This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    Boston Beerworks or the Brewery? You guys forgot to mention there are two bars at the same address
    I am at the Beerworks having dinner before the game.
    It's Beerworks. The Brewery is upstairs and is not affiliated and it sucks balls.

Comment

• Originally posted by UML View Post
      It's Beerworks. The Brewery is upstairs and is not affiliated and it sucks balls.
      Good to hear...so, anyone want two $5 coupons for the Brewery?

Comment

• Stu is listed as second line Center. Beattie is first line, centering Leen and Diamond. Looks like Sully gets the start vs Lowell's Hellebuyck.

Comment

• Re: UMass Lowell '12/'13 Season Thread

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
          Stu is listed as second line Center. Beattie is first line, centering Leen and Diamond. Looks like Sully gets the start vs Lowell's Hellebuyck.
          Tried to find you last night... will be at Beerworks at the bar again tonight, red Lowell sweater and red Lowell hat.
          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
            Tried to find you last night... will be at Beerworks at the bar again tonight, red Lowell sweater and red Lowell hat.
            I just got to the Beerworks. In the dining room watching three college football games and about to get some nachos. I am just inside the dining room entrance wearing a white dress shirt and a FF hat. Yes, I pregame in a dress shirt And I don't drink alcohol.

I am such a geek.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
              I just got to the Beerworks. In the dining room watching three college football games and about to get some nachos. I am just inside the dining room entrance wearing a white dress shirt and a FF hat. Yes, I pregame in a dress shirt And I don't drink alcohol.

I am such a geek.
              We just walked in the door from the meet. Pregame activities sadly will be delayed. I will text.

Comment

This team is awful.
                Lowell Forever
                Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                  This team is awful.
                  No, just schizophrenic. Or possibly has MPD (multiple personality disorder) with rapid cycling. Parts of the game they were incredible other parts- not so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                    This team is awful.
                    Eh, I wouldn't go that far...

Tonight... Way too sloppy, we're too predictable, and Carr didn't have his best night (goal #1 he should had... Not sure how he lost sight on number two but its unclear how far over he could have gotten).

So far this group does not seem to have the breakdown and turnover qualities of last years team... That is being able to pester other teams into coughing things up... Seeing McGrath just seems to remind me how valuable vallorani was... That's no knock on the freshman, just an observation

The team made a lot of bad decisions tonight and did not handle Maine's pressure as well as they are able... Maybe I chalk that up to youth... But it has to stop
                    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                    Skating Friar Jersey
                    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Just so everyone is clear, Lowell has the worst PK in the nation. They can't beat a 1-9 team after two weeks off at home. Who are they going to beat? The defense keeps hanging Carr out to dry. Wetmore us showing up. But Wallin and Wilson have yet to be seen this season. Their breakout is laughable, they can't forecheck and they take stupid, stupid penalties at the worst time (see Ruhwedel and McGrath tonight).

You wouldn't know this team is a colossal disappointment listening to Bazin, he doesn't sound remotely concerned. Neither does Bob. If being 2-4-1 and losing to one of the worst teams in the country WITHOUT their best player isn't time to panic, when DO you worry?
                      Lowell Forever
                      Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                        No, just schizophrenic. Or possibly has MPD (multiple personality disorder) with rapid cycling. Parts of the game they were incredible other parts- not so much.
                        Agreed. That stretch in the 2nd period was great but other parts, not so. Need to get things straightened out fast before the season does start to slip away.

On a positive note, one of the highlights of the evening was former UML netminder Jimi St. John visiting Section 107 for a bit.
                        Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                        Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                        Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Just so everyone is clear, Lowell has the worst PK in the nation. They can't beat a 1-9 team after two weeks off at home. Who are they going to beat? The defense keeps hanging Carr out to dry. Wetmore us showing up. But Wallin and Wilson have yet to be seen this season. Their breakout is laughable, they can't forecheck and they take stupid, stupid penalties at the worst time (see Ruhwedel and McGrath tonight).

You wouldn't know this team is a colossal disappointment listening to Bazin, he doesn't sound remotely concerned. Neither does Bob. If being 2-4-1 and losing to one of the worst teams in the country WITHOUT their best player isn't time to panic, when DO you worry?
                          It must take a lot of effort to be this reactive and maintain the level of pessimism you do. Good grief man! It isn't even December yet. Waste of energy to get in a lather this early.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                            It must take a lot of effort to be this reactive and maintain the level of pessimism you do. Good grief man! It isn't even December yet. Waste of energy to get in a lather this early.
                            Considering they have just six home games after the new year, giving away points at home to bad teams (UVM and Maine) in the first half is going to kill this team.

And by all means, please give me a list of the things you've seen from this team to date that give you hope for the future. Go ahead, I'll wait.

I might be too pessimistic, but my god. Some of you act like this HORRIFIC start is no big deal. If you're not worried at this point I don't know what games you're watching.
                            Lowell Forever
                            Forever Lowell

Comment

But Wallin and Wilson have yet to be seen this season.
                              I've seen Wilson... on a milk carton.

1 goal, 0 assists, -6 this season in 7 games.
                              Originally posted by reBlur
                              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

From CHN: The Takeaway: Maine Beats Lowell, Ends Losing Streak

http://blog.collegehockeynews.com/20...n-over-lowell/

Comment

Working...
                                X