Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Osborne to retire - countdown to Husker hockey in 3, 2...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osborne to retire - countdown to Husker hockey in 3, 2...

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...e-going-retire

New 16,000 seat arena (with ice capabilities) to open in one year:

http://www.omaha.com/article/2012081...708179897/1032
    Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
    B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
    CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
    ECAC:
    HEA: UMass
    NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
    Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Re: Osborne to retire - countdown to Husker hockey in 3, 2...

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
    is a UNL hockey program a realistic possibility? Probably wouldn't change much since they'd immediately join BTHC.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
      is a UNL hockey program a realistic possibility? Probably wouldn't change much since they'd immediately join BTHC.
      No idea. I recall hearing that it would never happen while Osborne was still there (of course, the same was said of Penn State and Paterno and that happened while he was still around. Money talks). They now have a rink and Osborne gone.
      Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
      B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
      CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
      ECAC:
      HEA: UMass
      NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
      Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Why were Paterno and Osborne be against having a D1 hockey program?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Why were Paterno and Osborne be against having a D1 hockey program?
          Paterno felt PSU should've built a hockey arena instead of a baseball stadium.
          Originally posted by SCSU Euro
          What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

I'll believe it when I see it.

Although Nebraska has come a long way in recent years as far as supporting junior hockey and UNO. Not sure how the youth numbers reflect it, but tere might be some promise there.
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Nebraska kills the UNO football program because it was becoming successful and taking in-state talent away from Neb. Now people believe they will start hockey with UNO around? They would need to add a women's sport as well. Anything is possible but don't see it.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                Nebraska kills the UNO football program because it was becoming successful and taking in-state talent away from Neb. Now people believe they will start hockey with UNO around? They would need to add a women's sport as well. Anything is possible but don't see it.
                What?

Comment

More cupcakes for Michigan to feast upon in conference and boost their wins. I'm salivating right now just thinking about it. The best part is, the more teams the B1G adds the more guaranteed wins for Michigan.
                  ---
                  National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                  Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                  19 Conference Championships
                  10 Conference Tournament Championships
                  2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                    Paterno felt PSU should've built a hockey arena instead of a baseball stadium.
                    Paterno also felt it was ok to harbor a pedophile.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                      More cupcakes for Michigan to feast upon in conference and boost their wins. I'm salivating right now just thinking about it. The best part is, the more teams the B1G adds the more guaranteed wins for Michigan.
                      Any school whose football team gets beat 41-14 has no right to call anyone a cupcake. Roll Tide!
                      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                        Any school whose football team gets beat 41-14 has no right to call anyone a cupcake. Roll Tide!
                        Last time I checked, this is a hockey site. Pretty sad that people have to take pride in other teams accomplishments because they can't do things on their own. Keep in mind, alabama has given up 20 points all season through 4 games. Michigan scored 14 of them. They are a bunch of freaks.

The goal here is to win the B1G Championship which is more than winnable from what I've seen.
                        ---
                        Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                        2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Last time I checked, this is a hockey site. Pretty sad that people have to take pride in other teams accomplishments because they can't do things on their own. Keep in mind, alabama has given up 20 points all season through 4 games. Michigan scored 14 of them. They are a bunch of freaks.

The goal here is to win the B1G Championship which is more than winnable from what I've seen.
                          In all seriousness, Michigan should be a regular contender along with State, Minnesota and Wisconsin. I can't figure out why Ohio State has been a contender more regularly in the CCHA. It will be interesting to see just how long it takes Penn State to become competitive, but I would say a minimum of three years.
                          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Just wait until you find out just how soft the CCHA has made you over the years...
                            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Michigan is going to dominate the conference early on. They have been the most consistent program making 22 straight NCAA Tournaments. minnesota made their first last year for the first time since 2008. wisconsin sucks but they'll be back. state is garbage and once comley's players are gone they are going to be horrible. ohio is ohio and penn state is the whipping post for at least 10 years.
                              ---
                              2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X