X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS 2012-2013 - Locked, Loaded, And Ready To Roar <<<<<

Originally posted by Sons of Vaval View Post
    Downstate, what was your overall impression of Army? They seem like a bit of an enigma, playing a good Maine team really tough losing 4-3, then getting housed by Penn State.
    I don't see them being significantly better than they have been. I expect they'll finish in the bottom 3 again, but will come out and surprise teams from time to time.
    RIT

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
      You don't have to be vulgar or offensive to be loud. We've been complimented all over the Div1 landscape for our fans, especially how vocal and dedicated they are on the road. I'm sorry that the 13 year old inside you is upset you can't talk like you're in middleschool anymore, but it's time to be an adult.
      I love our presence on the road. I've been to games at a few other AHA rinks where our fans out numbered and out cheered the home team. But when were at home, our student section is just an ugly cheer leading squad (ugly because none of them would look good in the skirts ) that do most of the same cheers I heard in middleschool. And when the nonstudent leader of the student section is gone there are no students there to take ownership of their own section. Now you also don't have to be overtly vulgar and offensive to have bite. A little creativity goes a long way. (and there is plenty of that on this campus, just look what happened after the bear or umbrella incidents) But... when all new things are stopped instantly, and old things are deemed "too vulgar" we are left with a couple good cheers we are really good at, and then..... noise sometimes.
      "I couldn't be more impressed with the student body . They had fun and had many chants but they lacked venom."

Comment

I don't see them being significantly better than they have been. I expect they'll finish in the bottom 3 again, but will come out and surprise teams from time to time.
        Sorry I'm a little late on the reply, been working around the yard getting ready for this weather event heading up the coast, hope all of you stay safe.

I sit near parents of the Army team (hence the ribbing when RIT does not do well), their impression of the Army team this year was positive as they felt they played well in all of their games except their first game. Last night was a big disappointment for them, they expected a close game if not a win. By the third period (down 4-0 at that time) I think the crowd just wanted Army to win the period and unfortunately that did not happen either as PSU put in another to make it 5-0. They play Holy Cross tonight, I think tonight's game will be a good measuring stick for Army to see how they will do in the Eastern pod. But Vaval was right, they are kinda hot and cold, terrible season last year but they go and beat RPI after RPI beat us. Go figure.
        RPI Engineers
        RIT Tigers
        ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
          Sorry I'm a little late on the reply, been working around the yard getting ready for this weather event heading up the coast, hope all of you stay safe.

I sit near parents of the Army team (hence the ribbing when RIT does not do well), their impression of the Army team this year was positive as they felt they played well in all of their games except their first game. Last night was a big disappointment for them, they expected a close game if not a win. By the third period (down 4-0 at that time) I think the crowd just wanted Army to win the period and unfortunately that did not happen either as PSU put in another to make it 5-0. They play Holy Cross tonight, I think tonight's game will be a good measuring stick for Army to see how they will do in the Eastern pod. But Vaval was right, they are kinda hot and cold, terrible season last year but they go and beat RPI after RPI beat us. Go figure.
          I was certainly surprised looking at the score of tonight's Army game.
          RIT

Comment

Downstate, what was your overall impression of Army? They seem like a bit of an enigma, playing a good Maine team really tough losing 4-3, then getting housed by Penn State.
            This is the worst Maine team in recent memory, believe me, and not a good yardstick.

Comment

Here's my thoughts on the Black Knights from a Penn State perspective -- disappointing.

Having seen Air Force when I was living in Colorado Springs, and having seen Navy over the years of calling Icers games against the Middies, I fully expected Army to give the Nittany Lions a solid 60 minute battle, but that didn't happen.

Andy Starczewski was invisible most of the night and looked like he was skating in cement, but Cheyne Rocha showed why he is the leader of the team (good PSU bloodlines).

Overall, the Knights couldn't match Penn State's team speed.
              Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

I was certainly surprised looking at the score of tonight's Army game.
                Winters,

Surprised me too, however I think the objective for Army this year is clear...beat the Eastern pod teams that you are supposed to beat, play the rest of the Eastern pod tough (like last night) and pull off a handful of surprises against the Western pod teams and they will be in the middle of it at the end of the year. So far so good for them, they're in first place. Now we need RIT to do the same thing plus a little more to be near the top at the end of the year so they don't have to go on the road in the playoffs, although, who knows I don't think we know yet if this team plays better on the road or at home.

SteveP, re Cheyne Rocha, I'm sure you know how many of these players across all the collegiate D I teams played with each other on other teams, in other leagues. It always amazes me how one team can handily beat another team yet when they shake hands at the end, you see a few hugs too. Cheyne is a competitor (and smart too!) As bad as Army played against PSU, they turned it around last night, give that credit to coach Riley. Most teams have a bad night (PSU-Buff State), I guess the trick for the coaches are to minimize those bad nights. PSU seems to have done that, good luck with your season.
                RPI Engineers
                RIT Tigers
                ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                  Here's my thoughts on the Black Knights from a Penn State perspective -- disappointing.

Having seen Air Force when I was living in Colorado Springs, and having seen Navy over the years of calling Icers games against the Middies, I fully expected Army to give the Nittany Lions a solid 60 minute battle, but that didn't happen.

Andy Starczewski was invisible most of the night and looked like he was skating in cement, but Cheyne Rocha showed why he is the leader of the team (good PSU bloodlines).

Overall, the Knights couldn't match Penn State's team speed.
                  Steve,

Read your link, Cheyne Rocha showed why he is the leader of the team (good PSU bloodlines)"

Now I understand what you meant...didn't know SI archived their old articles...found a new place to browse, thanks! I thought you just meant that all these players played with each other at one time or another including Cheyne...that was the case with a couple of the other PSU-Army players.
                  RPI Engineers
                  RIT Tigers
                  ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Did I miss the thread change from RIT to PSU/Army??
                    My Four Favorite teams:
                    RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
                    Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MattS View Post
                      No you didn't miss a thread change Matt, still an RIT thread here, you just happened across a sidebar between a PSU fan and an RIT fan with a little Army thrown in for good measure. It's all good. What are your thoughts about RIT -AIC this upcoming weekend Matt?
                      RPI Engineers
                      RIT Tigers
                      ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by MattS View Post
                        I think it started along the lines of Army was laughing at RITs loss to PSU, then get whopped by PSU this weekend and felt some shame.
                        RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
                          I think it started along the lines of Army was laughing at RITs loss to PSU, then get whopped by PSU this weekend and felt some shame.
                          That just about sums it up. Back on topic...,

is anything less than 4 points against AIC a disappointment?

Will Maclean get a start?
                          RPI Engineers
                          RIT Tigers
                          ARMY Black Knights

Comment

• Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                            No you didn't miss a thread change Matt, still an RIT thread here, you just happened across a sidebar between a PSU fan and an RIT fan with a little Army thrown in for good measure. It's all good. What are your thoughts about RIT -AIC this upcoming weekend Matt?
                            RIT needs to come out strong and make a statement against AIC. Period. We can all talk about what has happened and why, but the bottom line is if RIT wants to be in the NCAA's then they need to win games like this. The Michigan game gives me hope so all is not lost. However, now the team and coaching staff needs to come out roaring and play a solid and complete game. Otherwise I will be very concerned for the rest of the season.
                            My Four Favorite teams:

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

As much as many of us want him too, i am pretty sure he wont. I suspect Wilson wants to red shirt him.
                              RIT

Comment

Yes and no.
                                My Four Favorite teams:

Comment

Working...
                                X