USCHO Fantasy College Hockey: Season 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USCHO Fantasy College Hockey: Season 11

Hello everyone, I have volunteered to get people signed up for the USCHO fantasy college hockey leagues that we play annually. I decided to move the thread to D1, as opposed to the cafe, where it usually is, to generate more interest and reach a larger number of USCHO posters.

We use the website www.fantasycollegehockey.com that was developed by Zudnic, another poster. The game is always quite a bit of fun, and I think most people are able to have a good time with it.

Anyone is welcome to sign up to play, BUT if you sign up, you will be expected to be able to show up to the draft on the night it is held for your league, and participate in the league throughout the season. In the recent past we have had problems with posters signing up and not showing up for drafts, or neglecting teams all season. This creates a huge pain for everyone else that wants to participate and for the people that run the site. I will do whatever I can to make sure I get you in a draft on a day that you select, to minimize any problems. To sign up, go here, and fill out the form. (If that link doesn't work, let me know. This is the first time I've made a Google Form, so I'm not sure if I did it right)

When I get all the entries, I will split people up into leagues, depending on which day you can draft, and any special requests to be in a league, or not in a league, with another poster. The goal will be to have leagues of 7-9 teams, ideally 8. Each league will be run separately from each other, draft separate and have a different champion. To conduct the draft I am going to try to use a Google Docs spreadsheet to keep track of everything, though I haven't gotten that completely sorted out yet. In the past we have used AIM to conduct a draft, but we have run into issues with everyone having the software and being able to use AIM. I am open to suggestions on what would be the best way, that is most accessible to everyone involved.

These leagues will use players from all of Division 1 NCAA hockey. Any and all leagues are in play. You are required to start 6 forwards, 4 defensemen, and 2 goalies each day, and you'll have a bench that consists of the same amount of each position, for a total of 12 forwards, 8 defensemen, and 4 goalies. You do not have to set your roster for a week and leave it, like with fantasy football; you are allowed to change your starters each day, prior to the start of the games. There is no limit to the amount of roster moves you can make. The scoring is detailed at the fantasycollegehockey.com website, so feel free to take a look there in the meantime. Also, don't sign up at the fantasycollegehockey.com website now, we have to get the leagues set before anything can be done on that website. If you try to sign up now, all you're likely to do is cause headaches for Zudnic.

There have already been several posters that have expressed interest in the old thread, for those of you that have, please fill out the form so I can get you on the list. Also, if anyone signs up with the form, please post a confirmation that you have signed up in this thread, so I can make sure that I get everyone's information.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. There are several of us around that have played in previous seasons that would be able to help you out and answer questions.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Re: USCHO Fantasy College Hockey: Season 11

Signed up. bbdl, I put Oct 5th in the "other" option as well. I SHOULD be able to make the Oct 4th time, but that would likely be the only date I can draft since I'm out on the boat until the 4th. I won't know what time I'll be at my house until the 3rd likely, but I'm hoping it will be by 8pm Eastern.

Looking at the schedule, with only a single exhibition on the 5th, I figured I would throw that out there just in case enough people can possibly draft that night instead.

I will add to bbdl's description of the FCH leagues, that draft nights CAN take several hours. It is truly dependent on how prepared people are, and if every person in that league shows up or if there are several no-shows. I would say, with a prompt 8pm start time, to expect drafting until 11pm or so.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
      Signed up. bbdl, I put Oct 5th in the "other" option as well. I SHOULD be able to make the Oct 4th time, but that would likely be the only date I can draft since I'm out on the boat until the 4th. I won't know what time I'll be at my house until the 3rd likely, but I'm hoping it will be by 8pm Eastern.

Looking at the schedule, with only a single exhibition on the 5th, I figured I would throw that out there just in case enough people can possibly draft that night instead.

I will add to bbdl's description of the FCH leagues, that draft nights CAN take several hours. It is truly dependent on how prepared people are, and if every person in that league shows up or if there are several no-shows. I would say, with a prompt 8pm start time, to expect drafting until 11pm or so.
      Ok. I know that you have that issue with drafting. If we can get a league to draft on the 5th, that would be ok to.

Another option is, a few of us were considering doing an additional league with only FCH veterans, as kind of an All-star league. We might be able to do that one on the 5th.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        Ok. I know that you have that issue with drafting. If we can get a league to draft on the 5th, that would be ok to.

Another option is, a few of us were considering doing an additional league with only FCH veterans, as kind of an All-star league. We might be able to do that one on the 5th.
        Noted.

Comment

Fantasy Hockey eh?

I Got an AHA team winning the National Championship.

Comment

In
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I have 4 in so far:

Me
              hp1015
              shirtless guy
              FieldHouseFaithful

RIP - Kirby

Comment

In.

I would be interested in this league if you want me. Would be nice to be in a league where all team gm's are vigilant and regularly participate.
                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                  In.

I would be interested in this league if you want me. Would be nice to be in a league where all team gm's are vigilant and regularly participate.
                  If we end up doing that league, I'll let you know.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                    In.

Same here...

Thanks for helping out bigblue_dl. And thanks to Zudnic (And seanpc?) for setting up the website. Its pretty cool to follow players we wouldn't otherwise be associated with.
                    Last edited by pgrass01; 09-14-2012, 12:51 PM.
                    Go Bulldogs!!!!

Comment

I did get both fivehole and pgrass's sign-up info. It looks like that form actually worked, I wasn't sure if it would.

Here is the google documents spreadsheet that I am hoping to use to draft: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...EdZcHpJbm5tbEE

My hope is that we can all go view the spreadsheet, and use the built-in chat function to conduct the draft, we shouldn't even have to require anyone to get a google sign-in. It might be a little confusing because it will assign a number to each person, but we can put that number in the spreadsheet instead of team name for the draft only, and it should solve any problems. Or we could just make sure to state team name prior to each pick such as: User239283: bigblue_dl - Justin Schultz, D, Wisconsin

(now, hopefully no one actually drafts Justin Schultz)

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I did get both fivehole and pgrass's sign-up info. It looks like that form actually worked, I wasn't sure if it would.

Here is the google documents spreadsheet that I am hoping to use to draft: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...EdZcHpJbm5tbEE

My hope is that we can all go view the spreadsheet, and use the built-in chat function to conduct the draft, we shouldn't even have to require anyone to get a google sign-in. It might be a little confusing because it will assign a number to each person, but we can put that number in the spreadsheet instead of team name for the draft only, and it should solve any problems. Or we could just make sure to state team name prior to each pick such as: User239283: bigblue_dl - Justin Schultz, D, Wisconsin

(now, hopefully no one actually drafts Justin Schultz)
                        or any number of other early departures.
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

bigblue... Mistake on my draft dates. I cannot draft on October 4th. Gonna be in CT rockin' with Ian Anderson that night.
                          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

I am in but I am limited on my draft times. The last Thurs in Sept is really the only time I can do it. If that day doesn't prove popular, I'll have to sit this year out.
                            Boston College Eagle Hockey ยป "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
                              I am in but I am limited on my draft times. The last Thurs in Sept is really the only time I can do it. If that day doesn't prove popular, I'll have to sit this year out.
                              Ok, I'll try to make that work out.

Also, bumping this back to the top. We still don't have a whole lot of people participating. FCH is very fun, if anyone out there is on the fence you should just do it, you won't regret it.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                              X