X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2012-13

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
    Merry Christmas everyone !! The "Stars" are alligning for the next few months(years) ! Things are good !
    Ditto to all.
    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

I'm getting cabin fever. Need to get to a 'Gate game - even if it's SH

Bump this up...

Comment

Happy New Year! Or as I like to call it, the Year of '13!

While I am excited for a return to the ice, these next two games do have the "trap game" moniker attached to them. Sacred Heart is still looking for that first win of the season, and a loss could derail everything that has gone right for us in the first half of the season.
        Colgate '09

Comment

I agree 100%. I think we'll be ok, PP is on fire.
          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
            I agree 100%. I think we'll be ok, PP is on fire.
            SH is last in Div-I hockey in team D with 4.82 GAA. Also 59th in PK and 58th in PP. On paper it looks good (for us), but 'Gate still has to come out smoking with no holiday hangover to get the two wins. Concentrate and execute guys!

Comment

Even though we were playing a rather "soft" opponent, we start the Year of '13 with a win! Congrats to both Nathan Sinz and Daniel Gentzler - each of them scored a goal for the first time in their careers.
              Colgate '09

Comment

Well that was pretty brutal to watch tonight. I actually started feeling bad for SH as early as the third goal. I could tell this team has just been frustrated all year and kind of chalked it up after they went down 3. That just looked like a varsity vs. jv game all night. Week off and then hopefully we can get wins 3 out of the next 4 games.

Comment

Originally posted by still an empty net View Post
                  Well that was pretty brutal to watch tonight. I actually started feeling bad for SH as early as the third goal. I could tell this team has just been frustrated all year and kind of chalked it up after they went down 3. That just looked like a varsity vs. jv game all night. Week off and then hopefully we can get wins 3 out of the next 4 games.
                  Yeah, watching that, I kind of got the feeling of what it must be like if you score tickets to see Alabama take on the Little Sister's of the Poor JV squad the first week of college football season. Everyone was kind of out of it, PA guy started really downplaying the goal announcements starting at about 5-0, and so it goes.

Now, there is one challenge out of this- remember what happened after they shellacked Niagara 10-2? 3 losses in a row. I would guess that Vaughan is not gonna let them enjoy this weekend too much, because, and call me crazy if you must, I'm fairly certain that RPI and Union aren't gonna be quite as much of rollover opponents.

Comment

These two wins would have more meaning if the ECAC schedule continued next weekend. Now, with 12 days off, I'm not sure having playing SH will give us the advantage we could use vs. RPI and Union.

Comment

Does anyone have a game worn Colgate hockey jersey that they are looking to sell? I am a Colgate alum trying to buy a few Colgate jerseys.
                      Thanks!
                      Brent

Comment

Well, going into this weekend we were heavily favored to win these games ... on paper. But I wasn't expecting a pair of blowout wins. It's unfortunate that the scheduling quirks have us on another layoff, especially since its nothing but league games from here on out. I'm sure Coach Vaughan will keep them focused, though.

Brent - I believe after every season the jerseys of each players are sold to the public for $75 (without the name plate - just the jersey number). Last season I was given an email address to contact so I could get my own jersey, but since I never got around to doing it, I can't be of much help to you now.
                        Colgate '09

Comment

Not sure if it has been mentioned before, but Kyle Baun's grandfather, Bobbie Baun, played for the Toronto Maple Leafs in the 60's and was instrumental in one of their Stanley Cup wins. Cool!
                          Happy New Year, all. GO 'GATE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CU13 View Post
                            Not sure if it has been mentioned before, but Kyle Baun's grandfather, Bobbie Baun, played for the Toronto Maple Leafs in the 60's and was instrumental in one of their Stanley Cup wins. Cool!
                            Happy New Year, all. GO 'GATE!!!!
                            Good post CU13; in fact I saw Bobbie play a few times when the Maple Leafs played the Rangers at MSG. He was a very talented player. It's wonderful to see Kyle in a zone where he's contributing to all our wins lately. Also good to see Finney putting together a nice run and giving our D and PK some added strength. PP has been doing much beter this year - like night and day. Hope this layoff - and offensive output over the weekend - does not change the determination and concentration of the team.

Comment

For those who are interested, the ECAC block schedule for the 2013-14 season has been released. I won't get into the details about it but there's some good news and bad news related to it:

The Good News: we have an "open" weekend in February 2014, so we'll most likely see the Cornell home-and-home series return to its usual "down-the-stretch" part of the regular season!

The Bad News: barring a playoff meeting this season, Colgate and Cornell will not play against each other at all during the 2013 calendar year. Which is rather unfortunate, considering 13 is a lucky number for Colgate.
                              Colgate '09

Comment

Happy '13 all

Nice to see the resounding wins against SHU. Beat the teams you should and all that. I am most curious to see how they respond down the stretch not only as the meaningful games increase, but how much, if any, the long season takes its toll. Hopefully my schedule has cleared up a bit for this coming semester, so I'll be able to catch a few more games
                                ECAC Champions: 1990
                                NCAA Frozen Four: 1990
                                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 1990 2004 2006
                                ECAC Final Four: 1981 1990 1995 2000 2004 2005 2006 2008 2011 2012 2014 2015
                                NCAA Tournament: 1981 1990 2000 2005 2014
                                Let's Go 'Gate!

Comment

Working...
                                X