PDA

View Full Version : Northeastern 2012-2013 Season Thread: A New Hope

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

northeastern
01-22-2013, 10:50 AM
Start a petition.. bring it to Matthews Arena.. the Varsity Club.. then the Doghouse.. heck any athletic event on campus.. you'll get your signatures.

Rossi, you listening?.. :)

Petition.. it'll get it done.. it'll get it started at least. My 0.02..
otherwise kids on ice are skating blind being led this way.. It's a joke.

Thiessen'sBetter
01-22-2013, 07:59 PM
For those like us that care about men's hockey first and foremost, a decision to get rid of Roby is a no brainer. Unfortunately, President A sees a men's soccer tournament win, a men's basketball undefeated conference record, good women's hockey, volleyball and field hockey teams and is ok with a bad hockey team. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Roby has convinced Auon that men's basketball is the number 1 sport at the school. Basically i get the feeling that Auon would like to win a Beanpot, but other than that he doesn't really care about the program.

steve66
01-22-2013, 10:00 PM
..he can't coach, Steve.

He is an evaluator of talent.. not a 'behind the bench..nuts & bolts' D1 Coach.. that is all. I wish the University never proclaimed there was a 'National Search'.. bs.. there never was. Just a 'inhouse' conversation between AD & someone (Madigan), from within the U..
L
Heck look at Quinnipiac.. how much 'blue chip' talent on paper do th

have? It's the coaching pal.. wake up!

Buddy, you need to wake up. Pecknold has long been conversed a great tecruiter and a weak coach.

steve66
01-22-2013, 10:03 PM
Start a petition.. bring it to Matthews Arena.. the Varsity Club.. then the Doghouse.. heck any athletic event on campus.. you'll get your signatures.

Rossi, you listening?.. :)

Petition.. it'll get it done.. it'll get it started at least. My 0.02..
otherwise kids on ice are skating blind being led this way.. It's a joke.

Start your petition, you guys are a bunch of losers. Funny thing, when you guys get your new coach and in 3 years from now after a blowout game against BC and everyone is saying new coach can't coach we'll just start the process again.

J.D.
01-22-2013, 11:00 PM
That's what happens when you don't win.

As for pecknold, they seem to always have a winning record and are having a real breakout year in the ECAC. With the recent move to ECAC and a new building, they have some real momentum.

northeastern
01-22-2013, 11:20 PM
Steve, anyone who has a different pov than you is a loser or a clown.. fine.
Anyway, cheer up.. the worst is yet to come.. maybe you or I will have a change of heart :)

PPGuru
01-22-2013, 11:31 PM
Start your petition, you guys are a bunch of losers. Funny thing, when you guys get your new coach and in 3 years from now after a blowout game against BC and everyone is saying new coach can't coach we'll just start the process again.
Steve, if I read this right, you say the next coach will fail, too, and then the process will start over again. So, you don't think there is any hope for the Hockey Program to ever succeed?

Thiessen'sBetter
01-23-2013, 02:17 AM
Buddy, you need to wake up. Pecknold has long been conversed a great tecruiter and a weak coach.

Oh, you mean the guy who's best recruit on paper last year was Josh Manson? Quinnipiac is 18-3-3 because of coaching, not because of talent. Yale, Union, Dartmouth and Harvard (before the suspensions) all have more talent on paper than QU does. The guy has also been in a coaching role for over 20 seasons now and hasn't been under .500 since they've been a D1 program. He's been a good recruiter and a better coach.

steve66
01-23-2013, 09:29 AM
Steve, if I read this right, you say the next coach will fail, too, and then the process will start over again. So, you don't think there is any hope for the Hockey Program to ever succeed?

I am hopefully, but we do have 70 years of history here. NU is never going to be BU, its just not going to happen. What I am saying is that if they fire Madigan, we will have the same exodus out the door just like Cronin. You guys think all of these recruits that are coming in are going to stay with a new regime? Kids commit to coach's, not schools. Garrett Haar admitted then when he decommitted to NU.

steve66
01-23-2013, 09:30 AM
Oh, you mean the guy who's best recruit on paper last year was Josh Manson? Quinnipiac is 18-3-3 because of coaching, not because of talent. Yale, Union, Dartmouth and Harvard (before the suspensions) all have more talent on paper than QU does. The guy has also been in a coaching role for over 20 seasons now and hasn't been under .500 since they've been a D1 program. He's been a good recruiter and a better coach.

I know all about Q, I went there.

J.D.
01-23-2013, 10:28 AM
steve, forget the recruiting part for a second. at the moment, what do you think of madigan as strictly a coach?

northeastern
01-23-2013, 10:32 AM
..What I am saying is that if they fire Madigan, we will have the same exodus out the door just like Cronin. You guys think all of these recruits that are coming in are going to stay with a new regime? Kids commit to coach's, not schools. Garrett Haar admitted then when he decommitted to NU.

..so that enough is a reason to keep him? His recruits might leave??.. sooner or later we are going to have to go through this pain.. (this should have already have happened.. sigh).

Look, i respect Madigan, just not in his current role. It is apparent to some of us (not all..including you :)).. that this was bungled by the AD once Cronin left. It was a perfect opportunity to conduct a proper 'National Search' (as they proclaimed then).. to bring someone in here to build something ..someday. Yet you have to start at some time! LaPlante was here already!

I really wish all these things you keep saying about Madigan are true. I personally have no confidence in his abilities (strictly as Coach).. having watched him for 2 seasons now. He does not motivate, he does not draw up any plays, he does not Coach, he does not adjust. We are DOA after the first period, most games. I just pray he is doing a thorough job.. learning on the job...!!! Then yes.. perhaps something might click!.. (and i pray he is as astute a recruiter, as advertised)..

..and i am not even going to argue with you over the Pecknold comparison.. there is none. Pecknold has paid his dues behind the bench.

Craig P.
01-23-2013, 11:44 AM
Side note and I know its not hockey, so its not apples to apples here but look at ND, they had Charlie Weis. Didn't take them 4 years to decide.
You're right, it didn't. It took us five years to decide. :p

Perhaps you meant the Ty-tanic? Him it only took three years to dump, partly because he preferred golfing over recruiting.

northeastern
01-23-2013, 11:49 AM
Craig, then in that case.. i feel Madigan would prefer recruiting over Coaching. (which is not a bad thing, btw).. he just seems out of place behind the bench..
You have to come to Matthews & observe..see where i am going with this.

Recruiting is a huge part of the process, i understand. Then after that.. so is Coaching..

Thiessen'sBetter
01-23-2013, 01:27 PM
What I am saying is that if they fire Madigan, we will have the same exodus out the door just like Cronin. You guys think all of these recruits that are coming in are going to stay with a new regime? Kids commit to coach's, not schools. Garrett Haar admitted then when he decommitted to NU.

Lowell and Providence we're in really bad situations with Army and MacDonald and have turned it around quickly by bringing in the right coach. Both didn't lose many recruits either. It can be done.

Nick Papagiorgio
01-23-2013, 02:29 PM
A lot of the conversation in this coaching regime is about Madigan. A lot of the prior coaching regime chatter was about Cronin, Albie, and LaPlante.

So what about Madigan's assistants? Are they up to snuff?

roma
01-23-2013, 04:28 PM
A lot of the conversation in this coaching regime is about Madigan. A lot of the prior coaching regime chatter was about Cronin, Albie, and LaPlante.

So what about Madigan's assistants? Are they up to snuff?The problem is not a coaching one. The AD is not “up to snuff”; BC had similar isssues with their AD and they solved the problem, as NU should!

steve66
01-23-2013, 08:37 PM
steve, forget the recruiting part for a second. at the moment, what do you think of madigan as strictly a coach?

This team based it's talent is exactly where I thought they would be. So I don't have anything bad to say about his coaching. I don't think there is much there to coach.

fahey4prez
01-23-2013, 10:34 PM
So what about Madigan's assistants? Are they up to snuff?

Interesting question, NP. From what I've seen, they have pretty much received a pass from NU fans. They haven't drawn the ire from anyone that I've seen.

I think the general consensus is that Keefe and Foley are young, up-and-comers that bring a good energy to the program. Keefe landed K. Roy so can't complain about him there. Special teams have improved this year and I believe Madigan leaves special team coaching responsibilities to his assistants...as well as in-game coaching and everything else...

northeastern
01-23-2013, 11:06 PM
..as well as in-game coaching and everything else...

..ha! so true.