Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: B1G Hockey: The Countdown Begins

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
    I love gopher fans, I've never seen so many wal-mart brand shoes and stone washed levis in my life as I do every time I walk into Marycoochie. The low brow comments are so much more effective with slurred speech and stained shirts. Bless their hearts they make the trek all the way to dinkytown from Robinsdale and Brooklyn Center to take a break from meth and packs of pall malls.
    Wait, I thought you were a UND fan.....that should feel like home?
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
      The cathedral feel is back at Yost. The glass windows are back, the new aluminum stands are up and practice has just begun at the new Yost.

*****http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/252405_10152026679457316_1424146970_n.jpg******

Before the ice was put in with look at new banner placement.

*****http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/314195_10152022269417316_1681538121_n.jpg******

New ice painting featuring "Yost Ice Arena", MGoBlue.com logo and new sponsor of Flagstar Bank.

*****http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/57913_10152028049252316_705295486_n.jpg******
      What a ****ty rink.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
        What a ****ty rink.
        It just has such a metallic feel to it. Hopefully, they haven't finished everything just yet. I'll be looking forward to more pictures once this place is finished.
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
          What a ****ty rink.

Building is near a hundred years old. Used to be the home of the basketball team from 1923-1973.

*****http://www-personal.umich.edu/~gkinney/bkvideo/large/bl013067.jpg******

Not much more you can do. Most intimidating atmosphere in college hockey. No doubt, the loudest building.
          ---
          National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
          Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
          19 Conference Championships
          10 Conference Tournament Championships
          2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
            Cry ourselves to sleep every night....
            I think he meant what's going to change for you after 7 months. We already know what you do now.

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
              Not much more you can do. Most intimidating atmosphere in college hockey. No doubt, the loudest building.
              I don't know if I would go so far as to say that it is the most intimidating atmosphere in college hockey (it certainly isn't the loudest building either (at least when I was there)), but it certainly is a difficult place for the opposition to play in.
              North Dakota

Comment

Not much more you can do. Most intimidating atmosphere in the CCHA. No doubt, the loudest building.
                fyp
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

"I raised my eyebrow slightly when Michigan had to take to Groupon to move tickets for the Revenue Generating Opportunity against Bentley this year. The early season attendance woes at Michigan could be chalked up to a weird schedule against less-than-name-brand opponents. But last weekend's series against Western Michigan, a top ten ranked team, drew similar dismal numbers. Here's Yost's vaunted student section right before opening puck drop. Total attendance was listed at about 1300 below capacity for Friday night, and even that may have been generous."

Western College Hockey Blog
                  @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                  On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                  High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                    "I raised my eyebrow slightly when Michigan had to take to Groupon to move tickets for the Revenue Generating Opportunity against Bentley this year. The early season attendance woes at Michigan could be chalked up to a weird schedule against less-than-name-brand opponents. But last weekend's series against Western Michigan, a top ten ranked team, drew similar dismal numbers. Here's Yost's vaunted student section right before opening puck drop. Total attendance was listed at about 1300 below capacity for Friday night, and even that may have been generous."

Western College Hockey Blog
                    That western series last year was during the weekend of a football game. Football is priority #1 'round these parts.

Once that season ends, Yost usually is rocking. Especially since Dave Brandon is really trying now to avoid schedule conflicts by making basketball and hockey play at different times, so he can maximize attendance at both.
                    ---
                    Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                    2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

That western series last year was during the weekend of a football game. Football is priority #1 'round these parts.

Once that season ends, Yost usually is rocking. Especially since Dave Brandon is really trying now to avoid schedule conflicts by making basketball and hockey play at different times, so he can maximize attendance at both.
                      That is understandable. I am curious though as to what other arenas you have been at.
                      North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                        What are you going to do in 7 month with out the Gophers?
                        Nothing will change, except them trying to come up with better excuses to get involved with our team/threads. They will still obsess about us along with all those UMD fans. They can't rip themselves away from us. All are actually closet fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                          That is understandable. I am curious though as to what other arenas you have been at.
                          I would venture that he's been to the Joe Louis Arena, and the State Fairgrounds Coliseum for some Wayne State games back in the day.
                          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                            I would venture that he's been to the Joe Louis Arena, and the State Fairgrounds Coliseum for some Wayne State games back in the day.
                            I've been to all the CCHA arenas except alaska and the new compton center at ND. JLA, Xcel for the Frozen Four, Green Bay for the NCAA Regional, Albany for the 2008 NCAA Regional.
                            ---
                            2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

I've been to all the CCHA arenas except alaska and the new compton center at ND. JLA, Xcel for the Frozen Four, Green Bay for the NCAA Regional, Albany for the 2008 NCAA Regional.
                              I think playing the Gophers at the Xcel would be the most intimidating place to play for most teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                                Nothing will change, except them trying to come up with better excuses to get involved with our team/threads. They will still obsess about us along with all those UMD fans. They can't rip themselves away from us. All are actually closet fans.

Oh really? Go check out THEIR team threads... Pot.

BTW, Yost looks like a real sh-i-thole. The arena we just built for our women's team is nicer - by far.
                                Last edited by Gurtholfin; 10-03-2012, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X