Team to Beat/ Top FR recruit in the country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Team to Beat/ Top FR recruit in the country

Was over at Kreitzsberg today getting my season tickets and talked to a few people. They seem to think that the Cadets will be contenders again but are concerned that there are only 25 presently on the roster. My bet is that they will find a way to the top.
    Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Originally posted by SB in the 'Seo View Post
      How do you expect them to fair in their Non-conference and ECAC W games?
      The NAHL, AtJHL and EJHL haven't historically provided the same quality recruits as the CJHL teams.

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
        Was over at Kreitzsberg today getting my season tickets and talked to a few people. They seem to think that the Cadets will be contenders again but are concerned that there are only 25 presently on the roster. My bet is that they will find a way to the top.
        It's early September, the rosters haven't been posted yet, why would anyone be concerned now?

Comment

Originally posted by SB in the 'Seo View Post
          I've been thinking about this recently because Naz and MCC (where they will play their games) are both about 5-10 mins from my house and their first 2 games are against Geneseo. I haven't really dug into hockey research yet (looking at schedules, recruits, etc.) because I'm still in golf mode, one big tournament to go (New York state championship at the end of the month) and then I'll jump into hockey mode.

So I'll throw it out there to those who maybe have already jumped into their '12-'13 analysis. What do you expect from Naz? Conventional thinking would suggest that they struggle in their first year. However, recent history (Adrian) would suggest that teams can compete right out of the gate. How do you expect them to fair in their Non-conference and ECAC W games?
          If I were you I'd jump in with both feet in regards to the Naz program. It's a completely different perspective (and an incredible amount of fun) to watch a program get built from the ground up, and meet the people around it.

As for how I think they'll fare, I have no idea. But I wish them nothing but the best.
          Last edited by Hammer; 09-11-2012, 08:45 PM.
          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

To Dreamer6, they lost 7 and only got have 3-4 coming in, so a smaller group to chose from.
            Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

I am of the belief that the defending champion is always the team to beat. They retain most of their scoring plus their goalies. So unless BU gets demoted to D3 for their report (sorry bad joke), they are automatically the team to beat period. Now of the teams that have best shots/will be most interesting to watch in no order: Oswego, SNC, Norwich, Platty, Gustavus, St. Thomas, Hobart, Utica.

Top Fr recruit is impossible to tell. Every year theres plenty of kids from all the various junior/prep schools that are supposed to be "studs" then flame out so I refuse to comment on that.

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
                With Norwich losing so many key plays last season I was wishing they would bring in a big class to get ready for the 2013/2014 season. Losing 3 key defensemen from last year's team will be hard to replace. Dartmouth coming up in about a month will be a big test for the Cadets.
                Last edited by hawk; 09-15-2012, 07:04 PM.
                2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
                2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Originally posted by hawk View Post
                  With Norwich losing so many key plays this last season I was wishing they would bring in a big class to get ready for the 2013/2014 season. Losing 3 key defensemen from last year's team will be hard to replace. Dartmouth coming up in about a month will be a big test for the Cadets.
                  A lot depends on injuries. If you remember, in the early season last year, there were a number of players who were out for long periods of time. The quality of the roster is excellent, but the depth to cover injuries is not what we have seen in the past at NU.
                  2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                  2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                  2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                  2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                    A lot depends on injuries. If you remember, in the early season last year, there were a number of players who were out for long periods of time. The quality of the roster is excellent, but the depth to cover injuries is not what we have seen in the past at NU.
                    Prof I was sort of comparing the Cadets recruits to St. Norbert's. There recruit list is as follows:
                    BCHL 2
                    AJHL 1
                    USHL 1
                    D1 transfer

The above Junior A leagues are the strongest in North America.
                    2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
                    2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Originally posted by hawk View Post
                      Prof I was sort of comparing the Cadets recruits to St. Norbert's. There recruit list is as follows:
                      BCHL 2
                      AJHL 1
                      USHL 1
                      D1 transfer

The above Junior A leagues are the strongest in North America.
                      No, you were not. You didn't mention SNC.
                      Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09
                        St. NORBERT!

No S!
                        Actually... he was using the 's in an appropriate manner (indicating the possessive... meaning "the recruits of St. Norbert").

Where he erred was in failing to correctly indicate the possessive for the Cadets... where it should have been Cadets' (plural possessive)
                        Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                        SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                        ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                        NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                        NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                        NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                        NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
                          Seth Soley will be the biggest guy SNC will have to replace this season.
                          Have you forgotten Ryd already?
                          SNC: 2008, 2011, 2012 and 2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Toe Blake's Brother View Post
                            Have you forgotten Ryd already?

Dang, my bad!

Comment

[QUOTE=hockey247;5499081]Look for Castleton to be strong, lots of upper classman who have put points up.

Top Freshmen look for:
                              Nate Brown at Geneseo
                              Connor Gorman at Platty
                              Erik Cooper at SNC
                              Jeff Pauluk at Eau Claire
                              Connor McBride at St. Thomas
                              Brantley Sherwood at Plymouth St
                              Jarryd Ten Vaanholt at Elmira
                              Matt Coleman at Manhattenville
                              Marc Biggs at Salve Regina
                              Jesse Petito at Wentworth
                              Derek Gingera at Castleton
                              Dean Niezgoda at Norwich[/QUOT

Norberts is still the team to beat. Many say Tyler Zepeda incoming frosh is the top recruit in country. ST looking strong with some D1 transfers and top Jr A players...Tyler Richter is one to watch.

Comment

Yeah, Zepeda looks like he has the potential to be a real good one. 3+ seasons as a productive player in the USHL. The only reason I can think of that he didn't end up in the WCHA, CCHA, or Hockey East is that he is undersized.

Comment

Working...
                                X