X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell '12/'13 Season Thread

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    Tie, tie, tie!
    After tonight Lowell will have three games at hand on Vermont.

Hawks with an early 3-0 lead (Ruhwedel (SH), Thompson & Wilson). 7 minutes to go in the 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
      After tonight Lowell will have three games at hand on Vermont.

Hawks with an early 3-0 lead (Ruhwedel (SH), Thompson & Wilson). 7 minutes to go in the 1st.
      4-0 after two. Our captain made a showing, a goal just 17 seconds into the second. Strangely, Lowell has been outshot 14-13. 0-2 on the power play, and 3-3 on the kill. His first goal since the hat trick at UMass on Nov 18th.

MC beating UVM 2-0 right now. A UVM loss, and Lowell is 3 points behind with 3 games in hand, which makes next weekend just huge.
      Last edited by UMLFan; 01-05-2013, 07:37 PM.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

6-2 win, 5th in a row.
        Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Huge win. 5 in a row with a great showing of our offense. Lets keep this rolling in Vermont and get a sweep for my birthday

Comment

Going 5-1 in OOC play is promising... but now the real hockey starts, and Lowell has some work to do to erase the ugly first half.

Comment

Lowell goes into the second half with 17 league games left, and in the last playoff position. They're 2 points behind UMass (with a game in hand, and the current tie-breaker), Merrimack with a win tonight would be at 11 points (4 ahead of us, with the same number of games played), UVM I mentioned earlier, and PC is 5 points up having played one extra game. That's what's needed to be made up for the last home-ice spot.
              Monty

Comment

UML up to 13th in PairWise

Comment

Lowell goes into the second half with 17 league games left, and in the last playoff position. They're 2 points behind UMass (with a game in hand, and the current tie-breaker), Merrimack with a win tonight would be at 11 points (4 ahead of us, with the same number of games played), UVM I mentioned earlier, and PC is 5 points up having played one extra game. That's what's needed to be made up for the last home-ice spot.
                  Good news (potentially) is that Lowell has yet to play either PC or MC.

Comment

• Originally posted by RiverhawkFan978 View Post
                    UML up to 13th in PairWise
                    I must be looking at an entirely different pair wise, I'll check again but the last I saw said 21st

Edit: I was looking at chn's web app... Your mileage may vary. Still, if we're in that spot despite all else... KEEP WINNING.
                    Last edited by Patman; 01-05-2013, 09:22 PM.
                    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                    Skating Friar Jersey
                    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                      Good news (potentially) is that Lowell has yet to play either PC or MC.
                      I see no point in watching the standings... If this season is to mean anything they need to start piling up the wins.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Love the five game winning streak ... but the teams Lowell beat are a combined 21-36-8 (including their 5 losses to Lowell).

This team really needs to step up their play going forward, we're seeing signs, but I'll admit, I'm still skeptical.

Love that the penalty kill has been great recently (23 straight, 29 out of 30), but the power play going 1-11 this weekend against a team that was giving up goals 24% of the time... not good. Lowell's currently at 13% success rate (in all games).
                        Monty

Comment

• Im feeling much more confident after the break abour this team. I admit theirs places for them to improve apon, including consistency in scoring and the power play. If we can keep this up i feel we have a chance in the HE playoffs as long as we avoid BC and UNH. Those are the only teams that scare me vs UML

Comment

Love the five game winning streak ... but the teams Lowell beat are a combined 21-36-8 (including their 5 losses to Lowell).

This team really needs to step up their play going forward, we're seeing signs, but I'll admit, I'm still skeptical.
                            Well they took care of business against the teams they need to beat. Granted it wasn't pretty at times (Bentley) but they got the W. As you mentioned next weekend is huge for Lowell. They need to keep the momentum going and start the climb in the HE standings. UVM has been playing better so it should be a hard fought series.

A lot of different faces in the lineup this weekend. Any injuries to report or was Norm trying to give some guys some ice time? I don't believe Furlong or Buco played this weekend. Wallin sat last night after having what seemed to be a solid game Friday night.

Keep winning and the pairwise will take care of itself.

Comment

Well ... a five-game winning streak definitely helps get the attention back.

BTW, something I hadn't realized ... Lowell is one of only four HE teams that are above .500 overall. Weird.

Hockey East ‏@hockey_east
                              MEN: UMass-Lowell is this week's Hockey East Team of the Week. The River Hawks went 2-0 on the weekend to sweep Clarkson
                              Lowell also climbed to 4th in the CHN HE rankings (but I can't seem to find the link all of a sudden).
                              Monty

Comment

Well ... a five-game winning streak definitely helps get the attention back.

BTW, something I hadn't realized ... Lowell is one of only four HE teams that are above .500 overall. Weird.

Lowell also climbed to 4th in the CHN HE rankings (but I can't seem to find the link all of a sudden).
                                More to the point... keep winning.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Working...
                                X