Harvard Crimson 2012-2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Harvard Crimson 2012-2013

Good luck to Harvard this weekend. As a fan, this has been a trying season. One that started with such promise and positive performances, only to see the bottom fall out after a scandal and a series of injuries that decimated the back line.

I'm sure that no one is happy with the Win Loss record, but this team has done an amazing job of sticking together under some very difficult circumstances and I think that bodes very well for the team and the program in the coming years.

For the seniors, this is certainly not the season they drew up, but they have held their heads high despite all the adversity they have faced.

The beauty of this, is that regardless of the outcome this weekend, Harvard will get a shot to be a spiler in the ECACs where you just never know what can happen. They just may be able to make a little noise and give us a little march madness.

Comment

Let's go Bruno tomorrow. With a win for us as well.
      Former Harvard Hockey broadcaster on 95.3 FM and WHRB.org.
      Go Crimson!

Comment

• Originally posted by alslammerz View Post
        Let's go Bruno tomorrow. With a win for us as well.
        Not sure of all the implications, but I would much prefer to play SLU or Dartmouth as opposed to Yale or Union

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
          Not sure of all the implications, but I would much prefer to play SLU or Dartmouth as opposed to Yale or Union
          I'd prefer to be 11th to 12th rather than worry about opponents. Especially since our result and Colgate losing would have no effect on who comes 3rd through 6th.
          Go Crimson!

Comment

You get your wish (Dartmouth). I do not get mine.
            Go Crimson!

Comment

Guys, I have to say that Friday's game was one of the best Harvard hockey games I've attended in recent memory. Man did they play their hearts out. I realize the Bobcats had nothing to play for but losing to us can't help them nationally. Our kids aren't physically mature enough to go toe to toe with a team like Q-Pac on a consistent basis but for one night, it was glorious. Really impressed with how they came out and didn't back down from Quinny even though they were clearly inferior from a talent perspective.

Crisculo just continues to impress. That kid never stops hustling. We need more like him.

I like our matchup with Dartmouth. I think we are going to give them all they can handle and I predict a three game series. Here's hoping we finish off the men the way our women took care of their women!

Comment

Remember the ECAC Pick The Playoffs thread is up and running. You have until 7PM on Friday to get your first round picks in.
                Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                  He was one of two suggestions for coaching hires that I submitted to Bob Scalise after Mazz left. The other was Teddy.
                  Well, your suggestion for Ted Donato '91 [really blew btw] do you wish you could take it back? Mazz left? As I recall, he was fired; saying it as "Mazz left" makes it sound as though it was Mazz's choice - nothing further from the truth there.

Comment

15 min to get your picks in. 7PM deadline ECAC Pick The Playoffs.
                    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglehockeyrules View Post
                      Well, your suggestion for Ted Donato '91 [really blew btw] do you wish you could take it back? Mazz left? As I recall, he was fired; saying it as "Mazz left" makes it sound as though it was Mazz's choice - nothing further from the truth there.
                      You need to check your facts. It was Mazzoleni's choice to resign his position. Why would you post such a statement when you don't know or have all the facts? It is individuals like you who give people who do possess the "truth" a bad name.

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglehockeyrules View Post
                        No I don't. Teddy has had his problems for sure but I don't backtrack just because it doesn't work for you. And Mazz resigned. He left. Try getting your facts straight.

Comment

Crimson with a big win in Hanover and slowly getting healthy (Bergin skated tonight)!

Comment

Crimson with a big win in Hanover and slowly getting healthy (Bergin skated tonight)!
                            I could not make the trip and could not watch on TV/internet due to no power (I live in Scituate). It sounded like an exciting game based on the 'HRB broadcast. It sounds like they were using the full bench during the game.
                            Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Comment

Reminder that WHRB will pick up the game at the conclusion of the men's basketball team's bid for its 3rd straight Ivy title. Dartmouth has free audio to tide you over until then. http://www.dartmouthsports.com/liveE...b_oem_id=11600
                              Go Crimson!

Comment

Think I spoke too soon as it appears that Blackwell has not dressed for the Dartmouth series. Let's hope he is ready to go in this win or play golf game tonight!

Comment

Working...
                                X