• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012-13 WCHA Thread:Breaking Up is Hard to Do

The last WCHA season before the big "breakup"

Thoughts predictions expectations...

Re: 2012-13 WCHA Thread:Breaking Up is Hard to Do

So, in keeping with the title of the thread: Terry Pegula = Homewrecker, Barry Alvarez= Unfaithful jerk. Do I have that right?
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

UAA finishes last. Though that's not really a prediction given it's guaranteed to occur.
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
        So, in keeping with the title of the thread: Terry Pegula = Homewrecker, Barry Alvarez= Unfaithful jerk. Do I have that right?
        correct

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
          UAA finishes last. Though that's not really a prediction given it's guaranteed to occur.
          Unless the Gophers get all of their wins vacated.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
            correct
            So that makes Minnesota the "innocent" spouse who just had no idea that anyone wanted out of this relationship because she got a little too self-absorbed and just stared at her own reflection in the mirror, North Dakota and Denver are the bratty jerkwad teenagers who are using this as an excuse to try to be "more independent" and make terrible choices on their own, UMD, CC and UNO are the tag-along idiot middle children who are just going to follow their older siblings' lead and get crushed by reality setting in, while MTU, MSU-M, BSU and UAA are the younger, red-headed step-children that everyone forgot about.

And SCSU is Jan Brady, naturally.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

"What we've got here is failure to communicate..."

Comment

So that makes Minnesota the "innocent" spouse who just had no idea that anyone wanted out of this relationship because she got a little too self-absorbed and just stared at her own reflection in the mirror, North Dakota and Denver are the bratty jerkwad teenagers who are using this as an excuse to try to be "more independent" and make terrible choices on their own, UMD, CC and UNO are the tag-along idiot middle children who are just going to follow their older siblings' lead and get crushed by reality setting in, while MTU, MSU-M, BSU and UAA are the younger, red-headed step-children that everyone forgot about.

Nicely done, seems about right.

Comment

Minnie is the daughter of a prominent but not old money family whose beauty is fading and whose hunger for prominence and status burns more urgently as a result. She does everything she can to move "up" in her social circle, all while maintaining the necessary appearance of propriety.

North Dakota and Denver just like to party, howl at the moon, (with Bucky on occasion, though they know he is not one of them but knows how to party and is good in a fight), and throw beer bottles on Minnie's lawn.
                  Last edited by burd; 09-13-2012, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                    Minnie is the daughter of a prominent but not old money family whose beauty is fading and whose hunger for prominence and status burns more urgently as a result. She does everything she can to move "up" in her social circle, all while maintaining the necessary appearance of propriety.

North Dakota and Denver just like to party, howl at the moon, (with Bucky on occasion, though they know he is not one of them but knows how to party and is good in a fight), and throw beer bottles on Minnie's lawn.
                    No, EoDS was right.
                    the state of hockey is good

Comment

And UAH is the orphan from the other side of the tracks (ok, the far, far side of the tracks) left stranded by the back door hoping to be asked to join the family, and not sent begging to that other, smaller and more restrictive house down the road...

Comment

You're trying too hard, but I understand that 2000 seems like an awful long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          You're trying too hard, but I understand that 2000 seems like an awful long time ago.
                          "Seems" Slap? Nay, it is.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                            No, EoDS was right.
                            Quoted to appreciate it while it lasts.

Comment

"Seems" Slap? Nay, it is.
                              When it happens dude - and it will - the release will be awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X