Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine 2012 - The Good, the Bad, or the Ugly??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine 2012 - The Good, the Bad, or the Ugly??

Pryor should not be on the ice. He's not good with the puck, and he's not good without it. A turnover machine, and a weak defender.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
      If someone had told me 10 years ago that Maine would one day be outscored 8-0 at home over two nights vs the 6th ranked EZAC team I'd have assumed they were on LSD. Speaking of LSD, that may not be a bad option for some of you Maine fans??
      You should be disappointed that Maine got outscored 10-1 on the weekend by anybody, so I get your frustration. But to be fair, nobody knows yet how SLU will do in the ECAC or how their season will go. Pre-season polls don't mean much. It's possible that they're a good team - they did get a split at WMU last weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        Pryor should not be on the ice. He's not good with the puck, and he's not good without it. A turnover machine, and a weak defender.
        That's an understatement. Did you see him on the 5th goal. He quit skating. he just plain quit. This team won't win 7 games this year. 1 goal against the 51st ranked defense tells you all you need to know. Disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
          That's an understatement. Did you see him on the 5th goal. He quit skating. he just plain quit. This team won't win 7 games this year. 1 goal against the 51st ranked defense tells you all you need to know. Disgusting.
          undefeated in league play

Comment

Larry just said undefeated in league play

Comment

Originally posted by TimU View Post
              You should be disappointed that Maine got outscored 10-1 on the weekend by anybody, so I get your frustration. But to be fair, nobody knows yet how SLU will do in the ECAC or how their season will go. Pre-season polls don't mean much. It's possible that they're a good team - they did get a split at WMU last weekend.
              yeah, its possible they're good and going places. and its probable that nearly every team ME plays this year will look good due to...(insert degrading comment here)

Comment

Originally posted by chripy View Post
                yeah, its possible they're good and going places. and its probable that nearly every team ME plays this year will look good due to...(insert degrading comment here)
                Like I said, be upset that Maine isn't good. But the fact that SLU was ranked 6th in pre-season polls means nothing, and their defensive ranking from last year means even less. Maine doesn't suck because they lost to an ECAC team. They suck (so far) because they're playing badly.

Comment

Like I said, be upset that Maine isn't good. But the fact that SLU was ranked 6th in pre-season polls means nothing, and their defensive ranking from last year means even less. Maine doesn't suck because they lost to an ECAC team. They suck (so far) because they're playing badly.
                  they don't suck because of this, they do suck because of that. lets keep it simple and just say....THEY SUCK! and questions abound of St. Lar due to lack of qualified competition (this weekend, anyway)

Comment

Oh, there are no questions about the Larries--Maine outshot SLU 67 to 42 on the weekend. Clearly, the Larries suck.

Comment

Originally posted by apple2k View Post
                      Oh, there are no questions about the Larries--Maine outshot SLU 67 to 42 on the weekend. Clearly, the Larries suck.
                      http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...jpg?1240934151

Comment

Originally posted by apple2k View Post
                        So Maine got a "BobF Sweep" this weekend?
                        Originally posted by reBlur
                        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Three requirements are needed to be a successful coach. Run a good practice, run your bench well, and manage your personnel. Timmy is failing at the last two. He needs to recognize who should be playing with whom and who has the momemtum and desire to be on the ice at certain times. He does have some players who are offensively gifted and need to be on the ice together, when offense is expected. Present powerplay is unacceptable and quite frankly sucks. You have three coaches on the bench. I'm sure you can get your heads together and figure out who belongs on the ice together. After all, you are the three who assembled this group. Last years group was easy to coach. Just put the first line out. This year, you coaches have to really work and earn your paychecks. This is not last years team. Flynn, Abbott, Hegarty are graduated. Mangene jumped ship. Allow this team to form it's identity. Coaches coach, Players play and Teams win. This team doesn't want to keep hearing about the past successes compared to their shortcomings. Let's move forward. Stay in the present and let the past rest. Look towards the future. Go Black Bears.

Comment

Ugly
                            The Chicago Blackhawks - your 2009-2010 Stanley Cup Champions!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chairman of the Boards View Post
                              Three requirements are needed to be a successful coach. Run a good practice, run your bench well, and manage your personnel. Timmy is failing at the last two. He needs to recognize who should be playing with whom and who has the momemtum and desire to be on the ice at certain times. He does have some players who are offensively gifted and need to be on the ice together, when offense is expected. Present powerplay is unacceptable and quite frankly sucks. You have three coaches on the bench. I'm sure you can get your heads together and figure out who belongs on the ice together. After all, you are the three who assembled this group. Last years group was easy to coach. Just put the first line out. This year, you coaches have to really work and earn your paychecks. This is not last years team. Flynn, Abbott, Hegarty are graduated. Mangene jumped ship. Allow this team to form it's identity. Coaches coach, Players play and Teams win. This team doesn't want to keep hearing about the past successes compared to their shortcomings. Let's move forward. Stay in the present and let the past rest. Look towards the future. Go Black Bears.
                              Gag me.

There is no future with your husband at the helm, Mrs. Whitehead.

Comment

hey, 10-1... guess who maine played the last time maine won 10-1?

Comment

Working...
                                X