USCHO Fantasy College Hockey: Season 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USCHO Fantasy College Hockey: Season 11

Would there be any interest in doing a "keeper" FCH league? You'd keep your players throughout their 4 years of eligability, and it would add quite a bit more strategery, trying to balance your team with upperclassmen that will score big this year, but drafting enough freshmen and sophomores that you're set for the future. Also, trying to draft players that are more likely to stay 3 or 4 years, and not getting stuck with a few 1 and dones.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      Would there be any interest in doing a "keeper" FCH league? You'd keep your players throughout their 4 years of eligability, and it would add quite a bit more strategery, trying to balance your team with upperclassmen that will score big this year, but drafting enough freshmen and sophomores that you're set for the future. Also, trying to draft players that are more likely to stay 3 or 4 years, and not getting stuck with a few 1 and dones.
      There would be alot to work out with a keeper league but it could be very fun. Need to have 8 quality managers though.
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I have a question. Are there matchups or games played against other users, or is this a pure total points league?
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
          I have a question. Are there matchups or games played against other users, or is this a pure total points league?
          it is a points thing throughout the regular season which is basically just for seeding and then playoffs has been head to head.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I'd be interested.
            Here's a wrinkle... How about a freshmen draft each year to replace graduates only. If you lose a guy to early departure, you're stuck with his roster spot until his class graduates.
            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Bump to the top

For the keeper league, I think it is something that we can try to do for next year, I don't think I could get it all sorted out for this season. We can work out the details throughout the season and we won't be rushed.

So far these posters have signed up:
              bigblue_dl
              hockeyplayer1015
              Shirtless Guy
              FieldHouseFaithful
              FiveHole12
              pgrass01
              Zudnic
              techtodenver
              GoUNH
              FlagDUDE08
              UNHSince1969
              Chuck Schwartz

Given the available dates that I have seen, and hoping that we get more to sign up, I'm hoping to have 3 leagues, one drafting on Sept. 27th, another on Oct. 1st and the last on Oct. 4th. I am still working out how to fit people in those leagues, and since we only have 12 owners now, we'd have to get 6 more to make 3 leagues viable, preferable 9-12 more.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Bump to the top

For the keeper league, I think it is something that we can try to do for next year, I don't think I could get it all sorted out for this season. We can work out the details throughout the season and we won't be rushed.

So far these posters have signed up:
                bigblue_dl
                hockeyplayer1015
                Shirtless Guy
                FieldHouseFaithful
                FiveHole12
                pgrass01
                Zudnic
                techtodenver
                GoUNH
                FlagDUDE08
                UNHSince1969
                Chuck Schwartz

Given the available dates that I have seen, and hoping that we get more to sign up, I'm hoping to have 3 leagues, one drafting on Sept. 27th, another on Oct. 1st and the last on Oct. 4th. I am still working out how to fit people in those leagues, and since we only have 12 owners now, we'd have to get 6 more to make 3 leagues viable, preferable 9-12 more.
                I have no life. I'm in.
                Originally posted by SJHovey
                Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                Originally posted by Brenthoven
                We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  it is a points thing throughout the regular season which is basically just for seeding and then playoffs has been head to head.
                  Gotcha. I like that style.

I would be in, but I have school Mon-Thurs nights, which unfortunately was every draft day listed. If we could have a draft on a Friday or Saturday, I would be in.
                  North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                    Gotcha. I like that style.

I would be in, but I have school Mon-Thurs nights, which unfortunately was every draft day listed. If we could have a draft on a Friday or Saturday, I would be in.
                    There has been some interest in having a draft day on Friday, October 5th, which cuts it close with the start of the season, but we should be able to get it to work. You may as well fill out the sign up form, and select "other" for draft days and write in the days that work. I will do what I can to make it work for you.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

There has been some interest in having a draft day on Friday, October 5th, which cuts it close with the start of the season, but we should be able to get it to work. You may as well fill out the sign up form, and select "other" for draft days and write in the days that work. I will do what I can to make it work for you.
                      Thanks. I'll do that.
                      North Dakota

Comment

If anyone else is OK with drafting on Friday, October 5th, please post it here. It wasn't an original option on the form, but there have been a few requests for it, and I would like to involve as many people as possible. I started putting owners into leagues, based on draft days, and it looks like I'll be able to do it on three days, and that would only make it so one person can't make the draft. As of now, I'm hoping that the draft days will be Thursday, Sept. 27th, Thursday Oct. 4th and Friday Oct. 5th, so for those who are yet to sign up, if possible, select at least one of those days.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Bump to the top

My name is hp1015 and I endorse this plan.

Comment

This would be SPECTACULAR. What a creative idea. If you decide to do it, let me know.
                            When you say WISCONSIN you've said it all!

Comment

If anyone else is OK with drafting on Friday, October 5th, please post it here.
                              I can draft on the 5th.
                              When you say WISCONSIN you've said it all!

Comment

Im in.
                                GO NU!
                                --------------------------------------------------
                                2016 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                                2018 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS (no, srsly)

Comment

Working...
                                X