Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: B1G Hockey: The Countdown Begins

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
    I don't think JLA had anything to do with the CCHA pushing the games back. I think it's them wanting to go out with it being the only game on TV.
    The Red Wings have a theoretical home game on Friday night, so in this, like all other things, you are wrong.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by darker98 View Post
      Wait til he finds out about the Gopher rule. The Goofs having the night game only makes you more money and I was ok with that.
      @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
      On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
      High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
        The Red Wings have a theoretical home game on Friday night, so in this, like all other things, you are wrong.
        Too bad the NHL is most likely going to not have a season due to the lockout. This one is worse than the last one, so I've heard.
        ---
        National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
        Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
        19 Conference Championships
        10 Conference Tournament Championships
        2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
          Too bad the NHL is most likely going to not have a season due to the lockout. This one is worse than the last one, so I've heard.
          Unfortunately for you, that doesn't make his point any less valid.

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
            Not the same ice size as the Mooch. Not as big of a home ice advantage as you'd think. In fact, the Gopher's record there isn't stellar.

Big Ten will host the tourney where they can make the most $$, and no conference tourney has made as much as the WCHA Final 5.
            The building is clearly going to be mostly minnesota fans. The only fans that will travel to see their team there are Michigan, wisconsin and a smaller contingent of state fans until comley's guys leave, they start taking it in the chin week in and week out and their ADept realizes they hired a conference commissioner as their head coach and cans him.

I'm excited for the conference. Rekindling the rivalry with minny and wisky is going to be off the hook. Plus it'll be fun to kick penn state's head in for 5-10 years.

I just hope more schools in the B1G start adding hockey. Would be neat.
            ---
            Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
            2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

The building is clearly going to be mostly minnesota fans. The only fans that will travel to see their team there are Michigan, wisconsin and a smaller contingent of state fans until comley's guys leave, they start taking it in the chin week in and week out and their ADept realizes they hired a conference commissioner as their head coach and cans him.

I'm excited for the conference. Rekindling the rivalry with minny and wisky is going to be off the hook. Plus it'll be fun to kick penn state's head in for 5-10 years.
              True. But like I said, it hasn't worked out to be much of an advantage to Minnesota thus far. I think the Gophers would be just as happy with a large ice sheet elsewhere.

I'm excited too. I grew up with the Minnesota vs Michigan/Michigan State rivalries.

Comment

IAnd the blueprints are already done for New Olympia Stadium.
                HKS was selected May 21st. No way plans are done in three months.
                Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                  HKS was selected May 21st. No way plans are done in three months.
                  Lets not bring facts and common sense into his little yellow and blue colored world.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                    We've got a rocket surgeon with this one, folks.
                    Well, why would you want to have your conference hockey tournament in a place that fills an 18,000+ arena for a high school hockey game?
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Lets not bring facts and common sense into his little yellow and blue colored world.
                      *Maize and Blue.

And I liked the B1G's original plan for playoffs. The regular season champion gets to host a 4 team final four. That's just another incentive to win the conference championship. Yost would freaking rocking. Yost was a raucous environment when it was hosting NCAA Regionals.
                      ---
                      2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

*Maize and Blue.

And I liked the B1G's original plan for playoffs. The regular season champion gets to host a 4 team final four. That's just another incentive to win the conference championship. Yost would freaking rocking. Yost was a raucous environment when it was hosting NCAA Regionals.
                        Why would the conference want to put a championship there when it can get 3-4x more people (and money) to attend by putting it in a NHL arena?

Or are we to believe 6600 is the max the B1G can hope to get for a championship?
                        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                          Why would the conference want to put a championship there when it can get 3-4x more people (and money) to attend by putting it in a NHL arena?

Or are we to believe 6600 is the max the B1G can hope to get for a championship?
                          He's a Michigan fan, he actually thinks that putting a sheet of ice in a dumpy old fieldhouse is as good as it gets.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            He's a Michigan fan, he actually thinks that putting a sheet of ice in a dumpy old fieldhouse is as good as it gets.
                            Go look at the new multi million dollar updates made this offseason and then come talk. Completely gutted and remodeled. Sorry Michigan doesn't throw away historic buildings in favor of new, generic looking buildings.
                            ---
                            2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Go look at the new multi million dollar updates made this offseason and then come talk. Completely gutted and remodeled. Sorry Michigan doesn't throw away historic buildings in favor of new, generic looking buildings.
                              You mean like the Joe?
                              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

We've got a rocket surgeon with this one, folks.
                                I'm sticking with paint chips...

Comment

Working...
                                X