Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Gophers 2012-2013: From Dinkytown to Steel City!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gophers 2012-2013: From Dinkytown to Steel City!

*****http://i47.tinypic.com/ih34mh.jpg******
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

I really need to see a convincing win tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
        I really need to see a win tonight.
        Fixed.
        I don't care if it's convincing or not. Don't care if it's pretty or not. Just get the W.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

“@Russostrib: #Gophers D Mark Alt may be being sent a message tonight. He's scratched. No word if injury, but he's one of the vets Lucia wants more from”

“@Russostrib: Jake Parenteau back where he belongs on D. Christian Isackson down to 4th line, Nate Condon to first #Gophers”
          @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
          On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
          High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
            “@Russostrib: #Gophers D Mark Alt may be being sent a message tonight. He's scratched. No word if injury, but he's one of the vets Lucia wants more from”

“@Russostrib: Jake Parenteau back where he belongs on D. Christian Isackson down to 4th line, Nate Condon to first #Gophers”
            Yeah I just saw the lineup sheet, I like the changes.

https://***********/ben_clymer/status/275011973278756865/photo/1
            Originally posted by CavalryNate
            Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
              Yeah I just saw the lineup sheet, I like the changes.

https://***********/ben_clymer/status/275011973278756865/photo/1
              That could be an interesting 4th line. I think Isackson can bring more than a 4th liner. Holl has been working hard there and playing well. And Serratore is, well, Serratore.

Hopefully 1st line will be flying.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Fixed.
                I don't care if it's convincing or not. Don't care if it's pretty or not. Just get the W.
                A win is essential. But just squeeking one out is simply a relief and doesn't help me feel much better. I need to see a couple games that make we think they can play 60 minutes and are capable of beating anyone. That is just the way I feel right now.

Comment

Sitting Alt could turn out to be a season turning point. Not only do I suspect he will play better but, more importantly, the rest of the team now realizes no one is safe from a night in the press box. I could be wrong, but like the move.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                  And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                  Twenty red lights in his honor
                  Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

• Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                    Sitting Alt could turn out to be a season turning point. Not only do I suspect he will play better but, more importantly, the rest of the team now realizes no one is safe from a night in the press box. I could be wrong, but like the move.
                    Agreed. If the effort or execution isn't there, someone else will get a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                      I hope to God you are right....
                      - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -

Go Bemidji Beavers
                      Go you Green and White
                      Go Bemidji Beavers
                      Fight with all your might!
                      Rah! Rah! Rah!
                      We are here to cheer you
                      We are out to win your fame,
                      So, Go Bemidji Beavers
                      Fight to win this game.-Fight.

Comment

What in the hell was going on with the lines and D pairings tonight? Pretty much the only constant was Budish-Haula-Warning, but even that wasn't always consistent. I kept trying to figure out who was injured that was causing all the shuffling, but eventual realized that's just the way they were playing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                          What in the hell was going on with the lines and D pairings tonight? Pretty much the only constant was Budish-Haula-Warning, but even that wasn't always consistent. I kept trying to figure out who was injured that was causing all the shuffling, but eventual realized that's just the way they were playing.
                          Per Russo. Looks like tDon wasn't happy with Boyd's play:

But even Nate Condon, who was supposed to play on the first line, barely played there because Lucia wasn’t happy with Travis Boyd’s play. So Condon wound up moving to center.

It was that kind of night. An example? The eventual Tom Serratore second-period winning goal was created by Condon and Christian Isackson, who forced the turnover, “and that wasn’t even a line on the line chart,” Lucia said.

Comment

I was wondering why all the shuffling was happening, they didn't have the jump imo after they switched back to the old line combos. They were flying that whole first period, I loved Condon up on the first line. It would be nice if we could settle in on some line combos soon.
                            Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                              I was wondering why all the shuffling was happening, they didn't have the jump imo after they switched back to the old line combos. They were flying that whole first period, I loved Condon up on the first line. It would be nice if we could settle in on some line combos soon.
                              Only thing I can think of is Don must have more confidence in his forwards than the his young D, but he doesn't want to sit anyone so he dresses 7 and assumes the forwards will adapt. Better to do this now rather than later, I guess?

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                              And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                              Twenty red lights in his honor
                              Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                                Only thing I can think of is Don must have more confidence in his forwards than the his young D, but he doesn't want to sit anyone so he dresses 7 and assumes the forwards will adapt. Better to do this now rather than later, I guess?
                                Yeah I get the feeling he doesn't want to sit anyone either, that's why we have the D experiment and forward shuffle.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X