Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Western Michigan Hockey 2012-2013--can we top last year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Western Michigan Hockey 2012-2013--can we top last year?

It will be interesting to see how they rebound this weekend. Hopefully they learned something.
    B2
    It will only get better!

Comment

Originally posted by BII View Post
      It will be interesting to see how they rebound this weekend. Hopefully they learned something.
      I see gradual improvement but they are still a ways away from being CCHA ready. Promising group of freshmen.
      B2
      It will only get better!

Comment

I'm mellowing. No complaining from me after wins. Need to find the back of the net more, but the defense was back to limiting shots this weekend and St. Lawrence went and swept Maine at Maine so they might simply be a decent team this year.
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Back check View Post
          NMU has Coreau - a returning goalie that played a lot and played well
          Yup, that was a mistake on my part. Brain gas. LSSU, NMU, BG, MSU, WMU,ND and Ferris all return goaltenders. Michigan, OSU, Miami and Alaska are breaking in freshmen OR returning seniors that have had no real significant game experience.

Comment

Originally posted by BII View Post
            Unless we get lucky and draw Michigan again at the Joe.
            You're better off drawing NMU at the Joe. They never win there.

Comment

Well, definitely not this year. They get rid of the Walt Kyle Invitational 3rd Place Game.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                You're better off drawing NMU at the Joe. They never win there.
                I like our record against Michigan at the Joe
                B2
                It will only get better!

Comment

Even with nothing to say as WMU takes a bye weekend over Thanksgiving, I HAD to make some kind of comment to get this thing a little more current than Page Five of threads. Where are all the Lawson Lunatics? I worry about the Broncos' future in the Nacho if a school of this size (with so little else to follow in national-level collegiate sport) can't draw a little more local enthusiasm. Similarly, Western will enter the Nacho with one of the lower-end and older buildings for any high-caliber D1 program in the country. A complacent fan base isn't going to help change this dynamic. Anyone out there hearing the echoes of silence?

Comment

most of us don't post here.

Comment

Originally posted by ubish View Post
                      most of us don't post here.
                      Options out there for a better site from which to follow Bronco hockey from the Hinterlands? MLive Kazoo and the WMU Herald have disappointed as places to stay informed.

Comment

Originally posted by MichPieGuy View Post
                        Options out there for a better site from which to follow Bronco hockey from the Hinterlands? MLive Kazoo and the WMU Herald have disappointed as places to stay informed.
                        http://csnbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=491

Comment

Closest thing I found to an ongoing Western Michigan thread. Must not be a lot of WMU posters?

Anyway, saw this highly unsubstantiated rumor of a new arena for them. Anyone else hear talk of this? Their current arena seats about 3,600. Time to start keeping up with the NCHC...

WMU to build new hockey arena on campus

Details are still emerging, but it’s estimated the price tag will be well north of the $16 million that was rumored two weeks ago. It’s also believed construction could begin as early as 2014.

The new building will connect to Lawson Arena and be constructed along its southeast side in what is currently a parking lot the school’s marching band uses for practice. Lawson Arena will remain in use for community hockey and skating events.
                          There is an new blog post on that same site speculating on the architecht (? seems kinda early for that). It says the original rumor that had the price of $16 million is a mistake. For a new arena it would have to be as it would cost much more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by slowe View Post
                            Closest thing I found to an ongoing Western Michigan thread. Must not be a lot of WMU posters?

Anyway, saw this highly unsubstantiated rumor of a new arena for them. Anyone else hear talk of this? Their current arena seats about 3,600. Time to start keeping up with the NCHC...

WMU to build new hockey arena on campus

There is an new blog post on that same site speculating on the architecht
                            (? seems kinda early for that). It says the original rumor that had the price of $16 million is a mistake. For a new arena it would have to be as it would cost much more than that.
                            Congratulations

Comment

Looking forward to seeing you guys all the time. A little excited.
                              "My greatest achievement."
                              Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

1. Hope you get the new arena
                                2. Looking forward to playing WMU in conference
                                3. Visited the WMU Bronco board, a lot of interest there

@JeffCoxSBNation has mentioned WMU as a possible landing spot for Mike Szmatula. He is a Michigan native so it would be a lot less costly for his family if he has to sit out a year without a release from Northeastern or a favorable ruling on appeal.
                                Don't have any idea if your coach has any interest in him as a 22yr. old frosh in 2014. Or DU's coach for that matter.
                                GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X