best teams on the ice for this tourney. Hopefully UAA can win their tourney (and _airbanks tourney) like they did last season.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Is UAA doing any promotion at JBER for the Air Force games?
      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Two for one deal on tickets through KTUU:

http://ktuu.upickem.net/engine/Splas...867&groupmode=
        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
          ...........I think Air Force may be one of the best teams on the ice for this tourney.
          Air Force lost to British Columbia tonight. Maybe not?
          Alaska - My Very Big Back Yard!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Schlacker Rat View Post
            Air Force lost to British Columbia tonight. Maybe not?
            UBC also tied Denver on Saturday night...in Denver. Sounds to me like UBC has a pretty good team!

Comment

Air Force seems to be the team to beat, solid team with experience which neither Alaska team can claim. I think they have 11 of the leading scorers coming bacK. They lost two very good defensemen, so we could see some high scoring games.

Comment

Hi All,
                This year's Classic will showcase host Alaska Anchorage as the Seawolves look to claim their first title since 2006 and sixth overall.For the first four years after its rebirth in 1999, the tournament champion was based on overall win-loss record. The 2003 and 2004 Classics changed to a true tournament format, with the winners of the opening contests meeting in the championship game.

Comment

Originally posted by albabalch View Post
                  Hi All,
                  This year's Classic will showcase host Alaska Anchorage as the Seawolves look to claim their first title since 2006 and sixth overall.For the first four years after its rebirth in 1999, the tournament champion was based on overall win-loss record. The 2003 and 2004 Classics changed to a true tournament format, with the winners of the opening contests meeting in the championship game.
                  *****http://dashie.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw9022-idkheresaj.png******
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                    *****http://dashie.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw9022-idkheresaj.png******
                    I wanna know how someone gets banned from just one post?
                    Originally Posted by aparch
                    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

the tournament champion was based on overall record. The 2003 and 2004 Classics changed to a true tournament format, with the winners of the opening contests meeting in the championship game.

Kendall Locksmith

Comment

Working...
                      X