PDA

View Full Version : B1G Hockey: The Countdown Begins

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

MGoBlueHockey
10-12-2012, 10:22 AM
The team that will make the NCAA playoffs and fail to do anything, just like always.

Says the fan of a team who just made their first tournament appearance since 2008. Congrats. Mediocrity is accepted at minny I see. :rolleyes:

bigblue_dl
10-12-2012, 10:25 AM
Says the fan of a team who just made their first tournament appearance since 2008. Congrats. Mediocrity is accepted at minny I see. :rolleyes:It wasn't accepted. They fired John Hill.

JF_Gophers
10-12-2012, 10:26 AM
Says the fan of a team who just made their first tournament appearance since 2008. Congrats. Mediocrity is accepted at minny I see. :rolleyes:Yep, they have only ever gone twice. Pretty exciting for an upstart club like ours. :rolleyes:

Gurtholfin
10-12-2012, 10:34 AM
Ha ha, Michigan home opener EPIC FAIL!

How come no one showed up to see all the renovations?

bigblue_dl
10-12-2012, 10:40 AM
How come no one showed up to see all the renovations?I think that was already answered...everyone was too busy preparing for the next football game, it was only 2 days away.

IronRangeHockey
10-12-2012, 11:33 AM
It's going to take some time, maybe alot of time for this conference to become as exciting as the WCHA is for my family. We have kids and nephews thats played for UW, UND, UM and most recently SCSU. Dating back a long way we've grown to love the matchups in the WCHA. We'll continue to go to the classic matchups in and out of the BIG 10 Conference and the NCHC Conference. Penn and Ohio State will be new venues/matchups for us. Michigan, Minnesota and Wisconsin will be good games to attend. The Mariucci Classic will also be fun as always, we've been attending those since the early 80's at the old Mooch.

Greyeagle
10-12-2012, 12:20 PM
Ha ha, Michigan home opener EPIC FAIL!

The fans got lost as they passed through the seven levels of the Candy Cane forest, through the sea of swirly twirly gum drops, on their way to the maigical arena.....

Tiggsy
10-12-2012, 01:41 PM
Only one game. I do hope everyone takes Michigan lightly though. Would be fun if they did. Especially with the team they have this year.

Don't worry. A few more blown leads against AHA teams and they totally will be taken lightly every night... with good reason.

UMICH
10-12-2012, 02:17 PM

I love the fact that we are so in your heads that you cannot help but post about us. It happens, yes it sucks but we'll live. Better for it to happen early in the season instead of later though. I, as well as every other Michigan fan that I know, thought that Michigan was greatly over-rated this year because when you start a True Freshman in Goal, who just had eye-surgery (I can't believ the guy actually played last night), along with a ton of other Freshmen, you're bound to struggle. Did I forsee this loss? No. Is it an excuse? No, it happened. Time to move on.

And oh yeeah the rink was empty last night because it was THURSDAY! Michigan almost never plays on Thursday.

MinnesotaNorthStar
10-12-2012, 04:03 PM
The fans got lost as they passed through the seven levels of the Candy Cane forest, through the sea of swirly twirly gum drops, on their way to the maigical arena.....Unfortunately, 4100 people took a wrong turn at level five and ended up at Yost.

Tiggsy
10-12-2012, 04:19 PM
I love the fact that we are so in your heads that you cannot help but post about us. It happens, yes it sucks but we'll live. Better for it to happen early in the season instead of later though. I, as well as every other Michigan fan that I know, thought that Michigan was greatly over-rated this year because when you start a True Freshman in Goal, who just had eye-surgery (I can't believ the guy actually played last night), along with a ton of other Freshmen, you're bound to struggle. Did I forsee this loss? No. Is it an excuse? No, it happened. Time to move on.

And oh yeeah the rink was empty last night because it was THURSDAY! Michigan almost never plays on Thursday.

You got us. You're in our heads and THAT is why we're posting about you. :rolleyes:

Sure sounds like an excuse when you start saying how the goalie never should have played. That has to say something when your best goalie can't see straight. Wonder if his backup plays, he will take his white cane onto the ice with him.

Sorry to interrupt. Let the excuse making continue.

Slap Shot
10-12-2012, 05:21 PM
Only one game. I do hope everyone takes Michigan lightly though. Would be fun if they did. Especially with the team they have this year.

I don't think the fans skate. http://rubechat.kfan.com/images/smilies/Drinky.gif

Greyeagle
10-12-2012, 05:25 PM
Someday they will teach the days of the week at U-Mi so its fans will know when to show up at the arena. Someday...

UMICH
10-12-2012, 07:58 PM
Someday they will teach the days of the week at U-Mi so its fans will know when to show up at the arena. Someday...

Sigh...

It was a weekday. People have work/school the next day. The Detroit Tigers were playing Game 5 of the American League Divisional series, you know baseball? We're still playing in the post-season, I think that your twinkies were eliminated somewhere around the 4th of July. We have lives, something that people in minnesota apparently do not have...

And BTW, The University of Michigan is UM, minnehaha is UMn. We get UM because we're older, we've had it longer.

In closing beeat sparty by 20. It's 4-0 after 2 periods but if you don't score 16 goals in the 3rd period you suck. See, sparty only cares when they play Big Brother.

I actually came here with a question/comment. I was under the impression that Penn State COULD NOT play any other B1G school this year? Why then are they going to play at both sparty and bucky?

altazo
10-12-2012, 08:12 PM
Sigh...

I actually came here with a question/comment. I was under the impression that Penn State COULD NOT play any other B1G school this year? Why then are they going to play at both sparty and bucky?

Obviously not the case. They're playing MSU, Wisconsin, and possibly Ohio State (at a tournament) this season.

state of hockey
10-12-2012, 08:20 PM
We have lives, something that people in minnesota apparently do not have...

Your user name is confusing. It makes one think that you are a UMi fan when you are obviously a member of the Denver faithful.

bigmrg74
10-12-2012, 09:01 PM
That's how they all are. The lower you go in quality of institution, the more bitter they are. Probably because the only sports people actually give a **** about at their school is hockey since that's all they are good at.
You do know that UND has 1 NCAA football championship and UMD has 2 NCAA football championships that were both earned outright, on the field via a playoff since 1997. You know, the year that Michigan football had to split the football championship because Tom Osbourne was retiring that season?

bigblue_dl
10-12-2012, 09:04 PM
These Michigan fan are funny. They really are out of touch with reality.

Greyeagle
10-12-2012, 10:21 PM
These Michigan fan are funny. They really are out of touch with reality.

And don't do hockey on Thursdays.

cetihcra
10-13-2012, 12:26 AM
Your user name is confusing. It makes one think that you are a UMi fan when you are obviously a member of the Denver faithful.

Please don't associate them with us, even in jest.

Thank you.
r