Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2012-13 WCHA Thread:Breaking Up is Hard to Do

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
    I hardly think only Gopher fans share that opinion. But you're free to think what you like.
    I have yet to see/hear/read/etc. one non-Gopher fan that believes that Bjugstad has the best shot in college hockey. Your hyperbole of this kid is slowly reaching into Chuck Norris/Bill Brasky territory.

But go ahead, keep drinking the kool-aid.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Good Lord. I thought when he who will not be named left this crap was over.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I'd take B-jugs everyday and twice on Sunday over Bill Arnold.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
          I'd take B-jugs everyday and twice on Sunday over Bill Arnold.
          Do you realize what the argument even is?
          North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
            Yeah, I just thought I would throw that off topic statement in.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Good Lord. I thought when he who will not be named left this crap was over.

I hear Nick Bjugstad grew to over 9 feet tall. The only problem is now his slapshot is 300mph and shreds the net when it goes in on each shot. The University of Minnesota had to spend over $300k on new nets this past week, and that doesn't even take into account how many panes of glass they've had to replace. He's a man-beast who doesn't sleep. Kids don't dare say his name 5 times into the mirror for the fear that Bjugstad will come and kill their parents with his sniper shot
              North Dakota

Comment

IMO, Zengerle is more like Gretzky, while Bjugstad is more like Brendan Shanahan (not suggesting that Zengerle is the greatest player of all-time, just type of game that I think each is akin to).
                Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                I would say Zengerle is more like Jari Kurri and Bjugstad a Mario Lemieux who plays defense (again, loose comparisons).

I would say that Zengerle is more like Denis Savard and Bjugstad is more like Shane Churla.

Hope that helps!

Great thread...

Comment

Who's Chuck Norris.
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I have yet to see/hear/read/etc. one non-Gopher fan that believes that Bjugstad has the best shot in college hockey. Your hyperbole of this kid is slowly reaching into Chuck Norris/Bill Brasky territory.

But go ahead, keep drinking the kool-aid.
                    Dude, it's just an opinion. No need to get worked up. Like I said, if I'm wrong, it wouldn't be the first time. Chill out. My God.

And I was referring to Bjugstad being the better all-around player. That opinion isn't held solely by Gopher fans.
                    Last edited by mnstate0fhockey; 09-19-2012, 08:09 PM.
                    @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                    On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                    High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

I think that Brady Wacker is the best player in the league.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                        I would say that Zengerle is more like Denis Savard and Bjugstad is more like Shane Churla.

Hope that helps!

Great thread...
                        Sounds about right

Comment

Reading back through it there were a few points being argued, but focused on shots later. And I would argue that it is more subjective than just scoring percentage. What defines the best shot? I would say a combo of accuracy, power, quickness and versatility of release. Each person is going to place varying emphasis on different variables though. Scoring percentage is as much a function of slot selection and opportunity as ability, so I don't think it is the end all determining factor for who has the best shot (some guys shoot when there isn't anything there and others generally only shoot when they see something). Bjugstad has a pretty dang good shot. I can't say how it rates to others, but can't say I saw a lot last year that impressed me as much as some of his.

Ryan Potulny and Vanek had better shots than any I saw last year though.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                            Reading back through it there were a few points being argued, but focused on shots later. And I would argue that it is more subjective than just scoring percentage. What defines the best shot? I would say a combo of accuracy, power, quickness and versatility of release. Each person is going to place varying emphasis on different variables though. Scoring percentage is as much a function of slot selection and opportunity as ability, so I don't think it is the end all determining factor for who has the best shot (some guys shoot when there isn't anything there and others generally only shoot when they see something). Bjugstad has a pretty dang good shot. I can't say how it rates to others, but can't say I saw a lot last year that impressed me as much as some of his.

Ryan Potulny and Vanek had better shots than any I saw last year though.
                            Agreed. Never meant to start a whole crap storm with that comment. The point I was trying to make before the discussion got side-tracked was that Nick Bjugstad is a pretty well-rounded player. Especially for a big man. Good skater, good hands, good vision, good shot, and plays in both ends well.

I definitely don't think Mark Zengerle is a better player than Nick Bjugstad (and that is not a shot at Zengerle). But if I were to make an argument that Zengerle is the better player, I don't think I would have made the point that he's the better all-around player.

Zengerle does a lot of things well, and some things better than Bjugstad. His vision and puck skills are unreal. But I don't think he's better all-around. Especially if you take into account that Bjugstad is a power forward and can do some things that Zengerle just cannot do.

Both great players though, and I'd be thrilled to have either.

Comment

B Jugs > Zengerle

And when did having the best shot equate to highest scoring percentage?
                              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Ah yes. A good old Gopher-Badger dick size contest between a Gopher fan and a Sioux fan. Nice.
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X