X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ohio State 2013/2014 - Third year in Oz

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
    I am one of those who pick a sweep so i hope they can prove me wrong
    Aw, come on now klbaum, right or wrong stand by your team!
    MD though a proven program did lose 7 seniors from last season so I hope that helps us to a degree even if the advantage of home ice is theirs. If OSU can take at least 1 game against a team like MD this early in the season it would show the potential that year 3 under OZ could have us playing at that higher level we've all longed for.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
      Aw, come on now klbaum, right or wrong stand by your team!
      MD though a proven program did lose 7 seniors from last season so I hope that helps us to a degree even if the advantage of home ice is theirs. If OSU can take at least 1 game against a team like MD this early in the season it would show the potential that year 3 under OZ could have us playing at that higher level we've all longed for.
      I wanted to pick a split but wasnt sure which game i was going to pick the buckeyes. I agree a win over a proven program will go along way for this team. Come on guys go get a W this weekend.

Comment

I wanted to pick a split but wasnt sure which game i was going to pick the buckeyes. I agree a win over a proven program will go along way for this team. Come on guys go get a W this weekend.
        Thats the spirit!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
          Thats the spirit!
          You know me better than that i am with this group through thick and thin and the past few years the thin out weighs the thick. This year is going to be different i can feel it.

Comment

Noticed that MDU has not swept an opening season series in a while, and they didn't play an exhibition game this year. Changed the Friday game to OSU.

Comment

I think our guys have a strong motivation after last years collapse to earn back the respect they were gaining when things were going right and if they want to be the final CCHA Champions it has to be pedal to the floor out of the gate. The only variable I think is how strong will our goaltending be?

Comment

UMD has the reputaion of playing a hard nosed style of hockey. Alot of hard checking, holding & hooking to slow down faster players. If the Buckeyes play smart hockey & stay out of the penalty box they should have a good chance of at least a split. If they can put the pucks in the net they will have a better chance at SWEEPING the series. Eh. " GO BUCKEYES GO. "
                " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

The Dispatch must be getting desperate. Here's their second story on OSU this pre-season. Sadly this means they only have two more to run before April to match last year's total

http://buckeyextra.dispatch.com/cont...p-up-game.html

This one is McCormick and Dzingel.

Comment

Really strange to see Michigan playing on the road at ohio this season and no return trip. That'll change next year.
                    ---
                    National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                    Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                    19 Conference Championships
                    10 Conference Tournament Championships
                    2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                      Really strange to see Michigan playing on the road at ohio this season and no return trip. That'll change next year.
                      Im disappointed at not being able to go up to Yost too

Comment

Wow I totally missed the title was a year ahead. I think Draighlicht can edit it.

Comment

Im disappointed at not being able to go up to Yost too
                          I don't understand why your hockey team has to play in that over-sized arena. ohio should have enough money to build their own men's hockey facility. Even when Michigan played on the road there last year it wasn't full.
                          ---
                          National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                          Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                          19 Conference Championships
                          10 Conference Tournament Championships
                          2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

I don't understand why your hockey team has to play in that over-sized arena. ohio should have enough money to build their own men's hockey facility. Even when Michigan played on the road there last year it wasn't full.
                            Tell us about it! We have been saying that for years, that we need a hockey-only facility here. Unfortunately, from what I hear, that's way down on the priority list. It's a shame. When the Schott was first built, it was thought that it would be an asset to the hockey program, but it's almost become the opposite. The atmosphere sucks when you have a few thousand people in a building that holds 17.5K for hockey.

Comment

Looks like Coach OZ is going to start out the year with 3 Captians /players from Minnesota. Carlson , Martell & Johnson. Coach is talking about rotating the Captians kinda like the NHL team Minnesota Wild does. What a honor for these 3 players to be Captians for the UMD weekend series. WHAT , no love for my Canadian players , Eh!!!

Here's a link to the video interviews. http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/all.../?media=340592
                              Last edited by THE OHIO STATE; 10-11-2012, 04:11 PM.
                              " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Of course, if Coach Oz puts a winning hockey team on the ice, the fans will come back. I still think we need a smaller arena, something that holds 8,000 - 9,000, but if Coach gets the program rebuilt, we will at least fill the lower bowl, or come close to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X