Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Revisiting What The Holy Hell Is Going On...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revisiting What The Holy Hell Is Going On...

I looked for it in the Hall of Fame no luck. I googled it and came up with this link. I think anyone who has not read it should. NEVER FORGET.

http://www.nmubaseball.net/uscho911/
    Providence College
    National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Re: Revisiting What The Holy Hell Is Going On...

Wow, great read so far. Thanks for posting.
    @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
    On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
    High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Got through 4.5 pages. Can't do it...

Never forget.

Comment

Luckily that is one that (I believe) Aparch was able to save.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          I am pretty sure that it was indeed aparch who deserves credit for locating most of it when USCHO blew away most of the Board's history including the HoF. There are a few pages that he did not find, but that doesn't detract from it being the most moving thread that I have ever read and particpated in.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Wasn't part of the board then, but always read it on the anniversary. Disturbing at the least, moving at the most.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Thank you very much for taking the time to archive that. I was at work and most of the electronic news sites were down from the heavy load. It was great to be able to have a website where we could all pool what we had learned. USCHO was an important part of me getting through that day.
              Boston College Eagle Hockey ยป "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                I am pretty sure that it was indeed aparch who deserves credit for locating most of it when USCHO blew away most of the Board's history including the HoF. There are a few pages that he did not find, but that doesn't detract from it being the most moving thread that I have ever read and particpated in.
                nmubaseball.net is indeed aparch. A couple pages are missing, but he managed to get most of it.
                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                Originally posted by Quizmire
                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

To the 3000 men, women and children...RIP. Gone but not forgotten.

*****http://i594.***********.com/albums/tt28/harleymc1/WTC1.jpg******

Comment

I was in Manhattan that day. The telephone lines were overloaded with heavy call volume, both landline and cell. Couldn't even get a call through to the family to let them know I was all right....so far, anyway.....

Finally was able to get a call through. Became really angry at the teachers at my children's school...they pulled the kids out of class to let them know their father was all right. You'd expect adults to have more sense than that ("why wouldn't Dad be all right?" was their natural understandable reaction; they did not reassure the kids they scared them more!)

Then wondering how the heck I'd get home, then awash with guilt that I'd be worried about something so trivial and selfish when people were suffering and dying...then wanting to go home!

The scariest part was wondering what was coming next...would they blockade Manhattan to keep us from leaving, just in case there was something biological and radiological?

It annoys me still that the TV and cable stations replay that morning, every subsequent Sept 11 (they did it again yesterday). That's a day that I'll never forget, and it's also a day I want never to relive, either.
                    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Interesting to see the posts. None of us will forget that day. I was a dept. head in a new england city. Drinking coffee and checking email when someone came running in to say a plane had hit the WTC. I had my office TV on when the second plane hit. Immediately dialed the phone to the city manager and he told me all city dept heads to city hall. I was there when we heard a plane heading to DC and then the Pentagon hit.

So many people were lucky that day too. A cousin who is in finance had an office in 2WTC and another in midtown and was in Midtown that morning. He and his wife could not call each other on cell phones but passed messages through his father in Massachusetts as long distance still worked. He walked to east 80's to pick up his son.

The thing that really surprised me was the Pentagon staying almost fully functional. A friend, a senior US Army office got a call to leave his new command in VA and report to the Pentagon immediately. He ordered a helo to take him and it was still burning when he got there around 10:30 and he was able to do what he had to do there.

I see a Salafist group had their own way of celebrating the 11th anniversary. Hope we get the evil barstewards.

Comment

Working...
                      X