Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Gophers 2012-2013: From Dinkytown to Steel City!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota Gophers 2012-2013: From Dinkytown to Steel City!

Originally posted by wasmania View Post
    I thinks its because you quit being a message board psychoanalyst and focused on beng an ***** like the rest of us
    Darth Traitor.

Comment

@MNState0fHockey on Twitter
      On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
      High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Hudson fasching‏ @Hfasching22: It's amazing what one year can do to you #theprogram

Comment

The student section is gearing up for one hell of season...apparently all student season tickets for all Saturday games are now SOLD OUT (only a few remain for Friday nights)!

*****http://i594.***********.com/albums/tt28/harleymc1/macandteam.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
            The student section is gearing up for one hell of season...apparently all student season tickets for all Saturday games are now SOLD OUT (only a few remain for Friday nights)!

*****http://i594.***********.com/albums/tt28/harleymc1/macandteam.jpg******
            Great pic!

Hope to see that again this year...
            Originally posted by CavalryNate
            Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
            sigpic

Comment

That was literally the only game I went to all year where I wasn't in the student section. I would have loved to be in the picture 10 rows up right on the aisle. We had to scalp tickets that night because even the SRO tickets were gone.
              "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Connor Hurley, C – Edina Hornets (Minn. HS)

Edina is one of the premier high school teams in Minnesota right now, producing NHL prospects such as Zach Budish, Lou Nanne and Max Everson. This is Hurley’s year – but the talented forward jumped the gun and had a fantastic 2011-12 campaign as well, leading the Hornets with 22 goals and 48 points in 25 games and to a berth in the state tournament, where they lost to the eventual champs from Benilde-St. Margaret’s. Still, Hurley came out smiling.

“It was amazing,” he said. “I had been dreaming about it since I was a little kid, watching my brother win it in 2005. It was so much fun skating on that ice.”

His brother Ryan won the prestigious title with Holy Angels (Erik Johnson’s alma mater) and also taught Connor the importance of diversity – in this case, trading off hockey and lacrosse as a way to build skills. And what Connor does well in the arena can be traced to those lessons from his Lax bro:

“I see the ice well and there’s also my playmaking and scoring,” he said. “Being able to make passes without looking.”

Right now, Hurley is playing in the Upper Midwest High School Elite League, which gathers the top players from around Minnesota (plus a few out-of-state squads) for autumn play, since the high school season doesn't start until late November. He’s currently second in league scoring with a goal and seven points in three games – all wins for Team Southwest. Hurley may spend some time with the United States League’s Muskegon Lumberjacks this season too, with the NCAA looming after that.

“I grew up watching the (U. of Minnesota) Gophers, but it’s going to be different now with the Big Ten,” Hurley said. “It’s going to be a very good league, so it will probably be either Big Ten or Hockey East – those are the teams I dreamed of playing for.” Draft eligible in 2013.

Shane Gersich, C – Holy Family Catholic Fire (Minn. HS)

The top pick in the United States League draft, Gersich is now property of the Omaha Lancers. But right now, the high-scoring forward is competing in the Upper Midwest High School Elite League, where he has a solid three goals and five points in three games for Team Southwest. A strong skater who makes his linemates better, Gersich will play high school hockey again this year. Draft eligible in 2014.
                The Hockey News Article

Comment

We looking at Hurley?

I figure Gersich will wear the Maroon and Gold in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                    We looking at Hurley?

I figure Gersich will wear the Maroon and Gold in the near future.
                    I hope we're looking hard at both.

Comment

according to hammy, the U is pretty confident gersich will commit to the gophers..

im not in the know- but id hope hurley is right up there at the top of the U's "wish list".. now that cammarata has committed id put gersich and hurley as their next two top potential recruits.. although for whatever reason hurley strikes me as a 2 year or so college player (maybe just because of his combination of size/skill)
                      Last edited by jerryj; 09-11-2012, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib

Of the 24 college games that will be on NBC Sports Network this season, NONE feature a Minnesota school. #stateofhockey
                        fyi

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          fyi
                          “@gopherstate: Only NBCSN games west of South Bend are in Denver and Omaha. #Gophers play both at Mariucci this season.”
                          Last edited by mnstate0fhockey; 09-11-2012, 06:07 PM.

Comment

*****http://i46.tinypic.com/2w1wfph.jpg******

*****http://i45.tinypic.com/1pdwjm.jpg******
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              fyi
                              The Gophers men's hockey team made it to the Frozen Four last year, but it will not make an appearance on any of the 24 college hockey games broadcast nationally by NBC Sports Network this season.

This news comes despite the network’s beefed-up coverage to prepare for a NHL lockout.

Fellow Western Collegiate Hockey Association member Nebraska-Omaha will appear on the network six times, which is the most of any team in college hockey. Wisconsin, Denver, Colorado College and North Dakota will also play nationally televised games this season.

-Minnesota Daily, Tuesday, Sept. 11, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                                The Gophers men's hockey team made it to the Frozen Four last year, but it will not make an appearance on any of the 24 college hockey games broadcast nationally by NBC Sports Network this season.

This news comes despite the network’s beefed-up coverage to prepare for a NHL lockout.

Fellow Western Collegiate Hockey Association member Nebraska-Omaha will appear on the network six times, which is the most of any team in college hockey. Wisconsin, Denver, Colorado College and North Dakota will also play nationally televised games this season.

-Minnesota Daily, Tuesday, Sept. 11, 2012
                                From what I've read the Gopher's current TV deals with FSN/BTN made it difficult. I also read that NBC has deals in place with Hockey East, UNO, and Denver. The Gophers are still the most televised team in college hockey. Next year when the B10 starts up, they will have as much national exposure as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X