Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Gophers 2012-2013: From Dinkytown to Steel City!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gophers 2012-2013: From Dinkytown to Steel City!

Looks like Reilly and Skjei made the WJC prelim roster. No Boyd.

Russo Blog
    @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
    On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
    High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Connor Hurley to Notre Dame. Not sure what the Edina to Notre Dame connection is, but it's annoying.
      Last edited by mnstate0fhockey; 12-05-2012, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
        Connor Hurley to Notre Dame. Not sure what the Edina to Notre Dame connection is, but it's annoying.
        Bummer. He was a good one, would have been nice to watch him play for the Gophers. Grats to Notre Dame

We do have some horses coming in though, the pipeline looks good.

Comment

• Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
          Bummer. He was a good one, would have been nice to watch him play for the Gophers. Grats to Notre Dame

We do have some horses coming in though, the pipeline looks good.
          Indeed. Can't win them all. Even though I'd like it more if we did

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
            Notre Dame recruits regular Edina joe blows to their school.
            Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
            dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
            wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

National rookies of the month in men's, women's hockey both Gophers

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/182161441.html
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                National rookies of the month in men's, women's hockey both Gophers

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/182161441.html
                Here is where Wilcox stands among WCHA goalies in key categories in overall games:

1st -- 1.61 goals-against average

1st in wins -- 9-2-2

3rd -- .925 save percentage

Speaks to how our team defense is doing. Now we need team offense to keep its part of the bargain.
                Go Gophers!

Comment

http://www.foxsportsnorth.com/12/05/...blockID=831155

From Fox Sports North, article about Reilly and Skjei.
                  Originally posted by CavalryNate
                  Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                  sigpic

Comment

Mario Lucia with a goal and an assist through two for Notre Dame tonight. The kid definitely would have looked good in the Maroon and Gold, but I can't say I disagree with the desire to not mix family with business, so to speak.

Notre Dame looks good. But then again, the Gophers looked really ****ing good against Mich St.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                      Mario Lucia with a goal and an assist through two for Notre Dame tonight. The kid definitely would have looked good in the Maroon and Gold, but I can't say I disagree with the desire to not mix family with business, so to speak.

Notre Dame looks good. But then again, the Gophers looked really ****ing good against Mich St.
                      We got Sonny and missed out on Michael, so to speak.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                      And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                      Twenty red lights in his honor
                      Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Three points on the road is always a positive, right?

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                        And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                        Twenty red lights in his honor
                        Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                          Not when it SHOULD have been four. Still feels like a split to me.
                          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

D2D is right. My mind knows that 3 points and where we are sitting is good. But it's starting to look amazing we are still winning games and high in the standings knowing the games we've played and given away. I thought I'd be okay with 3 points after a day or two. Guess I'll need a bit longer.

Comment

I'm trying to keep telling my self that but...... (insert GPL chainsaw smiley here)

Finish an effing game. My dad says, "Well, at least we know cruise control works...". That's about as accurate as it comes.
                              "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

I look at it from an "all-in before the flop" standpoint. Many of us expected a split at the end of the "hand." However, we got a great "flop" (Fri's game) and strong "turn" (the 3 goal lead on Sat). However, the "river card" (the end of Sat's game) got us.

In summary, we did better than many thought we would do when it was all said and done, it just hurts a little after seeing that turn card which gave us hope for a clean sweep.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X