Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Gophers 2012-2013: From Dinkytown to Steel City!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gophers 2012-2013: From Dinkytown to Steel City!

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    I hadn't really noticed the title to this thread before. Just out of curiousity, was GE trying to re-create the magic of the Denver "From Boonetown to Motown" season thread of a few years ago.
    Just my lame attempt at being clever.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
    Twenty red lights in his honor
    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
      Just my lame attempt...
      Reduuuundant.

Comment

Hello fellow Gopher hockey fans! I probably missed it, but who will be FSN's TV announcer this year? I heard the other day that LaPanta will be moving to the Wild, which for me is good news! Do we get Frank back?
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
          Hello fellow Gopher hockey fans! I probably missed it, but who will be FSN's TV announcer this year? I heard the other day that LaPanta will be moving to the Wild, which for me is good news! Do we get Frank back?
          Um, no. Frank....well.....he has some strong opinions on FSN. He won't be back there ever.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Gopher Hockey TV schedule

FOX SPORTS NORTH AND THE GOLDEN GOPHERS
            ANNOUNCE 2012-13 MEN’S HOCKEY TELECAST SCHEDULE

Home Opener from Mariucci: Friday, Oct. 12
            Multiple Interactive Elements to Complement Live Broadcasts This Season

FOX Sports North and the University of Minnesota announced today the 2012-13 television schedule for the 92nd season of Golden Gopher men’s hockey. The season begins Friday, Oct. 12 at 5:30 p.m. with the Gophers facing Michigan State in the home opener at Mariucci Arena.

FOX Sports North’s schedule includes 17 telecasts on the FOX Sports North PLUS channel.
            Gophers Live presented by Century Link will air before and after every game telecast. The complete schedule is available in high definition.

The 28-game television schedule includes 13 telecasts at Mariucci and 15 road contests. Highlights include a number of border battles, including two games against Wisconsin on Nov. 16 and Feb. 14 and two contests against the University of North Dakota, one on Jan. 18, the other on Jan. 19 as part of the seventh annual Hockey Day Minnesota. The schedule features multiple match-ups against Minnesota schools with three against Minnesota State, a match-up against Minnesota Duluth and two contests each against St. Cloud State and Bemidji State.

The network will continue to bring numerous interactive online elements to this season’s viewing experience. Gopher hockey fans will be able to view and share instant video highlights from games via FOXsportsnorth.com, Facebook and Twitter. Select games will also feature “Director’s Cut,” a second screen experience where the viewer is in control throughout the broadcast. A live view of multiple camera angles, fans have the choice of watching any one of four cameras from the TV Truck all while listening to the producer and director during the show.

FOX Sports North reaches more than 2 million homes throughout Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa and North and South Dakota and telecasts nearly 2,600 hours of locally produced programming per year. For more information about the Emmy Award-winning regional sports network:

*****http://www.foxsportsnorth.com/common/medialib/270/692265.jpg******
            Originally posted by CavalryNate
            Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
            sigpic

Comment

34 of 36 is great. Anchorage is a haul.
              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                Yep, and usually UAA has an internet feed going, I seem to remember watching them last year up in Anchorage that way.
                Originally posted by CavalryNate
                Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                  Yep, and usually UAA has an internet feed going, I seem to remember watching them last year up in Anchorage that way.
                  Yep. and it's not too bad of a feed considering it's AA. They do a really decent job of putting it together.
                  "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Funny they have the schedule out but not the guy doing it.
                    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                      Good to see they'll be televising the games from Houghton. Probably the last time we'll get to watch the Gophers play Tech up there.
                      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                        Gopher Hockey TV schedule

*****http://www.foxsportsnorth.com/common/medialib/270/692265.jpg******
                        Any idea what the plus signs signify? Are they Director's cut games perhaps? I will actually be out of the state for the first two series, although near a computer for a one or two. I can't believe I am missing the first two series with how much I am anticipating this season........It better be worth it!

Comment

the + means it is on the FSN+ channel

wonder who is calling the broadcasts? surprised it hasnt been announced yet

Comment

Only nine or ten games are on FSN+, so I don't think that's what it means.

Also, there is a chance that those games won't be bumped to the alternate, because there might not be Wild games to televise.

Comment

the article above says there are 17 games on fsn PLUS. there are 17 +'s.. so im pretty sure thats what they mean

Comment

Interesting. Roman just tweeted that only nine or ten are. Usually he is pretty on top of things.

Comment

Working...
                                X