Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Gophers 2012-2013: From Dinkytown to Steel City!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sfo19 View Post
    Nice job, Don.
    If North Dakota had dumped that hostile and abusive nickname earlier they would have gotten the Gophers post-WCHA
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

• Re: Minnesota Gophers 2012-2013: From Dinkytown to Steel City!

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
      If North Dakota had dumped that hostile and abusive nickname earlier they would have gotten the Gophers post-WCHA
      They would've found some other lame excuse to not play UND. Everyone and their brother knew UND was going to dump the name.
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty View Post
        They would've found some other lame excuse to not play UND. Everyone and their brother knew UND was going to dump the name.
        They didn't wait around. It happens. It won't be a continuous rivalry going forward. Unfortunately, neither team will have a lot of road NC flexability (especially MN because of its commitment to in-state rivalries), both programs want a 1-for-1 agreement, and there are a lot of other quality NC opponents to consider.
        @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
        On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
        High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
          They didn't wait around. It happens. It won't be a continuous rivalry going forward. Unfortunately, neither team will have a lot of road NC flexability (especially MN because of its commitment to in-state rivalries), both programs want a 1-for-1 agreement, and there are a lot of other quality NC opponents to consider.
          They have committed 4 home games to in-state teams, 2 on the road and 2 at that tourney but they go from 28 to 20 conference games so they'll have as much flexibility as they used to in essence.
          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
            I wouldn't mind playing UND. Its just less of a priority for us than it is for them. It also wouldn't suprise me if there was some bad blood with Hakstol.
            Go Gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
              They have committed 4 home games to in-state teams, 2 on the road and 2 at that tourney but they go from 28 to 20 conference games so they'll have as much flexibility as they used to in essence.
              True, but they also "mandate" 20 games to be played at home. I believe they have agreed to count the two tourney games at the X towards required home games though, so that means 18 home games. Only 10 of those will be home conference games, which means they need 8 home non conference games a year. So, the amount of 1-for-1 scheduling agreements they can have at one time is limited.

Note: While some might consider games at the X "home" games for the Gophers anyways, the revenue for the tournament will be split between schools.
              Last edited by mnstate0fhockey; 10-31-2012, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Congrats on beating Canisius.
                Bob is making me concerned
                I am the voice of reason

Comment

• Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
                  Yeah, that topic has been beaten to death.

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
                    Thanks, but I didn't actually play any part in the victory.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koho View Post
                      I missed the first thirty seconds of the game, therefore I missed everything.
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                        Don't sell yourself short....

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                        And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                        Twenty red lights in his honor
                        Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                          I missed the first thirty seconds of the game, therefore I missed everything.
                          Me too. Stepped out in the hall to grab something and it was 1-0.

Comment

Per Russo: No UMN vs UND series for at least 4 years after this season.
                            While that may be true, the chances of seeing UND in post season play within the four years is a high probability.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                              While that may be true, the chances of seeing UND in post season play within the four years is a high probability.
                              Very high. The tourney is often a showcase for irony.
                              Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by jerryj View Post
                                probably tyler nanne. there is a vannelli out there.. lots of kids getting spots with family connections (not necessarily implying anything there as I have not seen these kids play)
                                The advantage of the legacy recruits we've landed is the cost is advantageous given the talent. Which allows for better depth down the road since you are essentially grabbing scholarship worthy kids way under market value for what they could get and you can use more scholarship elsewhere.

I'm sure Tyler Nanne will end up there at some point since Grandpa will probably be footing the bill and it limits any risk exposure to the Gophers.

The Vannelli kid is a question mark because of academics. He's a kid that will commit to a place and then it will be fingers crossed if he can do enough to eventually get admitted. No doubt the talent is there though.

Don't really need to say much about Gersich. He's been dinged up but I'd like to see more progress.

Lance Pitlick's son Rem is a tiny waterbug but has a lot of skill and quickness. Only 10th grader so we'll have to see. He'd be a kid that'd be for much further down the road.

Gotta nab Hurley while we're at it too.
                                Likely going to come down to the Gophers and Notre Dame for him.
                                Last edited by Hammy; 11-01-2012, 07:49 PM.
                                University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X