X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell '12/'13 Season Thread

Originally posted by Patman View Post
    I still want to know what the hell was up with the whole "NBC Sports" thing. Who made that up? What happened?
    Hi! Harvard guy here. As to the commercial timeouts, I was talking to an ECAC official who said the game was being taped for a Derry, NH station but on tape delay to be broadcast later. When I asked why the timeouts, which could be edited in later he said he understood that it was a tiny station that did not have the proper editing equipment.

I found the delays annoying and glad to hear others were annoyed. I thought I was just turning into a grumpy old guy.

The Riverhawks looked quite good to me and Harvard was missing passes they should have made. Harvard juggled the roster recently as they lost 4 players, apparently due to the GOV 1310 problem, but I think the Riverhawks would still have won even if all 4 were playing.

Comment

Originally posted by jrobes01 View Post
      That would be awesome.
      Have you seen what happens if schools go DI? Punishment of 5 yrs without post season tournament play for all the sports who are moving up. (I think there is one bye for a woman's sport.) Talk about killing all recruiting for a few yrs. If you are any good why do you want to go to a place where you can't go to post season? If it happens it will be good for the school in about 4 yrs but talk about screwing the kids that are already there....

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
        I'd been told this two weeks ago, and had a pretty interesting conversation about it. I thought that they'd push it off, but was told that Meehan really wants to get this done, and they think they can do it.
        Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
        Have you seen what happens if schools go DI? Punishment of 5 yrs without post season tournament play for all the sports who are moving up. (I think there is one bye for a woman's sport.) Talk about killing all recruiting for a few yrs. If you are any good why do you want to go to a place where you can't go to post season? If it happens it will be good for the school in about 4 yrs but talk about screwing the kids that are already there....
        I had never heard of this?
        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
          Hi! Harvard guy here. As to the commercial timeouts, I was talking to an ECAC official who said the game was being taped for a Derry, NH station but on tape delay to be broadcast later. When I asked why the timeouts, which could be edited in later he said he understood that it was a tiny station that did not have the proper editing equipment.

I found the delays annoying and glad to hear others were annoyed. I thought I was just turning into a grumpy old guy.

The Riverhawks looked quite good to me and Harvard was missing passes they should have made. Harvard juggled the roster recently as they lost 4 players, apparently due to the GOV 1310 problem, but I think the Riverhawks would still have won even if all 4 were playing.
          First, thanks for the kind words about Lowell.

Secondly, thanks for the explanation. Makes some sense at least, better than the "practice" one thrown out earlier.
          Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Apparently there was a big push to go DI yrs ago and lots of schools were thinking about it. If you are DI you get a share of revenue. Lots of DI means lots of sharing the revenue. They put these rules in place to discourage a flood of schools going forward.

If it goes thru it would take UML completely out of the running for kids that are graduating in the next few yrs that want to compete on a national level and also would put the kids there at a level that they might not have wanted to compete at. A kid who might shine at DII might be insignificant at DI level. If Lil wanted to go there he would graduate before they could compete at the national level

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
              I'd been told this two weeks ago, and had a pretty interesting conversation about it. I thought that they'd push it off, but was told that Meehan really wants to get this done, and they think they can do it.
              I had never heard of this?
              Won't be the last.... It's true... Sorta... But if North Dakota State can do it with current decent success in mbb, wbb, and football I see no reason to see it as a nightmare
              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
              Skating Friar Jersey
              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Eiserman will play for the Chicago Steel. I wish him the best in the future.
                Monty

Comment

Will Amlong see more time now?

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                    First, thanks for the kind words about Lowell.

Secondly, thanks for the explanation. Makes some sense at least, better than the "practice" one thrown out earlier.
                    The practice was per the Harvard employee working between goal review computer and also applied to a women's game. WBIN IS broadcasting the Harvard game vs. Northeastern. They are not broadcasting your game.

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                    HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                    HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by mwade View Post
                      The practice was per the Harvard employee working between goal review computer and also applied to a women's game. WBIN IS broadcasting the Harvard game vs. Northeastern. They are not broadcasting your game.
                      Sorry Melissa, that wasn't meant at you. I just thought that the "practice" thing made no sense in the first place.
                      Monty

Comment

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
                        Will Amlong see more time now?
                        Eiserman wasn't seeing the ice at all this year anyways, so this shouldn't effect Amlong's playing time.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                          Umm ... we're talking about Harvard.
                          Ummmmm... it was 2am. I don't think I can held accountable for things said at 2am...

Comment

From today's Globe. Hockey East midseason report card. Lowell given a C minus.

Comment

Whoo! 2 Votes!

Originally posted by USCHO Poll
                              [stuff stuff stuff stuff stuff...] Massachusetts-Lowell 2
                              Two more than last week!

Comment

Happy Holidays from the River Hawks.

Online auction.

Comment

Working...
                                X