X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2012-13

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
    True, but then they will both need to lose on Saturday. (Then again, we're playing Brown Saturday, so it's a matter of Yale beating Cornell.)
    I don't think you have to worry too much about Yale beating Cornell.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
      Austin wasn't traded...he was sent down to their farm club in the ECHL. He was up in the AHL...guess he didn't do much. He had like eighteen goals in twenty one games with the Idaho club before being sent up.
      Sorry Shabby; I stand corrected. Hope he can get another string of points going in Idaho and return to the AHL.
      COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Geesh...no sorry needed. Go Gate !!
        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Some bad news: Spiro is out for this weekend. Source: http://www.9wsyr.com/news/local/stor...mu7enLFmA.cspx

But some good news: There appears to be free live video for tonight's game vs. Yale: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXEl_dCS9RY
          Colgate '09

Comment

Tough loss... 2.5 seconds! Lose focus for 12.5 seconds in two different overtimes and we are on the road in the first round; if we get the ties in those games there would still have a chance to see them play at Starr in the first round...We are now locked into 11th or 12th place. Which probably means going to QU if we make it that far.

The play throughout the first two periods was poor (if not worse), but they played great in the third.
            Last edited by red133883; 03-01-2013, 09:09 PM.

Comment

These last 2 games -- words just can't describe them ...
              Colgate '09

Comment

Only picked up the game at the start of the third period. Went from feeling lousy....to hopeful....to very happy....to ecstatic....to bummed out.....to horrified. Why do these things keep happening to us? We knew it was going to be an up and down season, with a young team, learning on the go.....but this is insane

Comment

Also, we are in danger of finishing LAST for the 2nd time in the last 3 seasons. Also, this is the 3rd time in the last 5 seasons where we do not host a playoff series. Each of these instances, we finish the regular season at Yale and Brown. I hope the schedulers don't do this in 2014-15. Trust me, I love this team. Yeah, we're young and it wasn't going to be a banner year, but if we're building a new rink and getting serious about our program then we need to find a way to avoid constant bottom-four finishes.

Another fact: EIGHT of our twelve conference losses have been "close" losses. That is, we lose by 1 goal or we lose by 2 where the opponent "ices" the game with an empty-net goal. THREE of these losses have been in overtime. Another TWO of them were 2-1 defeats (at RPI and Union).

Even worse, these back-to-back sudden defeats are coming back to bite us. Had both of them ended in ties, we would have still had a shot at finishing in 8th place.
                  Colgate '09

Comment

what can you say??? Effort was there, but again inexcusable breakdowns (Yale maintaining possession in our end for 90 seconds after we go ahead 3-2, tying game 3-3) always nail us in the end...it's really too bad, because we played well for most of the second half of the game (especially Spink-Spink-Baun)...the kids are trying; we just need a little more talent because these freshmen do not like losing...it's too bad that our incoming frosh are, as a whole, not especially impressive on paper...but, what else is new??? As 'Rainman" said above, the numbers don't lie...

Comment

So who do people "want to" face in the first round?

Comment

Right now we could play either Yale, Union, St. Lawrence or Dartmouth. I bet Yale and Union win tonight and St Lawrence and Dartmouth loose. Then, we play either St Lawrence or Dartmouth (they split, equal wins, and I can't figure out the tie breaker from there) We split with Dartmouth (5-4, then 4-5), and tie/lost to St Lawrence. St Lawrence lost their captain to a bad appendix, but I'd prefer Dartmouth. Either team, we can beat......all depends on which Colgate team shows up. We have potential, and it really stinks when we don't live up to that potential!!!! Leadership and depth......that's what we need.

Great game last night for Colgate Women......almost pulled it out against Cornell. Men's lax---Colgate vs Cornell @3pm, Men's hockey---Colgate vs Brown @4pm, Women's hockey---Colgate vs Cornell @4pm.
                        If anybody is near Ithaca on Saturday afternoon, you have Colgate Men's lacrosse playing just across the street from Colgate Women's hockey. I'll be running back and forth and listening to Dave on the radio!!!
                        Go 'gate!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        SG6

Comment

I don't think it matters who we play. But I'd prefer we play Union or a team in New England. That way I can possibly go see at least one of the games.

I don't like how today's game is a 4 PM start; no other league games will be going on at that time. This means the other teams will know the outcome of this game before they even take the ice, and it could have an effect on other games (and our seeding). If we win, we lock ourselves into the 11 seed and then the other teams will know if they draw us or not based on their outcomes. If we lose or tie, we risk finishing last for the 2nd time in 3 years. This isn't what I envisioned at the start of the season, based on the experiences of two years ago.

Bottom line is this: we haven't won an ECAC road game this season. Ain't no time like the present to do it now! But Brown will be tough, since they're still fighting for home ice in the playoffs. The fact that this game is at 4 PM hurts them too, since other teams will know the outcome of this game before they play tonight.
                          Colgate '09

Comment

Does any of that stuff really matter, Rainman? I hear what you're saying but we need to take care of our own business and that's been hard to do. My only hope is finishing 11th and not 12th, but it is what it is. Hats off to Harvard...what a monumental win for a struggling program like ours. It's why we play the game, I guess.

I would prefer to play SLU because it's a close enough trip for the players and possibly some fans - maybe even the pep band, who knows. We'd obviously be the underdog in a rink that has given us fits. Sounds like a great opportunity to salvage something this season up in Canton.

Good luck to the women's team. Sorry they were snakebitten as well. Hope that program is on the rise. It's getting lonely at the bottom with Union year after year while Cornell and Clarkson have played leapfrog and aren't looking back.

Go 'Gate!
                            Beat Brown!
                            Good Luck 'Gate Lax!
                            C O L G A T E
                            2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                            1990 NCAA FINALS
                            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                            ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                            ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

The teams wont know who they draw until the end of their games because our outcomes are fairly narrow. No one will know who gets 4 or 5th slot until the games are over. I would hope for Union as those games may be televised on TWC (although it is a tough draw).

Comment

Down 3-1 as the 3rd starts. Looking dim, but maybe we can come back like last night.....but this time close the door on Bruno.

Comment

Working...
                                X