X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS 2012-2013 - Locked, Loaded, And Ready To Roar <<<<<

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
    Which reminds me....

Can we all agree that sexual abuse scandals aren't funny and ought not be used as fodder for PSU-directed cheers this Saturday?

Powers &8^]
    I agree... but I honestly think there is no way it isn't going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Zyklon View Post
      I agree... but I honestly think there is no way it isn't going to happen.
      Well spread the word as much as you can. And if it starts up, don't encourage it.

Powers &8^]

Comment

If you guys want to spread the word more effectively I may suggest posting to reddit.com/r/collegehockey or reddit.com/r/rit
        RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
          Polls should be done away with and all of the teams put into conferences and divisions like pro sports.
          A poll is something you hang a referee from... Too Early?
          Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
          The Mule
          Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
            It will be interesting to see how RIT does against the Purps now that they finally got that monkey off their back of not beating them.
            Speaking of which I attended the Mercyhurst/Niagara on Saturday. Few observations…

Things I noticed he most was what I noticed against Ottawa was the officials letting a lot go on the interference end, but kept it pretty fair. Niagara scored both of their goals off quick kind of back door passes that were one timed into the net. Both goals were really the result of backside defenders caught napping. Both teams did great jobs in front of their own net, really nothing all night except when a weird bounce came off a face off and a Mercyhurst forward ended up all alone in front and somehow stuffed it by Chubak for the only Laker goal of the night. Chubak did make 2 big time saves.

Both teams really packed it in down low. I know it’s early so I hope that not all we see from them cause it was kind of boring. It just kind of scares me that all we are going to see is packing it down low and low scoring boring games in this league. Hope we do not. I left that game feeling about how I did when went in and that is that both these teams like RIT are just as good as Air Force. RIT has just as much talent as anyone and can defeat these team. It will come down to who plays the most consistent hockey.

Other interesting notes. Was one of the few good student sections I seen at a Niagara game not against Canisisus. Which is typical, students get in for free and show up till Basketball season starts, maybe with the NHL on lockout they will show up some more. Niagara also has removed all most every trace of their women’s hockey program which they disbanded this year. Even the women’s trophy’s and awards are no longer in the wall display case leading into the arena from the lobby. And can you believe Niagara is charging $12 to $17 a seat! I can get into a minor league baseball game here for less…
            Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
            The Mule
            Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Not RIT related but of local hockey interest, article about Naz'z new D3 team in the DnC today. I thought it was a typo when it said they currently have a 35 man roster, but I don't think it was since it was followed up by they want to get the number down to 30. Big freaking team

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...news|text|Home
              RIT Tigers
              Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
              Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
              Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cplinford View Post
                I thought it was a typo when it said they currently have a 35 man roster, but I don't think it was since it was followed up by they want to get the number down to 30. Big freaking team
                About 9% of their male student body???

If the same were true at RIT, our hockey team would have about 950 players!!!

(I will vouch for the accuracy of my math to the level required to be a presidential candidate. I also rounded like a politician.)
                -M

Comment

Which reminds me....
                  Can we all agree that sexual abuse scandals aren't funny and ought not be used as fodder for PSU-directed cheers this Saturday?
                  Powers &8^]
                  i agree totally. the trouble is that we will have a ton of fans at the game who are not as likely to listen to the crew's input on something like this.
                  i refuse to take out my keys.

ritter arena, ira wilson arena, dwyer arena, tate rink, blue cross arena, buffalo state sports arena, houston fieldhouse, times union center, ford field, messa rink

Comment

Originally posted by dutchbrowncoat View Post
                    i agree totally. the trouble is that we will have a ton of fans at the game who are not as likely to listen to the crew's input on something like this.
                    You're more likely to see some dumba** hold up a tasteless sign than hear a cheer about it.
                    RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Out of curiosity, does anyone know where we should/can park for the groundbreaking tomorrow? Seems like U-lot will either be off-limits or full.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                        You're more likely to see some dumba** hold up a tasteless sign than hear a cheer about it.
                        Well in no way a defense for the actions that are almost certain to happen, I'm sure Penn State is going to hear it everywhere they go this year. At least we're trying to be proactive about it, but it's pretty hard to police a group as, erm..outspoken as the Corner Crew.
                        RIT

Comment

article on Polisseni Center: http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...lisseni-Center
                          Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                          College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                          Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
                          Men's Frozen Four 2010
                          Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                          Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

That's underselling it a bit. It's the featured article on the front page today, and it shows some renderings we (or at least I) haven't seen before.

About those renderings, though...

*****http://cmsimg.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=A2&Date=20121018&Category=SPORTS09&ArtNo=310180046&Ref=AR&MaxW=600&Border=0******
                            *****http://cmsimg.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=A2&Date=20121018&Category=SPORTS09&ArtNo=310180046&Ref=V1&MaxW=600&Border=0******

Is it just me, or does this look a bit underwhelming? The seating seems shallow, and I'm worried about the acoustics of those rafters. On the outside, it looksl ike just another brick-and-glass RIT building; where's the attractive white entrance plaza we saw in earlier renderings?

Powers &8^]

Comment

• Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                              That's underselling it a bit. It's the featured article on the front page today, and it shows some renderings we (or at least I) haven't seen before.

*****http://cmsimg.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=A2&Date=20121018&Category=SPORTS09&ArtNo=310180046&Ref=AR&MaxW=600&Border=0******
                              *****http://cmsimg.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=A2&Date=20121018&Category=SPORTS09&ArtNo=310180046&Ref=V1&MaxW=600&Border=0******

Is it just me, or does this look a bit underwhelming? The seating seems shallow, and I'm worried about the acoustics of those rafters. On the outside, it looksl ike just another brick-and-glass RIT building; where's the attractive white entrance plaza we saw in earlier renderings?

Powers &8^]
                              If the seating is as shallow as it is in the main rink at MCC this new arena will be a disaster.
                              KBranch

Comment

Powers &8^]
                                Looking quite nice. One thing's for sure, if you're going to be playing your D-III brethren on a regular basis, I think that will be one nice place to visit, as far as drawings are concerned (although since our ECAV turned out nice, I have every confidence the construction will go just as well). The higher capacity rink is definitely needed, though, especially if you've already sold out a 10,000-seater for Penn State.

Comment

Working...
                                X