Rensselaer Engineers: Pick to Click: 2012-13 Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rensselaer Engineers: Pick to Click: 2012-13 Edition

Who's ready for a new season of Pick to Click? That's right, you are!

I'm going to change things up a little bit this season.

The top-scoring forward and defenseman from each team will be deemed ineligible. Ineligible players will still be determined by the number of hockey points that they scored (not the number of PtC points they've tallied).

But, thanks to a suggestion from ehf, everyone will be eligible until someone from RPI has scored five points. no player may be ruled ineligible until he has scored at least five points.

Pick one player per team per night that you think will score points. You can't pick the same player multiple times in a single weekend.

If you ever run into a situation where you need to change your picks, please make a new post with the changes you would like to make.

If you want to make a change in the middle of the weekend (or at the beginning of a game, before anybody has scored) because of an injury that happened the day before and/or was not widely known, always "err" on the side of being able to change your pick. Every case will be dealt with on an individual basis, but I will try and apply a consistent standard.

Point breakdown by position:
    Forwards:
    Goal - 2 points
    Assist - 1 point

Defensemen:
    Goal - 3 points
    Assist - 2 points

Goalie:
    Goal - 10 points
    Assist - 4 points
    Win - 2 points
    Complete Game Shutout - 3 points

The designation for whether a player is regarded as a forward or defenseman will be made on a game-by-game basis based upon the line chart on college hockey stats.

As an extra incentive, the poster(s) that score the most points on that week's set of games will receive a bonus point.

I will do my best to provide the scores on Sunday, along with the rosters and restrictions for the upcoming week.

If you can't post your choices here on USCHO, email me (my gmail account name matches my USCHO account name), text me (if you happen to have my number), IM me (if I'm online), or facebook message me (if you know my name).
    Link to the roster and restrictions for the upcoming weekend (Week 18 - Brown (ECAC Quarters))
    Link to the scores from the most recent weekend (Week 17 - Clarkson, St. Lawrence)
    Link to the spreadsheet with the PtC standings
    Last edited by burgie12; 03-11-2013, 10:05 AM. Reason: getting ready for Wk 18
    Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Re: Rensselaer Engineers: Pick to Click: 2012-13 Edition

Burgie, I appreciate the credit, but I did not make any suggestions regarding pick to click.
    That said, I do like to play along.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

Comment

Link back to the title post with details on scoring

RPI hosts the Acadia University Axemen in an exhibition to kick off the PtC season. Exhibitions for the RPI hockey team will be regarded as PtC exhibitions as well.

I don't know a whole lot about Acadia, so I'm going to decline to give a witty statement here. Last season, the Engineers thoroughly shellacked the Axemen, 7-0.

You may not choose the following players for this game:
      Everyone can play!

Statistics / Rosters:
      Rensselaer: 11-12 Statistics | 12-13 Roster
      Acadia: 11-12 Statistics | 12-13 Roster (link may be broken) Potential alternate link
      Last edited by burgie12; 09-29-2012, 01:27 PM.
      Go Red!!

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Thanks for doing this again, burgie. I had forgotten all about it.

Unless burgie has changed the rules, which is doubtful, this is also open to non-RPI fans.

RPI: Ryan Haggerty
        Acadia: Andrew Clark
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
          I'm going to go ahead and get a head start on next year by making my first pick now:

Saturday, October 6
          RPI ENGINEERS: C.J. LEE
          And I'll add...
          Acadia: Andrew Clark
          RPI Pep Band
          GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
          🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
          2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
          2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

RPI: Jacob Laliberte
            Acadia: Jesse Macintyre
            Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Yeah! Click to Pick is back!

RPI: Ryan Haggerty
              Axeman: Liam Heelis

On an unrelated subject: My Pios will be playing their exhibition game on the road instead of home at Magness Arena. I think the hot air released during the quadrennial debate Wednesday night will be so thick the ice making equipment could only be counted on for mush/slush.
              GO DU !!!

Comment

RPI: Brock Higgs
                Acadia: Chris Owens

Comment

Is this for money? Kind of like a weekly football pool? If so sign me up and where do I send my check?

Comment

Originally posted by Stay@homeDad View Post
                    Is this for money? Kind of like a weekly football pool? If so sign me up and where do I send my check?
                    No money just the accolades of your fellow fans. I doubt that USCHO would permit if there was money involved.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Send your cheque to me.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                        Burgie, I appreciate the credit, but I did not make any suggestions regarding pick to click.
                        That said, I do like to play along.
                        ehf, I stole your idea from last year's thread:
                        Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                        JMO, but I don't believe that anyone should be ineligible until ECAC games start. Having five players ineligible because of so many ties at such low numbers is insignificant.
                        Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        Unless burgie has changed the rules, which is doubtful, this is also open to non-RPI fans.
                        Of course it is! The more the merrier!
                        The grand prize is as many pennies as you can carry (up to 5) to be paid by me at a date of my choosing.
                        Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        No money just the accolades of your fellow fans. I doubt that USCHO would permit if there was money involved.
                        NMU used to give the winner The McFlurry Cup. I was never fortunate enough to win it.
                        Go Red!!

Comment

Bailen/Owens

Anyone notice how many high number sweaters are on this team...from #44 on to 90- something...

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                            ehf, I stole your idea from last year's thread:

Of course it is! The more the merrier!

The grand prize is as many pennies as you can carry (up to 5) to be paid by me at a date of my choosing.

NMU used to give the winner The McFlurry Cup. I was never fortunate enough to win it.
                            In that case, thanks. The older I get, the more I forget.
                            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                            Benjamin Franklin
                            Gary Player

Comment

RPI-Schroeder
                              Acadia-Gibbons
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              Gary Player

Comment

Working...
                              X