2012-13 WCHA Thread:Breaking Up is Hard to Do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    I think those two are really different players with obviously different skill sets. Every hockey team ever in the history of hockey would love and have a need for both of them.

From my perspective, I see Zengerle as a Patrick Kane type who creates a lot of opportunities for his teammates through his niftyness. Yeah, I said "niftyness."

Juggs is a skilled power forward who can create his own opportunities.

I'd take them both.
    Well said. I completely agree.
    @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
    On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
    High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Re: 2012-13 WCHA Thread:Breaking Up is Hard to Do

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post

p.s. Bjugstad does have a **** good shot whether you want to admit it or not.
      Perhaps you should have read further back...

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
      He [Bjugstad] certainly has a good shot
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
        Well said. I completely agree.
        Agreed as well. I think we both came to this conclusion earlier yesterday before we started talking about Bjugstad's shot.
        North Dakota

Comment

Agreed as well. I think we both came to this conclusion earlier yesterday before we started talking about Bjugstad's shot.
          Indeed
          Last edited by mnstate0fhockey; 09-20-2012, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
            Better shot? Define for me your criteria of a "better shot" please. Secondly, have seen Bjugstad's shot lately? Have you seen anyone's shot lately?
            No, I've never seen any of these guys' shots...I just randomly drew the names of Bill Arnold and Jordan George out of a hat and said they were better than Bjugstad...

As for criteria for "better shot," I'm not exactly sure what I would use, but a lot of it comes down to an eye test (aka I know it when I see it). Look at Hovey's analysis for a good description of that. If you have watched Bill Arnold or Jordan George on a regular basis, you would know what I'm talking about. Again, IMO, Bjugstad has a good shot (arguably the best on the Gopher's squad), and it is part of his game that makes him one of the top 3-5 players in all of college hockey.
            North Dakota

Comment

BTW - Sorry I was irritable yesterday. Was flying home from Dallas and American Airlines picked that day to send out a big layoff notice. Needless to say, my whole day was spent on planes and in airports

Comment

BTW - Sorry I was irritable yesterday. Was flying home from Dallas and American Airlines picked that day to send out a big layoff notice. Needless to say, my whole day was spent on planes and in airports
                See, this is why I fly Delta. Delta ****s you over more often than not so when it happens you're used to it.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

No need to apologize (at least to me). Hopefully it all went as well as it could. And just think, one day closer until the hockey season actually starts and we can see how our predictions/opinions shake out.
                  North Dakota

Comment

No need to apologize (at least to me). Hopefully it all went as well as it could. And just think, one day closer until the hockey season actually starts and we can see how our predictions/opinions shake out.
                    Agreed

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      See, this is why I fly Delta. Delta ****s you over more often than not so when it happens you're used to it.
                      Yeah, I hear ya.

Comment

No, I've never seen any of these guys' shots...I just randomly drew the names of Bill Arnold and Jordan George out of a hat and said they were better than Bjugstad...

As for criteria for "better shot," I'm not exactly sure what I would use, but a lot of it comes down to an eye test (aka I know it when I see it). Look at Hovey's analysis for a good description of that. If you have watched Bill Arnold or Jordan George on a regular basis, you would know what I'm talking about. Again, IMO, Bjugstad has a good shot (arguably the best on the Gopher's squad), and it is part of his game that makes him one of the top 3-5 players in all of college hockey.
                        I don't care about Arnold or George. The question I asked you was have you seen Bjugstad's shot? And of course you haven't. And you don't have of any salient criteria for what a "better shot" is? So why argue like you're an expert on who's who in college hockey with the "better shot"? Eye test!? No, the four criteria in order of importance are : 1) accuracy, 2) distance, 3) speed, 4) type of shot. A "better shot" has more to do with accuracy and position than speed and the type of shot. Moreover, in many cases a supporting cast of playmakers are often necessary to give a player the "better shot". Bjugs not only has a powerful shot inside given a grade A op, but he will have the added bonus of playing with highly skilled players (Budish, Rau) that will give him the chance to use it.

Comment

I don't care about Arnold or George. The question I asked you was have you seen Bjugstad's shot? And of course you haven't. And you don't have of any salient criteria for what a "better shot" is? So why argue like you're an expert on who's who in college hockey with the "better shot"? Eye test!? No, the four criteria in order of importance are : 1) accuracy, 2) distance, 3) speed, 4) type of shot. A "better shot" has more to do with accuracy and position than speed and the type of shot. Moreover, in many cases a supporting cast of playmakers are often necessary to give a player the "better shot". Bjugs not only has a powerful shot inside given a grade A op, but he will have the added bonus of playing with highly skilled players (Budish, Rau) that will give him the chance to use it.

I heard a story this summer about Bjugstad and Haula going horseback riding. Anyway, they get to the ranch, and there are no horses, so Bjugstad saddles up Haula and rides him around Wyoming for 3 days. Thing is, Haula developed such great stamina and leg strength that Bjugstad entered him into the Breeders' Cup under the name "Finnish Delight." They won by three lengths, in spite of the fact that they had to do two laps around the track and Bjugstad had to handle a puck the whole way with a miniature hockey stick.

To Bjugstad!!!
                          North Dakota

Comment

I heard a story this summer about Bjugstad and Haula going horseback riding. Anyway, they get to the ranch, and there are no horses, so Bjugstad saddles up Haula and rides him around Wyoming for 3 days. Thing is, Haula developed such great stamina and leg strength that Bjugstad entered him into the Breeders' Cup under the name "Finnish Delight." They won by three lengths, in spite of the fact that they had to do two laps around the track and Bjugstad had to handle a puck the whole way with a miniature hockey stick.

To Bjugstad!!!
                            I just love to watching Whioux fans make up stupid stories and attempt to backpedal. Nice spin bonehead.

Comment

I just love to watching Whioux fans make up stupid stories and attempt to backpedal. Nice spin bonehead.
                              FYP,

We get it Harley, you think that Nick Bjugstad has the best shot in college hockey despite not watching any of the other top shooters in the game. I disagree, but that is just my opinion. If you can't accept that, that's your fault.
                              North Dakota

Comment

What is he back-peddling on? He already gave his opinion, not his expert analysis... BTW, guess who would win if you took a vote on this site on who's opinion the masses would rather hear between you and him.

Comment

Working...
                                X