Re: 2012-2013 Conference Predictions

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      So Robert is JDUBBS' real name?

No, The Dubber's name is Doug.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Wisconsin in the Frozen Four? Put down the pipe.
        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
          Robert must have been drunk when he made his WCHA picks.
          ....or JT from Atlantic Hockey. He chose Cole Schneider as POY. Um....he signed a pro deal in May with Ottawa.
          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
            ....or JT from Atlantic Hockey. He chose Cole Schneider as POY. Um....he signed a pro deal in May with Ottawa.
            Haha... Good catch. I didn't notice that at first.
            @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
            On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
            High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
              I'll let them know about that. JT has been out of the country for awhile, so I'm not sure if he knows about the signing, but Dave and Dan (main editors of the site) should have caught that. JT is an Air Force grad, and is currently serving our country in Afghanistan. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt
              North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                I'll let them know about that. JT has been out of the country for awhile, so I'm not sure if he knows about the signing, but Dave and Dan (main editors of the site) should have caught that. JT is an Air Force grad, and is currently serving our country in Afghanistan. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt
                Indeed. Definite free pass for serving.
                @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

No worries. I thought it was pretty common knowledge that I was a contributor to the site, but perhaps not. Also, CHW uses my exact same handle as on here (either Fighting Sioux 23 or FS23) whenever they refer to something that I have contributed. In this case, I am one of the 5 people who they used for predictions for the WCHA, CCHA, and Atlantic Hockey. Hopefully that clears up any confusion.
                  So who of the five of you should we talk to about putting CC at 9th? Seriously? 9th? I'm nominating that for worst pre-season pick this year.

Comment

Originally posted by bunt_q View Post
                    So who of the five of you should we talk to about putting CC at 9th? Seriously? 9th? I'm nominating that for worst pre-season pick this year.
                    Robert. He's a horrible human being.
                    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Someone has to finish 9th, might as well be CC.
                      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                        Someone has to finish 9th, might as well be CC.
                        How about somebody who doesn't need or appreciate home ice for the playoffs, and can probably only put 3,000 butts in seats even if they get it. Tech comes to mind.

Comment

If you're taking information back to the site editors to correct, Jarrod has Andy Iles playing for Harvard; I doubt the Cornell fans would be too happy with him for playing for two teams!
                          Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
                          Clarkson 1990

Comment

Originally posted by drshoen View Post
                            If you're taking information back to the site editors to correct, Jarrod has Andy Iles playing for Harvard; I doubt the Cornell fans would be too happy with him for playing for two teams!
                            That would be on the website guy. I let him know about the corrections that needed to be made, and it looks like he has it fixed (apparently Jarrod had Biega as his POY). Thank you for pointing that out.
                            North Dakota

Comment

I can only speak for myself when it comes to my ballot, but I had CC 9th. I felt CC is going to drop a bit this season (unless they get tremendous goaltending, which has saved them in the past). I think the top 4 teams are going to separate themselves a bit (I had Minny, UND, SCSU, and Wisconsin in my top 4). After that, I think Denver is in position to be that team that finishes a solid 5th. I think the race for the last home ice spot is basically between Tech, CC, Omaha, and Duluth. I felt that Tech has what it takes to get that last spot, so I had them 6th, just edging out Omaha who I had 7th. That leaves Duluth and CC for 8th (again, all in my opinion), and I think Duluth has a slight edge over CC this year. That's how I got CC at 9. Again, I can only speak for myself. I didn't see the ballots of the other 4 who did predictions for the WCHA, but in general conversations with them, we all felt pretty similar that CC was going to have a down year this year.

For those interested, here was my ballot for standings:
                              1. Minnesota
                              2. North Dakota
                              3. SCSU
                              4. Wisconsin
                              5. Denver
                              6. Tech
                              7. Omaha
                              8. Duluth
                              9. CC
                              10. Mankato
                              11. Bemidji
                              12. Anchorage
                              North Dakota

Comment

I can only speak for myself when it comes to my ballot, but I had CC 9th. I felt CC is going to drop a bit this season (unless they get tremendous goaltending, which has saved them in the past). I think the top 4 teams are going to separate themselves a bit (I had Minny, UND, SCSU, and Wisconsin in my top 4). After that, I think Denver is in position to be that team that finishes a solid 5th. I think the race for the last home ice spot is basically between Tech, CC, Omaha, and Duluth. I felt that Tech has what it takes to get that last spot, so I had them 6th, just edging out Omaha who I had 7th. That leaves Duluth and CC for 8th (again, all in my opinion), and I think Duluth has a slight edge over CC this year. That's how I got CC at 9. Again, I can only speak for myself. I didn't see the ballots of the other 4 who did predictions for the WCHA, but in general conversations with them, we all felt pretty similar that CC was going to have a down year this year.

For those interested, here was my ballot for standings:
                                1. Minnesota
                                2. North Dakota
                                3. SCSU
                                4. Wisconsin
                                5. Denver
                                6. Tech
                                7. Omaha
                                8. Duluth
                                9. CC
                                10. Mankato
                                11. Bemidji
                                12. Anchorage
                                Good ballet there FS, I question if STC can be that good and CC could end up 10th or 11th very easily.
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                                X