This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State 2013/2014 - Third year in Oz

Amazing but the Columbus Dipsatch already has a hockey story in the paper. You'd think the Blue Jackets were on strike or something....but of course they have to use the word collapse again - just in case I didn't remember the second half of last year.

http://buckeyextra.dispatch.com/cont...-collapse.html
    Last edited by Draighlicht; 10-11-2012, 06:35 PM.

Re: Ohio State 2013/2014 - Third year in Oz

Well it's real now season tix came in the mail. With the NHL lockout I think it's unfortunate to start off with so many road games. If it lasts maybe some CBJ only fans in town will check out the boys playing in the Schott.

What Freshman ON PAPER are expected to make the most impact? We have alot of returning players so let's do something with it!!

Comment

not to be outdone by the Dispatch,, here's a link to OSU Lantern article on the upcoming season

http://www.thelantern.com/sports/ohi...ccha-1.2916155

Comment

OK, Missing from this years roster from last years freshmen are Brendan Arniel, Ben Gallacher and Paul Kirtland. Anyone know if they left of their own accord?

Comment

Gallacher did for sure, went to play major junior IIRC. I wondered when his Dad got let go by the Jackets if Arniel would be gone since it seemed like much playing time was never going to be in his future. No clue about Kirtland.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhawk56 View Post
            Gallacher did for sure, went to play major junior IIRC. I wondered when his Dad got let go by the Jackets if Arniel would be gone since it seemed like much playing time was never going to be in his future. No clue about Kirtland.
            Gallacher is playing for Green Bay in the USHL - not major juniors for his dad's team. Playing on a team with two future buckeyes.

Have a feeling that Kirtland's departure was less than happy. Just a feeling.

Comment

Kirtland and Arniel both released from the team by the coach. We all know that they weren't the first players to be released since Osiecki took over, and they likely won't be the last.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsfan1 View Post
                Kirtland and Arniel both released from the team by the coach. We all know that they weren't the first players to be released since Osiecki took over, and they likely won't be the last.
                Well if he lets anymore go then they will likely have been recurited by Oz so he would be admitting he was wrong to bring that player to ohio state in the first place.

Comment

Since this season is about to start last year is no longer on my mind. They were picked right around what i thought they would be by the coaches. I dont think they will be as low as the Media said but we will see. The 3rd year in this system should give us better results as a whole and improvement is a must in my mind. Playing a home playoff series is also a must this year. Getting to Detroit and also the Ncaa tournament would be great for the program going into the Start of the Big Ten next year. Making the last name on that cup match the first name would be icing on the cake for me this year.
                  Last edited by klbaum1077; 10-04-2012, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                    Well if he lets anymore go then they will likely have been recurited by Oz so he would be admitting he was wrong to bring that player to ohio state in the first place.
                    Having had kids who played in collegiate sports I'd have to disagree with that assessment. All coaches in sports recruit more than they can play. Some don't live up to their potential or have other issues that don't have them return. Others who don't get the playing time they want often look for greener pastures. Markel always would bring in a goalie or two who if he was luckey got in the game for a few on his senior night as those guys were here just to give him netminders for the practice teams.
                    Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 10-04-2012, 11:21 PM.

Comment

The 3rd year in this system should give us better results as a whole and improvement is a must in my mind.
                      I said from day one with Oz, it will take a minimum of 3 years for the new coach to get his recruits in here and have the time they need to understand him and his system before we see strong consistent improvement.
                      I hope I'm not mistaken but gentlemen I see this season as one we'll remember for a long time but in a positive way.
                      This season the team as a whole in case you haven't heard have a mission with one goal in particular in mind, and that goal is as we were the first team whose name appeared on the Mason Cup we will do everything we can to make certain we're the last team to win it. A worthy endeavor to say the least.
                      Can I get a GO BUCKS for that goal?

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                        Having had kids who played in collegiate sports I'd have to disagree with that assessment. All coaches in sports recruit more than they can play. Some don't live up to their potential or have other issues that don't have them return. Others who don't get the playing time they want often look for greener pastures. Markel always would bring in a goalie or two who if he was luckey got in the game for a few on his senior night as those guys were here just to give him netminders for the practice teams.
                        The ones who leave on their own i wouldnt call it a mistake on the coaches part but if he has to ask a player to leave because he hasnt like his play then i would have to say the coach messed up somewhere along the way. He either screwed up bringing him in or he messed up coaching him along the way. Now saying all of that i dont believe many players will be leaving this program unless they do it on there own.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                          I said from day one with Oz, it will take a minimum of 3 years for the new coach to get his recruits in here and have the time they need to understand him and his system before we see strong consistent improvement.
                          I hope I'm not mistaken but gentlemen I see this season as one we'll remember for a long time but in a positive way.
                          This season the team as a whole in case you haven't heard have a mission with one goal in particular in mind, and that goal is as we were the first team whose name appeared on the Mason Cup we will do everything we can to make certain we're the last team to win it. A worthy endeavor to say the least.
                          Can I get a GO BUCKS for that goal?
                          I have the same slogan for this season match the last name with the first name on that cup. Here is to having a great season and a fun ride for us fans.

Comment

I have the same slogan for this season match the last name with the first name on that cup. Here is to having a great season and a fun ride for us fans.
                            OSU ticket & marketing told me today that they've been working hard to get more people to the games. The first regular home games against Alaska they have sold over 1000 seats to a group attending that weekends games. We nearly hit the 10,000 attendance mark last year for some of our games. With a strong team we could go beyond that.

Comment

so who here will be at the game on Sunday?

Comment

Working...
                              X