X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell '12/'13 Season Thread

Originally posted by gochiefs View Post
    If you dont feel like printing, the LowellFive has some vouchers in the lobbies.
    UML 2007 B.S. Meteorology, 2012 M.S. Meteorology

2013 Hockey East Tournament Champions.
    2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions.
    2017 Hockey East Tournament Champions.

http://storm.uml.edu
    https://twitter.com/umlweatherman

Comment

The game at Maine on Super Bowl Sunday has been moved to 2:00 pm. That's a lot better than 7:00 pm but I still wonder how many people will show up.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1
        The game at Maine on Super Bowl Sunday has been moved to 2:00 pm. That's a lot better than 7:00 pm but I still wonder how many people will show up.
        Is it me, or does Lowell always seem to play at Maine on Superbowl Sunday? Why Hockey East even schedules games on this day still baffles me.

Comment

I think ULowell is overshadowed by MIT and Harvard and all. I think it's an excellent school, from talking to co-workers and people whose children are going there. It's especially terrific for engineering and would probably be more nationally known except for the presence of MIT in Cambridge.

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
            Is it me, or does Lowell always seem to play at Maine on Superbowl Sunday? Why Hockey East even schedules games on this day still baffles me.
            Stating the obvious- they are stoopid.

Comment

This is the 1st time Lowell has ever played Maine on Super Bowl Sunday, home or away.
              Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
              "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

This game on Thursday is pretty important, if you're still hoping for Lowell to have a shot at home ice. PC is currently 5 points up, having played one extra game. A Lowell win would put them just 3 points back and have the tie-breaker advantage over PC. A loss puts PC 7 up, and that's a tough mountain to climb (even with one game in hand for Lowell).
                Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Lowell played at Vermont in 2008 on Super Bowl Sunday. They may have been the only time they have played on that day.
                  What did you say?
                  Who own the Chiefs?
                  What did he say?
                  Owns! Owns!

Comment

• Originally posted by mort1983 View Post
                    I think ULowell is overshadowed by MIT and Harvard and all. I think it's an excellent school, from talking to co-workers and people whose children are going there. It's especially terrific for engineering and would probably be more nationally known except for the presence of MIT in Cambridge.
                    I can add more than a handful of schools on top of that. To think MIT and Harvard is what is keeping us from being recognized appears silly to me. Might as well say that WPI and Holy Cross also overshadow us. Fact is, being a UMass and not Amherst keeps our stature down.

As for us... I owe nothing and I work on big ideas for the government (maybe somewhat of an overstate)... Your mileage may vary.
                    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                    Skating Friar Jersey
                    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                      This game on Thursday is pretty important, if you're still hoping for Lowell to have a shot at home ice. PC is currently 5 points up, having played one extra game. A Lowell win would put them just 3 points back and have the tie-breaker advantage over PC. A loss puts PC 7 up, and that's a tough mountain to climb (even with one game in hand for Lowell).
                      Agree, it's a big game if the Hawks hope to keep pace with PC. It wil be interesting to see how this game plays out. PC really shut the Hawks down in that playoff series last year. Hopefully Norm has a plan to prevent that from happening again. Both teams also have a very tough game on Saturday night (UML @ BU, PC @ UNH), so taking points on Thursday will be huge.

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                        Fact is, being a UMass and not Amherst keeps our stature down.
                        not for long the way things are moving over there with Meehan...........Let me put it this way from a parent. I like having my daughter at UML and I wouldn't be as happy if she was at Amherst

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                          not for long the way things are moving over there with Meehan...........Let me put it this way from a parent. I like having my daughter at UML and I wouldn't be as happy if she was at Amherst
                          Thanks for the kind words about UML. A friend of mine told me his son applied to UML, and UML only, because he wanted to major in Plastics Engineering. The School has come a long way since I was there and that is because of Marty. Lets get back to Hockey talk!

Lowell needs to win this game if they want any hope of grabbing home ice in the playoffs. As others have said Providence shut Lowell down last season so Norm and the boys need a new plan.
                          Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
                            Thanks for the kind words about UML. A friend of mine told me his son applied to UML, and UML only, because he wanted to major in Plastics Engineering. The School has come a long way since I was there and that is because of Marty. Lets get back to Hockey talk!

Lowell needs to win this game if they want any hope of grabbing home ice in the playoffs. As others have said Providence shut Lowell down last season so Norm and the boys need a new plan.
                            Shut them down? Not really. They played six games and split 3-3:

PC's wins: 1-0, 5-3, 1-0
                            Lowell's wins: 5-1, 4-2, 3-2 (OT)

Providence plays Lowell tough, and last season they won the weekend that mattered the most.

That being said, it's time to call it like it is; If Lowell doesn't come out guns blazing while playing at home on national TV after 4 straight road games then something is fundamentally flawed with this team. They're 4-4-1 at home this season, and 2-4-1 at home in Hockey East. That's pathetic, I don't care who they've played. The cards are on the table for a great crowd at the Tsongas, except every time they've gotten a good crowd this year at home they've puked all over themselves.

PC is also coming off of a two game sweep weekend. Both teams will be tired. Both teams need these points to keep momentum going. No room for excuses on Thursday. I don't care if they play the games of their collective lives, if they lose two more HE points at home they're finished.
                            Lowell Forever
                            Forever Lowell

Comment

Quote from Bobby Robins after his fight in the B's/Prov B's scrimmage tonight... "I wanted to go in and play it like a normal hockey game and do what I do," Robbins said. "It's no secret I like to keep the game simple, try to make good plays and agitate when I can and just play hard-nosed hockey. I wasn't going to change that for today. That's what was expected for today's game and I wanted to do that.

"At the end of the day, this game was for the Boston Bruins to prepare for the weekend. But for guys like me and guys on Providence, it's like one last little push to make an impression. They've been watching us for three months now and impressions have been made, but I think this was a way to solidify that for all of us. I think a lot of guys stepped up tonight and did that."

Comment

A little bit of bad news for PC prior to tomorrow...
                                Mark Divver
                                ‏@MarkDivver
                                PC junior D Kevin Hart (knee) will be out for a while. Logs big minutes for Friars on top pair with Myles Harvey and first PP unit
                                I won't go as far as the UVM fan that said that not sweeping Lowell would be inexcusable for his team, but this is a pretty vital game for Lowell.
                                Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                                2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                                2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                                2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Working...
                                X