Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Gophers 2012-2013: From Dinkytown to Steel City!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gophers 2012-2013: From Dinkytown to Steel City!

Maybe he would want to watch the ladies as long as they are wearing appropriate clothing of course, you know turtle neck sweaters and baggy sweat pants.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
      Maybe he would want to watch the ladies as long as they are wearing appropriate clothing of course, you know turtle neck sweaters and baggy sweat pants.
      Perhaps he would enjoy watching them actually as hockey players are generally completely covered up. Other than their neck, face and ears, you can't really see anything. Most importantly the boobage is covered completely. On the other hand a rogue ankle could make an appearance if the shinguard moves a bit and the player isn't wearing socks. That could be disastrous!
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

A few weeks back, I made a comment about how terrible Mike Reilly looked on defense. More than one other person jumped to his defense saying it was Alt who was leaving him hanging out to dry on several occasions. I have to say, after the past few weeks, I couldn't agree more with whoever was saying that. Reilly looks actually pretty decent. Still a few rookie mistakes but that's a given, being a Freshman D in this league. But what the hell is going on with Alt? After paying more attention to him, he looks absolutely brutal! He's regressed severely in my opinion - making stupid decisions with/without the puck, taking stupid penalties, and just general sloppiness. I hope he can turn it around because he's got high-level talent but hasn't shown it this year.

Comment

The Amish swimsuit..........

*****https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREPBNoPWjsMBxxPaAiBA_vfnoBh6AOL BBPLVvUhWlZqRBAFeCq******
          "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
          Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
          The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
          Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
            A few weeks back, I made a comment about how terrible Mike Reilly looked on defense. More than one other person jumped to his defense saying it was Alt who was leaving him hanging out to dry on several occasions. I have to say, after the past few weeks, I couldn't agree more with whoever was saying that. Reilly looks actually pretty decent. Still a few rookie mistakes but that's a given, being a Freshman D in this league. But what the hell is going on with Alt? After paying more attention to him, he looks absolutely brutal! He's regressed severely in my opinion - making stupid decisions with/without the puck, taking stupid penalties, and just general sloppiness. I hope he can turn it around because he's got high-level talent but hasn't shown it this year.
            I think both he and Reilly have been suspect so far this year.
            I'm in favor of seeing the return of the Alt - Marshall pairing.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
              Couldn't agree more. I think Alt has been terrible this year so far.
              "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

I'm thinking about coming out for the Final Five, and wanting to book everything so I can just not think about it for a few months. Any suggestions on good places to stay/places to avoid like the plague?

Comment

• Originally posted by duper View Post
                  I'm thinking about coming out for the Final Five, and wanting to book everything so I can just not think about it for a few months. Any suggestions on good places to stay/places to avoid like the plague?
                  The Holiday Inn right across the intersection is great for obvious reasons, but fills up fast. The Crowne Plaza works well. It is a doable walk, especially with how warm it has been in recent years.

Also, A DENVER FAN AT THE FINAL FIVE?!?
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                    The Holiday Inn right across the intersection is great for obvious reasons, but fills up fast. The Crowne Plaza works well. It is a doable walk, especially with how warm it has been in recent years.

Someone has to root for the winning team.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

Good luck for the Holiday Inn. I've tried booking there for this year's F5 and the F4 when it was here, and they claimed no rooms available both times.....50 weeks in advance (which is the outermost limit a hotel will book). I've stayed at the Crowne, and will be staying there again this year. Solid hotel, and within walking distance of everything.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Marshall back on D...Yay!

Lucia said there’s a good possibility on Friday that the Gophers play 11 forwards and seven defensemen. Ben Marshall, who has been playing forward since Warning got hurt, will move back to the blue line, and Lucia said most likely Tom Serratore will move up in lines.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                          What they could learn is to play with heart and full effort every minute. And to cover their man (woman) in the defensive zone - not puck watch. Having an all-world player in net would help too.
                          Agreed. Show me great effort and I'll show you how great you can be.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                            Marshall back on D...Yay!
                            Great news! Back where he belongs, also I agree that Serratore deserves a shot with another line besides the 4th.

Move Isaackson down, he hasn't done anything anyway. I do get annoyed at the 11 forward thing though and rotating a D in to play 4th line forward, not sure why he is so against playing Horn, I thought he would be a decent player in college. Guess not.

Comment

Great news! Back where he belongs, also I agree that Serratore deserves a shot with another line besides the 4th.

Move Isaackson down, he hasn't done anything anyway. I do get annoyed at the 11 forward thing though and rotating a D in to play 4th line forward, not sure why he is so against playing Horn, I thought he would be a decent player in college. Guess not.
                              Agreed on your entire post.

Marshall back at D...good!

Isaackson down, yeah, I just haven't seen much from him since the Mich St series.

Not sure why Horn doesn't get a shot. It seems like everyone else is getting chances to play...?
                              Last edited by gopher wes; 11-08-2012, 08:51 AM.
                              "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Can the Gophs avoid a split?

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                                Agreed on your entire post.

Marshall back at D...good!

Isaackson down, yeah, I just haven't seen much from him since the Mich St series.

Not sure why Horn doesn't get a shot. It seems like everyone else is getting chances to play...?
                                Agreed. Isaackson got some goals early. But I was suspect from the beginning. And that anyone playing with arguably the best player in the country and best soph should do just fine.

Marshall is becoming the real deal. Let him continue to work his magic.

I think folks have been overly harsh on M Reilly. Its tough moving from the BCHL to the WCHA. He's got flashes of greatness, I bet he just needs time to polish himself.
                                Go Gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X