Penn State 2012-2013: Welcome to D1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penn State 2012-2013: Welcome to D1

So it feels kinda odd to start a thread for not my school, but I'm not sure how many Penn State fans have made their way to this board yet. I hope nobody minds if I take the initiative to kick it off.

So far people have talked mostly about the either the school's *ahem* difficulties or progress on the new arena. I say it's time to turn it over to hockey talk. What better way to start off a new year's thread with the newly unveiled sweaters! Courtesy of the blog Thank You Terry, which is necessary reading if you want to follow Penn State.

*****http://instagram.com/p/PcX-V3E4So/******

It's good to see another B1G team logo on a jersey but personally I think it needs a little something more. Just a tad on the plain side. What do you think? Especially if you are a Penn State fan. Let's get some conversation going here!

Re: Penn State 2012-2013: Welcome to D1

Good luck, guys.
    Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
    ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Welcome, Penn State Hockey

We will see you next year in the B1G, good luck to you guys this year.

Comment

"Also, North Dakota fans are now going after our leftovers. The balance of power already shifting! All hail the era of college hockey domination by schools that...aren't North Dakota!"
        Yikes!

Good luck to Penn State. Very happy for your fan base that this big day is almost here
        @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
        On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
        High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

I love the "balance of power shifting" comment. It will be true very soon...

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
            I love the "balance of power shifting" comment. It will be true very soon...
            Yeah, I like these guys already

Comment

A bitter Penn State fan already. Neato! Probably just jealous that our crazy old man arena donator is cooler than their crazy old man arena donator.

But as a token of goodwill toward the jealous Penn Staters and to help slowe out, here are the jerseys:
              *****http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/1372/c6eb3a58fc3511e180cd220.jpg******
              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                A bitter Penn State fan already. Neato! Probably just jealous that our crazy old man arena donator is cooler than their crazy old man arena donator.

But as a token of goodwill toward the jealous Penn Staters and to help slowe out, here are the jerseys:
                No ill will here; Penn State's "crazy old man arena donator" also owns an NHL team to which I give loyalty.

Comment

Good luck, you're going to need it.
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I don't know if I'm a fan of how the blue in the logo is different than the blue in the jersey.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      I don't know if I'm a fan of how the blue in the logo is different than the blue in the jersey.
                      The colors are the same Scarlet, it's just the photo.
                      BTW, that's former Gopher Max Gardiner on the left and Tommy Olczyk on the right.
                      Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                        The colors are the same Scarlet, it's just the photo.
                        BTW, that's former Gopher Max Gardiner on the left and Tommy Olczyk on the right.
                        Happy to see Max land somewhere. He's a good kid. Hopefully he'll get to see the ice a little more with you guys.

Comment

being a piece of dead wormbait is not cooler.
                          XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                          Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

I'm not bitter at all - honestly, the whole thing is just one giant troll. Back when breaking up hockey conferences was the only reason people hated Penn State (I sure do miss those days), mostly everyone I came into contact with, representing a wide range of programs, was all like "hey, welcome to the club," even if they'd then come on here and complain about how we ruined everything (because really, I didn't blame them...*I* didn't even want the Big Ten, that 12th CCHA slot was just dandy with me). The one exception? A couple of North Dakota fans. I'd never assume that two people represent an entire fanbase, but just because I hadn't met my snark quota at the time, I decided to hate on NoDak every time the opportunity came up. Which isn't really that often, because I try to keep my focus pretty tight on PSU except for a Monday link post where I usually touch on major stories across college hockey in a paragraph or so. I actually do have tremendous respect for their program. If we achieve half of what they have so far in the next 100 years, I'll be very happy. But if their fans want to put the hard sell on a kid who our staff wanted to stash in junior for an extra year...yeah, I'm going to have fun with that.

As far as the jerseys, I think they're fantastic. TBH, my original endorsement was for a arched block "Penn State," with a number underneath. For those unfamiliar, "Penn State" was the dominant jersey element for nearly the entire history of the club program. So I mocked one up...and realized that I basically had UConn's jerseys with a single stripe instead of a double stripe. After that, I more or less came around to the logo on the front.

PS. Thanks for the love slowe! I'm definitely reading on here, even if I don't post a ton. Sort of a job requirement, but I do enjoy hearing what fans of other teams have to say about us, or even themselves.
                            Last edited by Scally Lama; 09-12-2012, 12:45 AM.
                            Penn State: Annoying everyone in college hockey since September 17, 2010.
                            1984, 1990, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002 and 2003 ACHA National Champions

Thank You Terry: A Penn State Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Scally Lama View Post
                              I'm not bitter at all - honestly, the whole thing is just one giant troll. Back when breaking up hockey conferences was the only reason people hated Penn State (I sure do miss those days), mostly everyone I came into contact with, representing a wide range of programs, was all like "hey, welcome to the club," even if they'd then come on here and complain about how we ruined everything (because really, I didn't blame them...*I* didn't even want the Big Ten, that 12th CCHA slot was just dandy with me). The one exception? A couple of North Dakota fans. I'd never assume that two people represent an entire fanbase, but just because I hadn't met my snark quota at the time, I decided to hate on NoDak every time the opportunity came up. Which isn't really that often, because I try to keep my focus pretty tight on PSU except for a Monday link post where I usually touch on major stories across college hockey in a paragraph or so. I actually do have tremendous respect for their program. If we achieve half of what they have so far in the next 100 years, I'll be very happy. But if their fans want to put the hard sell on a kid who our staff wanted to stash in junior for an extra year...yeah, I'm going to have fun with that.

As far as the jerseys, I think they're fantastic. TBH, my original endorsement was for a arched block "Penn State," with a number underneath. For those unfamiliar, "Penn State" was the dominant jersey element for nearly the entire history of the club program. So I mocked one up...and realized that I basically had UConn's jerseys with a single stripe instead of a double stripe. After that, I more or less came around to the logo on the front.

PS. Thanks for the love slowe! I'm definitely reading on here, even if I don't post a ton. Sort of a job requirement, but I do enjoy hearing what fans of other teams have to say about us, or even themselves.
                              You think they hated you...you should ask some of the Tech fans what they think of PSU hockey.
                              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                              Originally posted by Quizmire
                              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
                              X