ArtMan: Red hot fashion designers to look out for

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ArtMan: Red hot fashion designers to look out for

Thought I’d wear two hats at once today, my arts consultant one and my fashion designer hat (as I am one half of designer duo Vin and Omi).

The lines between art and fashion are so blurred now the two are becoming the same. So as another London Fashion Week kicks off, let’s look at the new wave of wearable art and three new artist designers leading the way to spark up the UK fashion scene.

Grace Lepard
    Grace Lepard is a fresh graduate from St Martin’s College majoring in jewellery design. Lepard has moved the ancient art of leather decoration on in her own style. Working mainly with images of birds, this how she describes her work in her words: “Birds - they are constantly moving or flying which makes it difficult for us to fully observe and appreciate their magnificent forms. The aim of my work is to capture and preserve the movement of their powerful yet fragile structures and their plumage by drawing and illustrating them directly onto leather.

“I hope the finished pieces not only highlight the appeal of birds and their intricate compositions, but are also inspirational in making the wearer feel uplifted and special by giving them a sense of individuality.”

Lepard’s sketch books reveal Darwin-esque detail, observing and interpreting each feather and personality of her chosen bird. Her work transferred to leather clings to the skin like bird tattoos.

Snapback Caps
    Monster Caps
    Monster energy Caps
Working...
X