PDA

View Full Version : Osborne to retire - countdown to Husker hockey in 3, 2...

Pages : [1] 2

moose97
09-26-2012, 06:40 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/8427343/nebraska-cornhuskers-ad-tom-osborne-going-retire

New 16,000 seat arena (with ice capabilities) to open in one year:

http://www.omaha.com/article/20120817/BIGRED/708179897/1032

brassbonanza
09-26-2012, 06:47 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/8427343/nebraska-cornhuskers-ad-tom-osborne-going-retire

New 16,000 seat arena (with ice capabilities) to open in one year:

http://www.omaha.com/article/20120817/BIGRED/708179897/1032

is a UNL hockey program a realistic possibility? Probably wouldn't change much since they'd immediately join BTHC.

moose97
09-26-2012, 07:01 PM
is a UNL hockey program a realistic possibility? Probably wouldn't change much since they'd immediately join BTHC.

No idea. I recall hearing that it would never happen while Osborne was still there (of course, the same was said of Penn State and Paterno and that happened while he was still around. Money talks). They now have a rink and Osborne gone.

J.D.
09-26-2012, 08:28 PM
Why were Paterno and Osborne be against having a D1 hockey program?

Flashy Man
09-26-2012, 08:45 PM
Why were Paterno and Osborne be against having a D1 hockey program?

Paterno felt PSU should've built a hockey arena instead of a baseball stadium.

ExileOnDaytonStreet
09-27-2012, 12:07 AM
I'll believe it when I see it.

Although Nebraska has come a long way in recent years as far as supporting junior hockey and UNO. Not sure how the youth numbers reflect it, but tere might be some promise there.

giwan
09-27-2012, 01:52 PM
Nebraska kills the UNO football program because it was becoming successful and taking in-state talent away from Neb. Now people believe they will start hockey with UNO around? They would need to add a women's sport as well. Anything is possible but don't see it.

Slap Shot
09-27-2012, 05:52 PM
Nebraska kills the UNO football program because it was becoming successful and taking in-state talent away from Neb. Now people believe they will start hockey with UNO around? They would need to add a women's sport as well. Anything is possible but don't see it.

What?

MGoBlueHockey
09-28-2012, 10:45 AM
More cupcakes for Michigan to feast upon in conference and boost their wins. I'm salivating right now just thinking about it. The best part is, the more teams the B1G adds the more guaranteed wins for Michigan. :D

ScoobyDoo
09-28-2012, 10:47 AM
Paterno felt PSU should've built a hockey arena instead of a baseball stadium.

Paterno also felt it was ok to harbor a pedophile.

davyd83
09-28-2012, 10:47 AM
More cupcakes for Michigan to feast upon in conference and boost their wins. I'm salivating right now just thinking about it. The best part is, the more teams the B1G adds the more guaranteed wins for Michigan. :DAny school whose football team gets beat 41-14 has no right to call anyone a cupcake. Roll Tide!

MGoBlueHockey
09-28-2012, 10:50 AM
Any school whose football team gets beat 41-14 has no right to call anyone a cupcake. Roll Tide!

Last time I checked, this is a hockey site. Pretty sad that people have to take pride in other teams accomplishments because they can't do things on their own. Keep in mind, alabama has given up 20 points all season through 4 games. Michigan scored 14 of them. They are a bunch of freaks.

The goal here is to win the B1G Championship which is more than winnable from what I've seen.

davyd83
09-28-2012, 10:56 AM
Last time I checked, this is a hockey site. Pretty sad that people have to take pride in other teams accomplishments because they can't do things on their own. Keep in mind, alabama has given up 20 points all season through 4 games. Michigan scored 14 of them. They are a bunch of freaks.

The goal here is to win the B1G Championship which is more than winnable from what I've seen.In all seriousness, Michigan should be a regular contender along with State, Minnesota and Wisconsin. I can't figure out why Ohio State has been a contender more regularly in the CCHA. It will be interesting to see just how long it takes Penn State to become competitive, but I would say a minimum of three years.

ExileOnDaytonStreet
09-28-2012, 10:57 AM
More cupcakes for Michigan to feast upon in conference and boost their wins. I'm salivating right now just thinking about it. The best part is, the more teams the B1G adds the more guaranteed wins for Michigan. :DJust wait until you find out just how soft the CCHA has made you over the years...

MGoBlueHockey
09-28-2012, 10:58 AM
Michigan is going to dominate the conference early on. They have been the most consistent program making 22 straight NCAA Tournaments. minnesota made their first last year for the first time since 2008. wisconsin sucks but they'll be back. state is garbage and once comley's players are gone they are going to be horrible. ohio is ohio and penn state is the whipping post for at least 10 years.

MGoBlueHockey
09-28-2012, 10:59 AM
Just wait until you find out just how soft the CCHA has made you over the years...

Yeah, because it definitely showed in the Frozen Four when Michigan shut out #1 north dakota, when they creamed national champion BC in the GLI this past year.

ExileOnDaytonStreet
09-28-2012, 11:47 AM
Ha! You're going to point to a holiday tournament? Man, you are going to be fun to deal with in the coming years. Like a Michigan JDUBBS you are.

LynahFan
09-28-2012, 02:19 PM
Yeah, because it definitely showed in the Frozen Four when Michigan shut out #1 north dakota, when they creamed national champion BC in the GLI this past year....before losing to the 2nd best team in the ECAC in the NCAA first round.

First Time, Long Time
09-28-2012, 02:29 PM
...before losing to the 2nd best team in the ECAC in the NCAA first round.

They were screwed by the refs, everyone knows that.

MGoBlueHockey
09-28-2012, 03:16 PM
...before losing to the 2nd best team in the ECAC in the NCAA first round.

Watch the game. Michigan scored two goals within the first 5 minutes and the second was waved off. Complete momentum shift. That second goal would have ripped the game wide open. It is what it is, and there is no use dwelling on it. Gotta move on and focus on winning this year.