• Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2012-13

Tyvm
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by Magoo View Post
      You don't owe anyone an apology, Shabby. Maybe we need one of Colgate's stellar "Peace and Conflict Studies" majors to settle this thing. I guess there really is such a program at Colgate if you can believe it.
      No need to beat on one of Colgate's programs or the students that pursue it to defend another. Those programs are part of what makes Colgate unique, just like having a Division I athletics program in a school with 2,800 students.
      Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

Originally posted by still an empty net View Post
        Back to matters of importance... I think it's highly important for this team to get a win first Friday night if they want any chance at winning this series. The way they have been playing and the bad beats would only make it that much more difficult for them to rebound if they lose Friday.

Go 'gate
        That's not the Colgate way, though, we like having our backs against the wall. IF (big if) we win the series, I say it's with a loss on Friday and wins on Saturday and Sunday. Last year was an anomaly. That said, I think the Appleton demon continues to haunt us and we're done in two.

Prove me wrong, Colgate, please!
        Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

Flanagan's skating again ! Will Spiro play ??

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyenthusiast View Post
            That's not the Colgate way, though, we like having our backs against the wall. IF (big if) we win the series, I say it's with a loss on Friday and wins on Saturday and Sunday. Last year was an anomaly. That said, I think the Appleton demon continues to haunt us and we're done in two.
            Geesh...thanks a bunch for your confidence.

How dare anyone on this thread badmouth Shabby! He's the Man!
            COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

• Hey all, just checking in to see if we had a winning season and if Don "viper" Vaughan has been fired yet. Still looks like no and no. Oh well, there's always next year.

Comment

Originally posted by UHhky View Post
                Hey all, just checking in to see if we had a winning season and if Don "viper" Vaughan has been fired yet. Still looks like no and no. Oh well, there's always next year.
                Wishes for the sack are not legitimate unless a new thread is created on here.

Comment

• I'll be making a push at the next presidents club gala. No worries.

Comment

Off topic for just a bit...the comparison of the new hockey arena was made by someone on here. It does have a resemblance:

http://athletics.bowdoin.edu/informa...s/watson_arena

http://www.bowdoin.edu/sustainabilit...eed.poster.pdf
                    C O L G A T E
                    2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                    1990 NCAA FINALS
                    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                    ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                    ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Do you think the school will put in a large sheet into the new arena? it might give the team a home ice advantage since no other team in the league would play on a rink that size./
                      Last edited by red133883; 03-07-2013, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Less than 24 hours to get your picks in: http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...-Playoffs-2013
                        Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                        And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                        WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                        If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Bill...That rink does resemble the pic of our new one. Looks very nice to me, I like the lobby area.

Spiro had blood work done Wednesday, if its ok he's playing. We need him badly. The SLU students are on break so the home crowd advantage will be lessened. There should be plenty of empty seats available.

Comment

I doubt they'll go for an Olympic size ice sheet. There was a movement in this direction some time ago (UNH has one for example) but it seem to have faded. It will be interesting to see how the new rink compares to Bowdoin's. There were at one time architectural plans on the Passion for the Climb web site but they seem to have been removed. As I recall, those plans included more fan services facilities than they have at Bowdoin. The announced size of our new rink is substantially larger (97k v 68k square feet) but my guess is that much of that is in the locker-room/office/training room facilities that will be included.

On another hot topic, I had jumped off the roster size needs to increase band wagon a few years back after discovering that several top teams (including BC) had rosters the same size as Colgate. I am back on. The way the game has evolved, at least on semi-significant injury a year is to be expected - its no longer a once every few years bad luck situation. I can't find the NCAA squad size limit but looking at other teams it seems to be only two or three players larger than Colgate carries. Does anyone know the stated reason for limiting the size of the team - an additional two players could be a huge improvement for not much "expense." The only smaller team-sport squad is basketball. Soccer is essentially the same size (one extra player) while lax and football are substantially larger. I know comparing across sports isn't super valid but the treatments seem inconsistent. Anyone have an idea how this evolved?

Comment

Originally posted by Gate93 View Post
                              I doubt they'll go for an Olympic size ice sheet. There was a movement in this direction some time ago (UNH has one for example) but it seem to have faded. It will be interesting to see how the new rink compares to Bowdoin's. There were at one time architectural plans on the Passion for the Climb web site but they seem to have been removed. As I recall, those plans included more fan services facilities than they have at Bowdoin. The announced size of our new rink is substantially larger (97k v 68k square feet) but my guess is that much of that is in the locker-room/office/training room facilities that will be included.

On another hot topic, I had jumped off the roster size needs to increase band wagon a few years back after discovering that several top teams (including BC) had rosters the same size as Colgate. I am back on. The way the game has evolved, at least on semi-significant injury a year is to be expected - its no longer a once every few years bad luck situation. I can't find the NCAA squad size limit but looking at other teams it seems to be only two or three players larger than Colgate carries. Does anyone know the stated reason for limiting the size of the team - an additional two players could be a huge improvement for not much "expense." The only smaller team-sport squad is basketball. Soccer is essentially the same size (one extra player) while lax and football are substantially larger. I know comparing across sports isn't super valid but the treatments seem inconsistent. Anyone have an idea how this evolved?
                              One thing to remember is that the ECAC does limit the number of people that may travel for a league game. Perhaps this is a motivating factor as to why your squad carries what seems to be less people. They won't release the number (I've tried asking), but there is a firm limit.

Comment

If Spiro plays I think we have a great shot this weekend !!

Comment

Working...
                                X