This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2012-13

From GR's broadcast it sounded like Tyson Spink was trying to hit his brother with a breakout pass close to when the horn sounded, maybe trying one last SOG. Cornell might have interpreted this as a shot after the whistle. Then hell breaks out in the line and around Mihalik. Glad we don't face the Red again in the regular season. It would be interssting to see them in the post-season to see if the bad blood continues. Then again, I suppose there is always bad blood between these travel partners
    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
      From GR's broadcast it sounded like Tyson Spink was trying to hit his brother with a breakout pass close to when the horn sounded, maybe trying one last SOG. Cornell might have interpreted this as a shot after the whistle. Then hell breaks out in the line and around Mihalik. Glad we don't face the Red again in the regular season. It would be interssting to see them in the post-season to see if the bad blood continues. Then again, I suppose there is always bad blood between these travel partners
      Mihalik was jawing and pretty agressive as he went through the handshake line. Will not be surprised if he gets a suspension. Also it's really nice the ECAC officiating is an equal opportunity employer.

*Edit* not to say that Cornell guys we're too. I'm thinking Ferlin, Spink, McCarron, Mihalik, Mowery, Goulakous and maybe more will see ECAC discipline
      Last edited by css228; 11-04-2012, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Football game for the Patriot League Championship at Lehigh is being televised nationally on CBS Sports Network at 12:30 Saturday. Lehigh hasen't lost a league game in three years, hold the nation's unbeaten streak at nine, and except for their loss in the NCAA playoffs last year are unbeaten in eighteen !!!
        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
          Football game for the Patriot League Championship at Lehigh is being televised nationally on CBS Sports Network at 12:30 Saturday. Lehigh hasen't lost a league game in three years, hold the nation's unbeaten streak at nine, and except for their loss in the NCAA playoffs last year are unbeaten in eighteen !!!
          It's gonna be a classic. Must-see TV. No hockey at Starr this weekend, so we all better tune in...

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
            Watched the end of the game twice last night and there is no way to interpret the shot as anything but a shot. Spink is down by the faceoff circle with the puck and takes a shot at Iles after the horn. No surprise that Cornell took exception to it, and it's no surprise that Colgate took exception to Cornell's exception. I have no idea what happened in the handshake line. Obviously the jawing kept rippling onward.

The worst part may have been Syer and Vaughan starting to go at when their only concern should have been keeping the kids separated and getting Colgate off the ice. Vaughan allowed his team to line up across the blueline as if they weren't going to allow Cornell to gather at center ice for their stick salute. Very strange ending. I wouldn't be surprised if Syer and Vaughan got a game for it.

Comment

Originally posted by ithacat View Post
              Watched the end of the game twice last night and there is no way to interpret the shot as anything but a shot. Spink is down by the faceoff circle with the puck and takes a shot at Iles after the horn. No surprise that Cornell took exception to it, and it's no surprise that Colgate took exception to Cornell's exception. I have no idea what happened in the handshake line. Obviously the jawing kept rippling onward.
              I just watched the replay (sorry, Cornell's pay archive - can't share) and I agree there's no question it was a shot. He was the headman on the play and there was nobody else in the slot that could have been looking for the pass. However, it was a pretty weak "shot." He knew the game was over and just sort of lackadaisically swept it toward the goal - no windup, no follow-through. Cornell should have kept their composure.
              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Schafer said we are the best team they faced so far, they played Colorado College the week before. He says we're very talented, well coached and very young. He also said we outplayed them both nights and Iles saved their butts. I liked that very much.

AIC beat Q-Pac last night

Comment

Schafer said we are the best team they faced so far, they played Colorado College the week before. He says we're very talented, well coached and very young. He also said we outplayed them both nights and Iles saved their butts. I liked that very much.

AIC beat Q-Pac last night
                  He's a stand-up guy. Always gives credit where it's due.
                  Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

Shabby - on the Q-Pac v. AIC thing, see Shafer's comment about parity in college hockey in general. Plus Q-Pac looking a bit like a snake-bite victim this year. Way outshot RoMo and AIC in those losses and owned a small shot advantage over both Colgate and in their tie against OSU. The dreaded trying to hard? or perhaps too many long range/easily seen shots? So far looks like Harzell is having a bit of an on or off year. Good save % and GAA but pulled in two of Q-Pac's three losses. Either way, if I were Vaughn I'd be doing my best to convince the raiders they are walking into a wounded bear's den on Friday. Recap of game sounds like Q-Pac didn't show up till period 3 on Tuesday. Bet they show Pecknold has them show up 5 minutes early for us.

Comment

I'm not saying I think Q-Pac will be easy, I was just surprised at the outcome. I expect a very tough game Friday night. Looked like the goalie stole it(shots were like 40-20) where have we seen that recently ?

On a positive note Mihalik played superbly Saturday night at Cornell. Hoping it helps his confidence, people a lil rough on him here(myself included).

Comment

I'm not saying I think Q-Pac will be easy, I was just surprised at the outcome. I expect a very tough game Friday night. Looked like the goalie stole it(shots were like 40-20) where have we seen that recently ?

On a positive note Mihalik played superbly Saturday night at Cornell. Hoping it helps his confidence, people a lil rough on him here(myself included).
                        Also don't forget that Quinnipiac's rink has been a house of horrors for us the past three years, going 0-3 and getting outscored 12-2 in the regular season, including last year's 7-1 shellacking.

It's almost getting to the point where it might be even worse than Appleton, where we could have won last year, but we shot ourselves on the feet several times and then when we tried to catch up it was too late.
                        Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

God...You rained on my parade! Just gettin over the election ! But reality rears it's ugly head I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyenthusiast View Post
                            Also don't forget that Quinnipiac's rink has been a house of horrors for us the past three years, going 0-3 and getting outscored 12-2 in the regular season, including last year's 7-1 shellacking.
                            Maybe the best thing going for us is the talented freshmen players who have never played at TD before. Not knowing about the rink could be a good thing.

Comment

The fact that Qpac lost to AIC on their home ice is not good news for us. Still, I'll be making the trip down to CT tomorrow afternoon to watch the team in action. This should be an exciting game, with both teams looking for that first league win.
                              Colgate '09

Comment

The Princeton game is a 4:00PM start...I just noticed.

Comment

Working...
                                X