Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine 2012 - The Good, the Bad, or the Ugly??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine 2012 - The Good, the Bad, or the Ugly??

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    Its not about whether Tim likes it or not, I could care less about his feelings. Its more about recruits and whether guys on the team bail. I think that overall Tim has done a pretty good job. Maine has been the second most successful program in hockey east and probably one of the top five in the country since he took over, thats a fact. It's pretty obvious now though that a lot of people are discontent with the program and even though we've recovered from the trainwreck teams four or five years ago we're not quite where we want to be. The issue I always had with getting rid of him awhile ago was who would replace him. Its pretty obvious to me, as it should be to the administration and everyone else, that Jim Montgomery is going to be Maine's next head coach and should be a very good one. At a minimum he would bring back a lot of support to the program. To go another year or two in some kind of holding pattern seems awful ridiculous to me. I just hope Abbott can get it done quickly once Maine's season is over this year.
    It's been in the same kind of holding pattern since Shawn and Grant's last recruits left in 2004. How many years can you give someone who is coaching a program into the tank?

Comment

The other ridiculous rule is they now charge an order processing fee even if you buy the tickets at the box office (not online) in advance.

Also charging $50 in between blue lines is utterly outrageous.

Comment

Peter Metcalf was at the game last night. Great memories.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyMa View Post
          It's been in the same kind of holding pattern since Shawn and Grant's last recruits left in 2004. How many years can you give someone who is coaching a program into the tank?
          Walsh's last recruits actually likely carried into the 2005/6 season.

Comment

For what it's worth Maine missed (i.e. wide, high, whatever) an astounding 13 shots on goal last night, 8 of which were Grade-A chances. This has been a problem for years, specifically something I noticed with Nyquist a few seasons ago. If you wonder why the scoring is as poor as it is, this gives a pretty good indication. I'm a decent hockey player myself, and I rarely have trouble with the simple task of hitting the net. How a group of D-1 hockey players can fail at that boggles my mind.

Oh, and Diamond was complete garbage last night.

Comment

Tyler, its called skill. These guys don't have it. When you're putting puck on net you're not moving fast and don't have big strong defenders in your way.

Comment

Abbott just sounded like an inept fanboy on the halftime interview of the football game. I don't have much faith in him doing right thing and canning Whitehead.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post
                  For what it's worth Maine missed (i.e. wide, high, whatever) an astounding 13 shots on goal last night, 8 of which were Grade-A chances. This has been a problem for years, specifically something I noticed with Nyquist a few seasons ago. If you wonder why the scoring is as poor as it is, this gives a pretty good indication. I'm a decent hockey player myself, and I rarely have trouble with the simple task of hitting the net. How a group of D-1 hockey players can fail at that boggles my mind.

Oh, and Diamond was complete garbage last night.
                  Please tell us more about your hockey skills.
                  National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                  Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                  Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
                  two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
                  b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

I know Tyler and his hockey skills are laughable.

Comment

Folks, do any of you know why Ouellette was not in uniform vs Army in Kansas City and St.Lawrence Friday night? Is he hurt?

Comment

Morris better play tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
                          I know Tyler and his hockey skills are laughable.
                          That's not how you spell "Datsyukian".

Comment

Peter Metcalf was at the game last night. Great memories.
                            I play against pete in my men's league on sunday night... i'll try to get him talking before the game...

Comment

Morris better play tonight.
                              I agree, lets see what he's got
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I changed my mind. Never done that Westfield State fan boy?!?
                                I'm not a "fan boy" of any team. And yes, I've changed my mind before. Just thought it was funny, that's all. No need to get your panties in a bunch, chump.

Comment

Working...
                                X