UAA Seawolves 2012-2013 Thread "the Last Hurrah"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAA Seawolves 2012-2013 Thread "the Last Hurrah"

I was flipping through channels and happened upon The Coach Shyiak Show. I didn't even know this was back on the air. He mentioned that the only injury was Pickering (concussion). The show cut off just as Shyiak was addressing the question of how he disciplines his players.

The Friday game is listed on GCI as airing at 11:00 instead of 10:00.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Are we still complaining about the mascot? Now I remember why I don't post here so much...
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by jimjamesak View Post
        are we still complaining about the mascot? Now i remember why i don't post here so much...
        ok
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

You guys paint your mascot yellow and it would fit in in Colorado Springs.
          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Well the Regular season is finally here, let's hope the boys come out fired up tonight. BTW Blueliner luncheon @ 1130 at Lucy Cuddy Hall if anyone is interested 20 bucks at the door i believe

GO SEAWOLVES
            Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
              At least they got rid of that embarrassing blogger that they were forcing everybody to read. So they are doing something!
              So when's that last blog post going to be put up sir?
              Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Lines for tonight against canisius

Scott Allen-Matt Bailey-Jordan Kwas
                Kory Roy-Daniel Naslund-Brett Cameron
                Hayden Trupp-Blake Tatchell-Alex Gellert
                Andrew Pettitt-Tyler Currier-Chris Crowell

Austin Coldwell-Derek Docken
                Scott Warner-Blake Leask
                Quinn Sproule-Austin Sevalrud

Chris Kamal
                Rob Gunderson
                Michael Matyas

Guys Sitting out
                Bobby Murphy
                Stephen Obarzanek
                Andrew Pickering
                Chris Williams
                Ben Matthews
                Corbin Karl

GO SEAWOLVES!!!
                Last edited by seawolfpunk; 10-12-2012, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Nice win by UAA. I watched on the internet and thought UAA got stronger as the game went on. They really played well defensively in the 2nd and 3rd periods. Tomorrow may be a tougher opponent in Air Force, hope they come out with less jitters.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I thought we came out very flat and the passing was terrible in the first, but after docken's goal I saw the guys were gaining more and more confidence shift by shift. Hope the momentum continues tonight.

GO WOLVES!!!

Comment

• Re: UAA Seawolves 2012-2013 Thread "the Last Hurrah"

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
                      I thought we came out very flat and the passing was terrible in the first, but after docken's goal I saw the guys were gaining more and more confidence shift by shift. Hope the momentum continues tonight.

GO WOLVES!!!
                      Yup, the embers were really stoked after that first goal. I agree about the passing in the first and there was no pep either. They nicely improved though
                      as the game progressed as they had dominated the game in the last period.

Comment

Dude, who are these chicks in section 110 all painted up in green and gold? This is awesome!! I'm guessing either cheerleaders or jersey chasers.
                        _AIRBANKS: THE "SPENARD" OF ALASKA.

Originally posted by birdman
                        No excuses from UAF fans, UAA beat us.

Comment

• And a side note, Travis Jackson, number 75, is the worst lineman I have ever seen.
                          _AIRBANKS: THE "SPENARD" OF ALASKA.

Originally posted by birdman
                          No excuses from UAF fans, UAA beat us.

Comment

• Originally posted by UAA08 View Post
                            And a side note, Travis Jackson, number 75, is the worst lineman I have ever seen.
                            We usually have questionable linesmen.

Congrats to the Seawolves for winning their tourney for the second straight year! Kudos to Air Force for battling back to tie the game with .2 seconds left. Would have been nice to get the win but I'm pleased with the outcome.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

So what's the deal with the UAA Fan Blog? Is there not going to be anymore posts? I think the ADN site is useless and the UAA Fan Blog is much more entertaining.
                              Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                              Eric's Twitter
                              The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                                So what's the deal with the UAA Fan Blog? Is there not going to be anymore posts? I think the ADN site is useless and the UAA Fan Blog is much more entertaining.
                                I'm not exactly sure what is happening i know DD is done, but a few people may want to take it over.

anyway here's game highlights from last night if anyone wants to see

http://www.goseawolves.com/mediaPort...507&id=1069956

Comment

Working...
                                X