X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS 2012-2013 - Locked, Loaded, And Ready To Roar <<<<<

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
    This is pretty rare at Ritter, where the opposing teams fans are usually few and far between. The Corner Crew does it out of habit, not out of necessity.
    The corner crew does a lot of dumb stuff out of habit...How about how they can't keep a steady tempo? the RIT cheer starts out at a reasonable pace, but speeds up significantly as it goes on.

Just a few of the many reasons why I moved myself out of the corner crew this season.
    Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
    College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
    Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
    Men's Frozen Four 2010
    Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
    Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
      The corner crew does a lot of dumb stuff out of habit...How about how they can't keep a steady tempo? the RIT cheer starts out at a reasonable pace, but speeds up significantly as it goes on.

Just a few of the many reasons why I moved myself out of the corner crew this season.
      That is the bands fault, mostly. I too considered moving out of the Corner (well, pseudo-corner) this year, but when I look across the ice at people sitting down and casually taking it in, I just can't see that being me. I like to stand and cheer and go nuts when we score. Even if the chants are dumb and the people are, usually, even more dumb, the atmosphere is what keeps me there. I just ignore the stupid things, or make snarky sarcastic comments at them, and enjoy the game.
      RIT

Comment

That is the bands fault, mostly.
        Ok, that's it, as hard as I tried to ignore the Corner Crew comments, I can't anymore. This is absolutely not the bands fault and nothing irks me more than Ritter arena's lack of tempo. I refuse to believe the only people in the arena who can keep time (the musicians) are the ones causing this to happen.

What about during Rock and Roll Pt. 2 (hey song) when the band is literally PLAYING MUSIC and keeping time and the fans can't even muster up the ability to clap along with the song and not speed up faster and faster. How people cannot hear that they are no longer on beat I will never understand. My dentist has advised me to skip the games for fear that there will be nothing left to my teeth after I am done grinding them to chiclets while cringing when people do that.

Ok, sorry, I'm done. I had to get that off my chest, just couldn't resist. It just drives me nuts to see some of the things other student sections can pull off, and RIT students, some of the best and brightest there are can't keep time with a simple 3 syllable chant.
        RIT Tiger Hockey
        Cinderella is dancing again!

Comment

Originally posted by dpm105 View Post
          Ok, that's it, as hard as I tried to ignore the Corner Crew comments, I can't anymore. This is absolutely not the bands fault and nothing irks me more than Ritter arena's lack of tempo. I refuse to believe the only people in the arena who can keep time (the musicians) are the ones causing this to happen.

What about during Rock and Roll Pt. 2 (hey song) when the band is literally PLAYING MUSIC and keeping time and the fans can't even muster up the ability to clap along with the song and not speed up faster and faster. How people cannot hear that they are no longer on beat I will never understand. My dentist has advised me to skip the games for fear that there will be nothing left to my teeth after I am done grinding them to chiclets while cringing when people do that.

Ok, sorry, I'm done. I had to get that off my chest, just couldn't resist. It just drives me nuts to see some of the things other student sections can pull off, and RIT students, some of the best and brightest there are can't keep time with a simple 3 syllable chant.
          The RIT chaunt is something that has become faster and faster every year. I swear these kids have too many energy drinks or something. See the following YouTube Clip from the best crew I was a part of back in the day and you hear how the cheer should sounds, think all the students could benefit from seeing this.

As for the cheer going after a goal, that also something that has been new in the last couple of years and I kind of like it. Lets the other team know that even though RIT just took a blow, the crew is still here and will still cheer loud no matter if RIT is winning or losing.

I also don't think you escape much dumbness outside of crew, last game I all most tossed a kid next to me who was basically laying forward on the railing all game and blocking my wife's veiw. I nicely asked him to watch his leaning and he said sorry, but still did it. I had to move over to my wife spot to see if the kid would get the hint, he did not, so I leaned and blocked his veiw the other way thinking he would get the idea, but he did not care cause he was more trying to hit on what I believe was his girlfriend next to him. Only problem with the success of the team has brought all kinds, inlcuding the so not smart with hockey, and just gernally not smart to the games. Really wonder how some of these kids got into RIT in the first place...

New Tiger for next season

Todd Skirving-LW - Sioux Falls(USHL)

6'2 175

Stats: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=93822

and Tweats: https://twitter.com/ToddSkirving

Originally posted by Sons of Vaval View Post
          I always knew RIT didn't have a strong English and writing programs. (Sorry, just had to)
          That may be the first English stab at RIT that I had nothing to do with, maybe that mean I am maturing in my old age... Nahhhhhh
          Last edited by Tom Naeger; 11-12-2012, 05:30 PM.
          Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
          The Mule
          Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by dpm105 View Post
            ... This is absolutely not the bands fault and nothing irks me more than Ritter arena's lack of tempo...
            Thank you. We have delectably tried to keep the tempo in check at times, but just get over run. (although sometimes freshman drummers can be part of the problem, but they start with 2 strikes against them already) I think it may be somewhere deep in their minds they might think you are always supposed to speed up because that is what happens to the Hey Song. but... who knows.

I prefer "pi time" w/ 3:14 left instead of "halftime"
            "I couldn't be more impressed with the student body . They had fun and had many chants but they lacked venom."

Comment

Originally posted by RITProf View Post
              The "halftime" cheer makes them look even worse!
              The Corner Crew hasn't done the "halftime" cheer in at least 2 years. So I'm not sure where you are hearing it.

As for the cheering after the other team's goal - I agree that it's more out of habit now. It was usually something - whether it was "It just doesn't matter!", or "That's alright, that's okay, you're gonna work for us someday" that was chanted. Now it's the simple "R-I-T" chant.
              2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
              2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
              2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
              2010 Frozen Four participant
              2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                The Corner Crew hasn't done the "halftime" cheer in at least 2 years. So I'm not sure where you are hearing it.
                I've heard it at least 2-3 times this year from the corner, whether or not it was officially the "corner crew", I can't say. I hope you are right that it is going the way of the dinosaur.

Originally posted by Loki View Post
                I prefer "pi time" w/ 3:14 left instead of "halftime"
                Now that's something I can subscribe to!
                -M

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                  The RIT chaunt is something that has become faster and faster every year. I swear these kids have too many energy drinks or something. See the following YouTube Clip from the best crew I was a part of back in the day and you hear how the cheer should sounds, think all the students could benefit from seeing this.

As for the cheer going after a goal, that also something that has been new in the last couple of years and I kind of like it. Lets the other team know that even though RIT just took a blow, the crew is still here and will still cheer loud no matter if RIT is winning or losing.

I also don't think you escape much dumbness outside of crew, last game I all most tossed a kid next to me who was basically laying forward on the railing all game and blocking my wife's veiw. I nicely asked him to watch his leaning and he said sorry, but still did it. I had to move over to my wife spot to see if the kid would get the hint, he did not, so I leaned and blocked his veiw the other way thinking he would get the idea, but he did not care cause he was more trying to hit on what I believe was his girlfriend next to him. Only problem with the success of the team has brought all kinds, inlcuding the so not smart with hockey, and just gernally not smart to the games. Really wonder how some of these kids got into RIT in the first place...

New Tiger for next season

Todd Skirving-LW - Sioux Falls(USHL)

6'2 175

Stats: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=93822

and Tweats: https://twitter.com/ToddSkirving

That may be the first English stab at RIT that I had nothing to do with, maybe that mean I am maturing in my old age... Nahhhhhh

My first visit to RIT resulted in an appreciation of a student fan base ,that generated enthusiasm for the team. The attempt to bait the visiting goalie

really motivated my family member to score on RIT.

I previously wrote that I appreciated their attempts, that I thought it was good natured baiting.

Looking forward to my next visit to RIT and the enthusiastic atmosphere, unlike other tomb like arenas.

Comment

Originally posted by romo View Post
                    My first visit to RIT resulted in an appreciation of a student fan base ,that generated enthusiasm for the team. The attempt to bait the visiting goalie

really motivated my family member to score on RIT.

I previously wrote that I appreciated their attempts, that I thought it was good natured baiting.

Looking forward to my next visit to RIT and the enthusiastic atmosphere, unlike other tomb like arenas.
                    These are the best kind of comments.
                    RIT

Comment

Gettin' sketchy up in hurrr!

Everyone's all worked up over the teams performance that we're now resorting to hating on the corner crew

RIT Hockey FB Group
                      Facebook.com/groups/RITtigershockey

RIT '13

Comment

Originally posted by StimulisRK View Post

Everyone's all worked up over the teams performance that we're now resorting to hating on the corner crew
                        I think I have this figured out.

"The Band" lost some seniors to graduation, etc...
                        This caused the 'Corner Crew' to lose it's tempo and direction which has a trickle down affect on the hockey team!

Fix 'The Band' and the team will go undefeated the rest of the year!

Virgil Caine is the name and I served on the Danville train

Holy Cross took 22 votes in this weeks poll (Hope that passes Sons of Vaval's muster )

Beat them twice or even take 3 points and it will go a long way towards making everybody happy again.
                        RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

[QUOTE=blazer777;5548750]

Holy Cross took 22 votes in this weeks poll (Hope that passes Sons of Vaval's muster )
                          [/QUOTE

LOL. Well played.

Comment

Originally posted by StimulisRK View Post

Well it seems people are consciously trying to back off the team. Criticism of the corner crew has been a long time coming, although it has already taken place on reddit.

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                            Beat them twice or even take 3 points and it will go a long way towards making everybody happy again.
                            This is true. Conversely if we get swept, we will likely all begin to give up hope. It doesn't get any easier with Clarkson and Air Force following HC.
                            RIT

Comment

Criticism of the corner crew has been a long time coming, although it has already taken place on reddit.
                              Reddit? I'll inform the media.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                                Reddit? I'll inform the media.

Powers &8^]
                                It was powerful enough to get Soup to quit his role as the box dude.
                                RIT

Comment

Working...
                                X