X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Colgate 2012-13

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
    Looking forward to seeing Anthony Hamburg for RIT(left Gate) I'm doing one of the penaty boxes so I'm really able to get an on ice perspective.
    As soft a hockey player as I've ever seen. Hope the team gives him a "warm" welcome.
    Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

Any of the 'Gate faithful going to be out on Cape Cod tomorrow?
      Quinnipiac Bobcats
      2023 National Champions
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
      Northeast Regional:
      West Regional: 2015, 2021
      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Well hello there.
        RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
          That game is usually sold out. So I'm sure there will be many.
          Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
            I'll be there.
            Colgate '09

Comment

Good win tonight for the team after going down 2-0 early in the 1st period (and I mean 2:22 into the game). While the freshman continue to light the lamp, it should be noted that the Wilson-Lidgett and Bartliff-Bourdon pairs each contributed to a goal as well. Now hopefully the team won't be rusty tomorrow night after a long bus ride.
              Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                Good win tonight for the team after going down 2-0 early in the 1st period (and I mean 2:22 into the game). While the freshman continue to light the lamp, it should be noted that the Wilson-Lidgett and Bartliff-Bourdon pairs each contributed to a goal as well. Now hopefully the team won't be rusty tomorrow night after a long bus ride.
                It won't be that long of a ride. They drove and stayed in Albany last night, then will drive the rest of the way to Hyannis today.
                I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Another great performance by the offense, down by two goals two minutes in the game I thought we might be in trouble. We weren't, we have three lines this year that can really move the puck. In past years, we have had "one" bonafide scoring line and all you had to do was stop our best line with your best line. Last year it was Smith and Wagner, not the case anymore.

Did the "Sin Bin" last night and tried to get feedback from the RIT players, very carefully though as they're pretty mad when they come in the penalty box. General consensus was "we're very quick". Last weekend I sat with a Vancouver scout and he replied that we have a very good team. I haven't seen three or four lines like this in a long time here.

Defense dissappointed me at times last night, opposing forwards allowed to hang out in front of the net too much, gotta knock some people down. Could be a lot of high scoring games this year. Mihalik let in another softy last night , worried about our goaltending. All in all it was a great game to watch, Spink baun Spink continue to amaze me with their passing. Now win tonight going forward for Cornell's giants.
                  It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                    Looking forward to seeing Anthony Hamburg for RIT(left Gate) I'm doing one of the penaty boxes so I'm really able to get an on ice perspective.
                    How did Anthony Hamburg look last night, Shabby? Or didn't he play? Sounds like all is good with our team; hopefully the frosh can keep up the scoring when we get to the league games. Cornell beat CC last night, so that series is shaping up as one that will tell us a lot about our team. Gotta beat Q-pac tonite and send a message.
                    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Great win tonight !! Life is good !!!
                      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

balanced scoring...haven't had this since 2005-06...looks like a very talented frosh class, playing with maturity of upperclassmen...still a long way to go and PRAY for no major health issues since depth is an issue...nevertheless, I like our overall team speed and if goaltending stays average+ we may surprise to upside...a .500+ ECAC season -with continued improvement throughout the year - would be great...always get concerned when TheGreenCoat is optimistic, but hey...home game vs. RIT draw over 1700 I believe...

Comment

Was at the game tonight. Here are my thoughts:

The Good:
                          -We win 5-1, with 5 different players lighting the lamp. Congrats to Brendan Corcoran on his first career goal.
                          -We were very disciplined for most of the game. Qpac only had 2 power plays and we didn't allow a PPG.
                          -Mihalik was on his "A-game" tonight. The one shot that got by him was a loose puck next to the crease that he didn't see. The Qpac player that scored practically had an open net to shoot at.
                          -Surprise! Bartliff, Lidgett, Murphy, and Goulakos have each scored goals in back-to-back games. We've now got multiple scoring threats!

The Bad:
                          -Goulakos takes two penalties, including one near the end of the 2nd period after we take a 2-1 lead.
                          -Pushing and shoving at the end of the game. We don't want any DQ's for the Cornell game. According to the box score Robbie Bourdon was issued a 5-minute major for contact to the head and a game misconduct. This means he would be eligible for Friday's game but things could change.
                          -Attendance was down compared to the previous two games on Cape Cod. The looming hurricane threat could have been a factor.

Bring on Cornell! I still don't get why we're playing BOTH of our games against them THIS EARLY in the season. Yes, the ECAC block scheduling has an effect on these games, but come on...
                          Colgate '09

Comment

Box score lists Robbie Bourdon with a 10 game misconduct...whaa? Great win last night. Let's keep it up on Friday/Saturday. Ithaca State swept CC this weekend.
                            COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                              Bring on Cornell! I still don't get why we're playing BOTH of our games against them THIS EARLY in the season. Yes, the ECAC block scheduling has an effect on these games, but come on...
                              You should be glad you're getting Cornell this early, with only 2 games under our belts. If Cornell develops to its full potential (and avoids injuries), they should be monstrous down the stretch.
                              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                                How did Anthony Hamburg look last night, Shabby? Or didn't he play? Sounds like all is good with our team; hopefully the frosh can keep up the scoring when we get to the league games. Cornell beat CC last night, so that series is shaping up as one that will tell us a lot about our team. Gotta beat Q-pac tonite and send a message.
                                I agree that this home and home series should tell both teams a lot about their chances for the season. Our sophomores have come along nicely and will be the heart of the team. Iles looked good Friday. Both goals scored Saturday night were on defensive giveaways where he didn't have a chance, but defensemen also saved a couple of goals that had gotten by Iles. Our special teams look considerably improved from last year, particularly the penalty kill. Offense needs to improve as all five of our goals were PPGs.
                                . . . still crazy after all these years. . .

Comment

Working...
                                X